Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] D Logan Stanley re-signs with the Jets (2 years, $1.25M AAV)

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Cheap for a #6. Above average for a #7. Based on games played, he's somewhere in between. Considering how seldom he plays and how I don't get to see many Jets games, when I have seen him play he's been the mean piece of work his size suggests but little else.

I think it's a reasonable contract. If you waive him, it's 250k on cap. At a deadline, he'd be someone a team might consider for last minute depth when all other avenues have failed.

Reactions: Buffdog

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Really don't think he brings much value to a team. I feel like he only has an NHL job due to his height and that it has little to nothing to do with his performance on the ice.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
For years Jets fans bitched about this pick...I don't know how many times I heard Cholowski's name...But HF Jets fans love undersized skating defensemen, Enstrom, Niku, Johanneson and Heinola are just a few of them that have been lauded with accolades. Then you see big defenses winning in the playoffs...there's Desharnais in VCR now. Josh Brown replaced him. Edmunson went to L.A. Middleton is still in Minny...Schenn in Nashville. There's room for big d-men in the NHL, especially if they can physically overpower their opponents in 1-1 board battles on the PK, block some shots....Glad he is part of the team, probably the 2nd least popular Jet after Pionk. But still a part of winning over here...underrated outlet passer in my opinion, and still the heaviest shot on the defense.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Is he going to play this year?! Asking cause I have him in my very deep keeper league. 32 GMs each team has 50 contract spots and 90 player spots….

Anyways yah would be nice if he gets to play

Reactions: Stelio Kontos

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Why do the Jets keep bringing this guy back? I realize they drafted him awhile ago now and he's 'big', but that's about it.

They never play him, and when the does get into the lineup, the fans are clamoring for his removal. He's already asked for trade more than once. So clearly he doesn't want to be in Winnipeg.

But the Jets refuse to put him on waivers or even trade him. So every year, he spends more time in the press-box than on the ice. Baffling, really.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Why do the Jets keep bringing this guy back? I realize they drafted him awhile ago now and he's 'big', but that's about it.

They never play him, and when the does get into the lineup, the fans are clamoring for his removal. He's already asked for trade more than once. So clearly he doesn't want to be in Winnipeg.

But the Jets refuse to put him on waivers or even trade him. So every year, he spends more time in the press-box than on the ice. Baffling, really.
Someone has to have that job. The price is right.

Reactions: Lorenzo1000

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I believe this deal takes him to UFA status so he probably settled for that
He would have been UFA at the end of this season. Jets got him to sign for an extra year...maybe hoping for 2nd coming of Ben Chiarot, who was a late bloomer.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
I’m not surprised at the $ …… Which I believe to be bang on the right amount.

I’m surprised at the term !

He could have accepted a 1 year qualifying offer @ about 1.1 mill and been a UFA at the end of this year.

Instead of betting on him self for a big ( 6’7) payday next July 1 , he went for the guaranteed 2.5 mill over 2 years… Hey good 👍 good for him “ stay with the one that brought you to the dance/ loyalty contract)!

Stay mean though…. Don’t play soft now that you got some $ in your pants….

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

NO, he's really big.

Reactions: Lorenzo1000

pegcity

Feb 9, 2011
Winnipeg
For years Jets fans bitched about this pick...I don't know how many times I heard Cholowski's name...But HF Jets fans love undersized skating defensemen, Enstrom, Niku, Johanneson and Heinola are just a few of them that have been lauded with accolades. Then you see big defenses winning in the playoffs...there's Desharnais in VCR now. Josh Brown replaced him. Edmunson went to L.A. Middleton is still in Minny...Schenn in Nashville. There's room for big d-men in the NHL, especially if they can physically overpower their opponents in 1-1 board battles on the PK, block some shots....Glad he is part of the team, probably the 2nd least popular Jet after Pionk. But still a part of winning over here...underrated outlet passer in my opinion, and still the heaviest shot on the defense.
What's interesting about this is he is (when you look at the analytics) terrible defensively and not terrible offensively. Like if the Jets played/developed him based on his skill set, we might have an okay bottom pairing guy.

And just to clarify, the undersized players that the analytics said to take at the beginning of the second round were Debrincat and Girard.

Not only did the Jets take Stanley in the first round, they traded up to middle of the first round to get him.

Reactions: Sweech and voyageur

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad