World Cup: Four Nations: Team USA

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
What does everyone expect the team to look like?

Keller-Matthews-Matt Tkachuk
Robertson-Eichel-Hughes
Connor-Miller-Brady Tkachuk
Kreider-Trocheck-Larkin
Guentzel

Slavin-Fox
Hughes-McAvoy
Werenski-Faber
Sanderson

Swayman
Hellebuyck
Oettinger

Nucks2001

Jul 6, 2023
I think that's the team, although its likely Boldy makes it. Not sure who the cut would be (Connor?).
likely Connor, Kreider or Trochek. Boldy adds an aspect to the team that it’s missing. Kreider does the same, but is older. Trochek is expendable as a center if you have Larkin on the line already.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
likely Connor, Kreider or Trochek. Boldy adds an aspect to the team that it’s missing. Kreider does the same, but is older. Trochek is expendable as a center if you have Larkin on the line already.
Yeah, I think Kreider is a possible cut and I'm skeptical they take both Trocheck and Larkin. Aren't these expanded rosters though?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
The problem with Boldy is he’s probably top 9 only. Most of those spots are going to be taken. You have to take some guys who can play on the fourth line, in defensive zone situations, and PK. Trocheck is not expendable. He’s the best face off guy in the league, very good defensively, and he’s also like a PPG player right now, so he’s on the team. No questions asked to me.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
The problem with Boldy is he’s probably top 9 only. Most of those spots are going to be taken. You have to take some guys who can play on the fourth line, in defensive zone situations, and PK. Trocheck is not expendable. He’s the best face off guy in the league, very good defensively, and he’s also like a PPG player right now, so he’s on the team. No questions asked to me.
I'd rather have Boldy than Connor (for instance). I think in a vacuum he's better than Keller as well. I agree on Trocheck and believe he's on the team. Not sure if it's at the expense of someone like Larkin though. The U.S. finally has some decisions to make at center.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Nucks2001

Jul 6, 2023
Trochek is expendable when your center core is Matthews, Eichel, Hughes, Miller and Larkin and you’re moving some of those players to the wings. Agree that Trochek should be on the team, but he’s the first to go from the guys mentioned. Especially when you consider that Eichel and Larkin are excellent 2-way forwards and face-off takers in their own right.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
What does everyone expect the team to look like?

Keller-Matthews-Matt Tkachuk
Robertson-Eichel-Hughes
Connor-Miller-Brady Tkachuk
Kreider-Trocheck-Larkin
Guentzel

Slavin-Fox
Hughes-McAvoy
Werenski-Faber
Sanderson

Swayman
Hellebuyck
Oettinger
So funny because on the yzerplan thread on mains there is a big argument that Larkin is as good and maybe better than. Eichel. Eichel at 2C and Larkin moved to bottom line wing.

Anyways . This team is insanely stacked. No real weakness.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Trochek is expendable when your center core is Matthews, Eichel, Hughes, Miller and Larkin and you’re moving some of those players to the wings. Agree that Trochek should be on the team, but he’s the first to go from the guys mentioned. Especially when you consider that Eichel and Larkin are excellent 2-way forwards and face-off takers in their own right.
You realize Eichel is 44.7% for his career, has never hit 50%, and the last three years is right above 45%?

So no, Eichel is not a good face-off guy. I still don't get your point. Do you plan to play Boldy or Connor on the fourth line? Are they going to be on the ice for the defensive zone face-offs?

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
So funny because on the yzerplan thread on mains there is a big argument that Larkin is as good and maybe better than. Eichel. Eichel at 2C and Larkin moved to bottom line wing.

Anyways . This team is insanely stacked. No real weakness.
The issue is that Eichel can not be a bottom line player with how he plays. Larkin can. Larkin is very good though, so it's a good problem to have. I would take Eichel between the two though.

Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad