Winnipeg Jets are tied for the 11th longest winning streak (reg season) of all time

BB79

Partially deceased
Apr 30, 2011
Is this a thing that the league/statisticians keep track of? It's a nice stat but I've never been a fan of "bridge" streaks, winning or losing. New season, new streak. What happened last season is part of last season's record. I just consider them to have a 5 game winning streak.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Is this a thing that the league/statisticians keep track of? It's a nice stat but I've never been a fan of "bridge" streaks, winning or losing. New season, new streak. What happened last season is part of last season's record. I just consider them to have a 5 game winning streak.
Well, no matter how you view it, they have won 13 regular season games in a row.

Nikki Potnick

Aug 26, 2020
Where the sun don't shine

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Lots of teams have huge streaks if you ignore the losses in-between....
That's kind of the point. They haven't had any regular season losses in between.

1729618048164.png

I don't respect streaks that cover 2 different seasons.

And it's not tied for 8th according to your link, it's tied for 11th.

You're right, 11th. Maybe a mod can edit.

Reactions: SwissLeaf

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
11th longest? AND over 2 seasons??? One of the most useless stats I’ve ever heard I think

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Do people really need to shit on great players that have bad playoffs in every thread with "buuuut the playoffs"? I see this with Panarin. Can't say anything good about him without "buuuut the playoffs".

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
Mixing the legendary streaks of the '93 Penguins and the '82 Islanders with weak-sauce streaks from the "no-ties" era of today is a bit disingenuous. Before 2006, the majority of games that went in OT ended up in ties, with no winners. That significantly affects the odds of going on a long streak.

For instance, the Oilers have the second biggest winning streak with 16 wins but in reality, it's a 3-game winning streak. The 4th game would have been a tie under the old rules and was won in a shootout.

That 17 streak by the Penguins in 93 is insane. It just highlights how much that team was stacked. It looks like someone's messing around on the playstation. AND it was coached by the best of all times as well, Scotty Bowman.

Reactions: RestlessYoungZero

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad