Would you be happy if Stan Bowman was hired as Oiler GM? Reinstated by the NHL

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your reaction if Stan Bowman is hired as GM?

• Not Happy

Votes: 60 43.2%
  • He was never convicted of a crime

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Happy

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • He should never work again in the NHL

Votes: 53 38.1%
  • unsure

Votes: 12 8.6%

• Total voters

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Why is this even a thread?

Can we change it to “would you be happy if Cheech Marin was GM”. Same amount of evidence supporting either of those things happening

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
I have almost walked away from this team multiple times, but can’t quite do it. This might, just might push me over the edge. He would have to completely address the Chicago situation, what he did and didn’t do for me to even remotely think this was a good idea.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I have almost walked away from this team multiple times, but can’t quite do it. This might, just might push me over the edge. He would have to completely address the Chicago situation, what he did and didn’t do for me to even remotely think this was a good idea.

Yep. I’m probably cheering for Utah next year if the Oilers sign Bowman. He covered up absolutely horrible things. **** him

Satoru Gojo

Jan 15, 2012
Yeah no this better be made up, just doesn't feel like a JJ hire at all

I think he's most responsible for the coverup that took place

Scandal aside, he's been a shit GM for over a decade now

Don't even start on the media circus this would ensue, all the positive momentum this organization has built would be deflated just like that

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
f*** no. I'd rather have conjoined Chiarelli and Holland together than that piece of shit in Bowman. That f***er should never be allowed to work in the NHL ever again.

Reactions: The Nuge

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I usually say do whatever it takes to win, but think it hits the limit with Bowman. Would be disappointed for sure. And there has to be better people out there. Bowman lost his way in the latter years, kinda like Chia with Boston. Some of these GM's only have a short period of inspiration in their careers and then keep riding the reputation of that for an endless career of weak performance and nice paydays.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Looks like this might have legs.

More concerned with the fact that he wasn't all that good of a GM and the apparent absence of any kind of real GM search(especially if JJ wanted him right from when he was hired last year) than I am the past transgressions(which is a complex topic all of it's own). But man, talk about fully embracing the status of being the villains of the NHL if they do indeed hire him.

Reactions: brentashton

Hockeylife2018

Nov 21, 2011
Nah, if this comes to pass, I expect each and every fan to let it be heard how we feel

Unacceptable from the top down, it shouldn't even be on the radar, and us as admo tonians stand for better then this

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad