Post-Game Talk: Wow. We looked Good. (but we lost). That wasn't painful at all.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Really is funny. Guy has a really good game, yet instead of just saying well done, they have to resort to such petty things.

The draw he lost was hard fought. The Canadien player deserves some credit there. He was on his ass with Kadri on top of him and somehow managed to kick it back.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Even if Kadri won that draw, unless the Leafs score in that last minute, Leafs will still lose the game. Leafs were not leading nor was it a tie at that time. Stop making it sounded like Kadri lost the game for the Leafs bc the Leafs were losing at that time.
You could say he should have won.....but he didn't but losing that face off had nothing to do with losing the game. Heck, even if he won that face off, Leafs still needs to score to tie the game.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
The draw he lost was hard fought. The Canadien player deserves some credit there. He was on his ass with Kadri on top of him and somehow managed to kick it back.

That puck could have gone either way, as Boyes almost had it off the draw. Not a big deal. Strange that so much focus is being payed on the scrambled draw and not to the Montreal player left all alone in the defensive end. Wonder why that is? :sarcasm:

Mansfield

possession obsession
Apr 4, 2011
Ontario, Canada
good effort. if we can play like that consistently, we'll make real progress.

of course, that kind of sucks, given that tanking is the goal. babcock was a such a strange hire...

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
See my post above.

He had a good game. Is it so inconceivable to you that someone could think that he had a good game but highlight his responsibility when it comes to some negative things that happened on the ice?

Where's the negative? It's hockey. faceoffes you win some you lose some. That's not something to point out as a negative he committed no mistake for a negative to be pronounced.

Your really reaching if your going to make a lost scrummed draw a negative. If your tired of people defending Kadri than try to be at least a little bit transparent and find something that actually is a negative to qualm about.

This is getting ridiculous Pookie your one of the most knowledgeable posters on here and somebody I find the best to debate with when there's a difference of opinion but this bias you have against this kid just because others on here defend him to the death doesn't mean you should swing the pendulum of extreme the other way.

Give it a break will you. A negative for losing a scrummed draw where the puck bounces off a players knee to win the draw for an empty net goal?... are you even listening to yourself right now.

Has The Mentalist high jacked your user name or something... come on man.

hfdshdh

Unregistered Abuser
Jan 11, 2015
Where's the negative? It's hockey. faceoffes you win some you lose some.
If you won 6 out of every 10, you'd be the best faceoff man in the league. A vast majority of the time it's basically a coin flip. I really don't understand how people can put so much stock into that aspect of the game.

I guess it's mostly just agenda-driven bull**** anyway. Oh well.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
good effort. if we can play like that consistently, we'll make real progress.

of course, that kind of sucks, given that tanking is the goal. babcock was a such a strange hire...

It is from a certain standpoint, but they had to get him when he was available.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
good effort. not disappointed at all.

Now that the emotion isn't as present no, it was a very good game on our part. But it the moment, when you're out playing a team(that people think is one of the better in the east) and not being able to get a break through and fine a goal, it's frustrating.

But hey, effort was not the issue tonight like it has been before.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Where's the negative? It's hockey. faceoffes you win some you lose some. That's not something to point out as a negative he committed no mistake for a negative to be pronounced.

Your really reaching if your going to make a lost scrummed draw a negative. If your tired of people defending Kadri than try to be at least a little bit transparent and find something that actually is a negative to qualm about.

This is getting ridiculous Pookie your one of the most knowledgeable posters on here and somebody I find the best to debate with when there's a difference of opinion but this bias you have against this kid just because others on here defend him to the death doesn't mean you should swing the pendulum of extreme the other way.

Give it a break will you. A negative for losing a scrummed draw where the puck bounces off a players knee to win the draw for an empty net goal?... are you even listening to yourself right now.

Has The Mentalist high jacked your user name or something... come on man.

I thought they provided a very fair and thorough analysis, pointing out the good and the bad. People are way too sensitive about this kid. Give it a rest.

As an aside, as hard as i have been on JVR this off season, i thought he looked great tonight.

Auzzie19

Mar 10, 2011
The North
Even if Kadri won that draw, unless the Leafs score in that last minute, Leafs will still lose the game. Leafs were not leading nor was it a tie at that time. Stop making it sounded like Kadri lost the game for the Leafs bc the Leafs were losing at that time.
You could say he should have won.....but he didn't but losing that face off had nothing to do with losing the game. Heck, even if he won that face off, Leafs still needs to score to tie the game.

I don't mean to bag on Bozak, but. Naz was miles better.

0 shots, 0 Attempted Shots, 0 Hits, 0 Blocks, 0 Points, 19:03 Ice time.

Is this guy even skating out there? Or is he gliding around for his shifts.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
I don't mean to bag on Bozak, but.

0 shots, 0 Attempted Shots, 0 Hits, 0 Blocks, 0 Points, 19:03 Ice time.

Is this guy even skating out there? Or is he gliding around for his shifts.

And 39% CF ES. Just awful. Leafs need to dump him for whatever they can ASAP.

Darkside Blue

There/They're/Their
Feb 17, 2014
So what's up with Lupul? Has he lost a step? Is he a bit of a dimwit? He gets a mulligan for last season, but he doesn't seem to have a lot to offer, so far this year.

wmark

Apr 5, 2014
So what's up with Lupul? Has he lost a step? Is he a bit of a dimwit? He gets a mulligan for last season, but he doesn't seem to have a lot to offer, so far this year.

To be fair to Lupul, he is playing with Bozak.

Don't expect much from that line, when Tyler Bozak is your centre. :laugh:

Leafy Undergrowth

Feb 4, 2013
This is kinda what I'm expecting from this year. Good effort, mostly sound play, but without the high end talent to get us our offense. But honestly I wasn't expecting them to play sound hockey this quickly. Hopefully it sticks.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
apparently last season Bernier let in the first shot on goal to Patches too.
so it's like. now a thing.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Ok, but why is Kadri only getting criticized for that?

Because it's the only thing to criticize? Save for that last faceoff he was good on the majority of them, and he was good-great everywhere else tonight. Seriously if you can only isolate one part of the game to make someone look bad you're probably putting too much effort in trying to do so.

Now he did lose and it cost the Leafs possession but hey, the guys still learning. This year is as much a development year for him as it is for our highly touted prospects in the minors (along with Gardiner, JVR, Rielly, and a few others currently on the Leafs). Better he missed the faceoff now than in a crucial game down the road.

He wasn't trusted before with these kinds of situations, now he is. It'll take time for him to get better at it.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Kadri played good, so was JVR. Makes you wonder why RC didn't have those two on a line with Bozak and Phil on the other.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
They have a pretty good foundation. Remember Galchenyuk is still only 21. If he develops into a top line centre and they can find the right mix to surround Galchenyuk/Pacioretty/Subban/Price, they'll be a bigtime threat in the East.

It sucks to admit as a Leafs fan, but it wouldn't be entirely shocking to see the Habs playing in the SCF at some point in the next few years.

They are a mid-level playoff team right now, they do not have a clear #1C and Patches is their only major goal-scorer, the rest are mostly middle-6ers with little finish.

honestly you add a patty kane or Kessel type to that team and it becomes incredibly dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad