Worcester Sharks News & Discussion V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Woo Hockey

@WooHockeyNews
Jul 5, 2014
Worcester, MA
woo.hockey
Only real highlight of the night was that I got to meet Jeremy Langlois at 2ovens after the game. Said that he was just getting to walk again and that he was hoping to still be with the team next year when they move to San Jose. Got to chit chat for a few minutes and was a pretty cool experience.

Oh yeah 210, the rest of the team didn't show up there either, 2ovens staff was expecting them. Probably opted for the bar tonight instead.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Only real highlight of the night was that I got to meet Jeremy Langlois at 2ovens after the game. Said that he was just getting to walk again and that he was hoping to still be with the team next year when they move to San Jose. Got to chit chat for a few minutes and was a pretty cool experience.

Oh yeah 210, the rest of the team didn't show up there either, 2ovens staff was expecting them. Probably opted for the bar tonight instead.

With the 3 in 3 I'll be shocked if anyone playing is out late tonight. Plus I'm thinking Roy ripped them a new one after the game so they may not being in the mood to go out anyway.

Woo Hockey

@WooHockeyNews
Jul 5, 2014
Worcester, MA
woo.hockey
With the 3 in 3 I'll be shocked if anyone playing is out late tonight. Plus I'm thinking Roy ripped them a new one after the game so they may not being in the mood to go out anyway.

The returns of Lerg, Fedun, Stollery, and Tierney can't come any sooner. Not having high hopes for tomorrow's game. Getting tired of seeing the same mistakes made by players like Tennyson, seems like every PP we've had recently he's been horrible handling the puck and letting it go right by him.

SJFanQC

Dec 14, 2010
Laval
So what are we expecting the line-up to be for the playoffs? Not necessarily line combinations but the forwards and defensemen group that should play? I see Tierney, Goodrow, Lerg, Fedun, Stollery and Goldobin getting mentions, I was wondering about the rest.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
They're playing 5 games in 7 days this week so hopefully with some rest and some players back, they'll play better.

I don't know much about the strength of the other AHL teams, but would you say Syracuse is the weakest of the top seeds if goal differential is a good indicator? Would getting the 6th seed and facing them be the ideal scenario? The Pens have allowed the fewest goals in the AHL so I'm guessing they have great defense/goaltending and wouldn't be the best matchup. Manchester and Hershey look strong as well.

Woo Hockey

@WooHockeyNews
Jul 5, 2014
Worcester, MA
woo.hockey
So what are we expecting the line-up to be for the playoffs? Not necessarily line combinations but the forwards and defensemen group that should play? I see Tierney, Goodrow, Lerg, Fedun, Stollery and Goldobin getting mentions, I was wondering about the rest.

Forwards
Tierney
Goodrow
Goldobin
Haley
Lerg
Tarasov
Oleksuk
Coetzee
McCarthy*
Trupp
Schwartz
Ciampini
Willows
Bonneau

Defensemen
Taormina
Tennyson
Fedun
Stollery
Demelo
Young
Ryan
Dorherty

Scratches
Emanuelsson (inj)
Langlois (inj)
Parkes (inj)

Not completely sure about McCarthy's situation, left Friday's game with injury and didn't play tonight.

SJFanQC

Dec 14, 2010
Laval
Forwards
Tierney
Goodrow
Goldobin
Haley
Lerg
Tarasov
Oleksuk
Coetzee
McCarthy*
Trupp
Schwartz
Ciampini
Willows
Bonneau

Defensemen
Taormina
Tennyson
Fedun
Stollery
Demelo
Young
Ryan
Dorherty

Scratches
Emanuelsson (inj)
Langlois (inj)
Parkes (inj)

Not completely sure about McCarthy's situation, left Friday's game with injury and didn't play tonight.

Cool, thanks a lot!

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Ballou reporting this morning McCarthy will be out two weeks...WorSharks were very quiet about his shoulder injury, but I was hearing it would be a lot longer than that.

Hopefully the 2 weeks is accurate because he's been fantastic for Worcester!!

It seems that the reinforcements that'll be joining the team by next weekend couldn't come at a better time.

Also, I know Stollery & Fedun both belong in the line up but I'm gonna be annoyed when it's Ryan & DeMelo that get scratched.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
I had fun at the game last night. I mean it sucks that the Sharks lost but I was mostly there to just scout certain players. It's only 1 game so it was hard to really get a read on them especially considering the whole team didn't play well. Here are a few thoughts I had:

Goldobin- you can tell he has the puck skills to be a good player but he definitely isn't as dominant with the puck as I would have expected. He is also very small. I think I saw that he was listed at 175 or 180 but he needs to bulk up before the NHL or he might get killed. He does coast a lot, but I saw some positives in his game last night. Basically I think he is just starting to adjust to the AHL.

Tarasov- looked solid at times and definitely has noticeable puck skills as well. He almost looked like the big brother to Goldy out on the ice.

Ryan- was actually impressed by him. He looks fast and confident with the puck and didn't seem out of place. Would like to see more of his game.

Trupp- don't know much about him but I liked his puck skills. He seemed quick with the puck and his decision making.

I might have to go to a playoff game as well in a couple weeks because I would like to get a longer look at them and I have the feeling last night was just a bad game all around for most of the team.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
San Jose Sharks @SanJoseSharks
#SJSharks reassign @tierney71, @StallsK7, @BLerg11 and @tfedun88 to the @WorcesterSharks.

Again I'm really, really hoping for a Goldobin-Tierney-Tarasov line next weekend.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
I'm actually impressed with our defensive depth. Im even almost sold on irwin as a full time bottom pairing d man. Get Tennyson up full time and cycle in the rest of the guys throughout the year like stollery and Fedun and I think we will see an improved defensive showing next year.

On the forward side, tierney getting some playoff experience as the go to guy won't hurt one bit. I actually see him ahead of hertl in our center chart but once hertl gets in there as C full time that won't last long.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Not a great weekend of hockey from Worcester.

They looked all out of sorts today and neither Goldobin or Goodrow looked good at all. I really think that if they want to get the best out of Goodrow he's going to have to be used in an 'energy' role, he's pretty good about getting in on the forecheck, he's responsible but there's not a lot of talent there and he shouldn't really be counted on in a scoring role.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
As I tweeted earlier, Goodrow is terrible. I have no idea how he lasted on the NHL roster as long as he did.

He was a 4th liner here and there wasn't much expected out of him. lol I think it helped that Desi looked horrible on the same line and the other guy was generally someone like Scott or Brown.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad