Proposal: Winnipeg - Dallas

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
There's no more cap I guess? Stafford alone = Eakin+most of our remaining space

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
To Dallas Stars:

Jacob Trouba (D)
Drew Stafford (RW)
Alex Burmistrov (C/LW)

To Winnipeg Jets

Julius Honka (D)
Cody Eakin (C)
2017 2nd round pick

Where does Dallas come up with the cap space for Stafford and Trouba on this trade. Eakin makes a little. And Stafford at $4.35 million and Trouba around $5.5 million per Dallas doesn't have the cap space for both Trouba and Stafford their salary cap space is only would $1.8 million. Not enough going out.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
If I'm Dallas, I pass. Stafford is a 3rd liner, and Burmistrov is crap. I'd rather just wait for Honka to develop. At the rate he's playing, it won't be long until he's on the Stars roster.

Last edited:

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
There's no more cap I guess? Stafford alone = Eakin+most of our remaining space

I wonder if Sharp would waive to go to Winnipeg. Sharp + Honka for Trouba make any sense for you guys? Jets then flip Stafford at the deadline anyways.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Salary part aside, would Trouba wanna come here? Klingberg is our top RHD. Then there's Johns, but id take Trouba ahead of him for our 2 RHD

Trouba wouldn't be bad, but might regret trading Honka to a division rival also

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Salary part aside, would Trouba wanna come here? Klingberg is our top RHD. Then there's Johns, but id take Trouba ahead of him for our 2 RHD

Trouba wouldn't be bad, but might regret trading Honka to a division rival also

Other than the belief that he doesn't want to play in Canada, I couldn't tell you if he'd want to play for Dallas.

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
Other than the belief that he doesn't want to play in Canada, I couldn't tell you if he'd want to play for Dallas.

Strange there is also a complaint on Jacobs Trouba APP site and it says:

App wont work in Canada anymore Loved this app but it stopped working in October. Initially I thought it just wouldnt work in Winnipeg but now realize it wont work in Canada. I wanted to love this app very much but it seems to require alot of attention and is quite needy. Other apps you pay them, they work and theres no extra fuss. When Im using the app and I move it from my right to left hand it makes a strange whining sound

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Pixofactor.JacobTrouba

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg

If Dallas had a spot open for the top pairing on the right side, I'm sure he would be. He seems to just want to be ensured he'll have the top right side spot.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Strange there is also a complaint on Jacobs Trouba APP site and it says:

App wont work in Canada anymore Loved this app but it stopped working in October. Initially I thought it just wouldnt work in Winnipeg but now realize it wont work in Canada. I wanted to love this app very much but it seems to require alot of attention and is quite needy. Other apps you pay them, they work and theres no extra fuss. When Im using the app and I move it from my right to left hand it makes a strange whining sound

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Pixofactor.JacobTrouba

lol, Trouba has an app about himself?

DALLAS90

Aug 22, 2016
DAL isn't gunna trade Honka I juss can't see it happening.

DAL: Trouba
WPG: Eakin, Nemeth, 1st or 2nd Round 2017

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Horrible for the Jets. Honka is a nice prospect but he's not going to be close to enough for Trouba. I also doubt that Chevy will want to help out a division rival.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
I don't know enough about Honka to really gauge the value coming back to WPG. My initial thought was **** no. After seeing some Stars fans reactions, I'm going to go with a hard Meh no thanks. I'd like to see Stafford rebound after coming back from Injury and hopefully play up his value leading up to the trade deadline. He's a 20G guy and that has value regardless of personal opinions of him. As for Trouba, we'll soon know how this plays out - hopefully.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
DAL isn't gunna trade Honka I juss can't see it happening.

DAL: Trouba
WPG: Eakin, Nemeth, 1st or 2nd Round 2017

Man Honka is good but he is realistically the price it would cost to get Trouba. Your offer is laughable with the 1st and downright embarrassing if it was a 2nd instead and this is coming from a Stars fan

Crocoduck

Mar 3, 2013
Peterborough, Ont.
I personally don't want Trouba. He wants to be guaranteed first pairing RD, which he's not going to take from Klingberg. Also, If the Stars are going to take a run at Bishop, on top of the Seguin extension, I'd rather not have them spend 5-6M on him. Honka is developing well and is expansion draft exempt. I see no need in persuing Trouba and taking on the others in this proposal.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
I personally don't want Trouba. He wants to be guaranteed first pairing RD, which he's not going to take from Klingberg. Also, If the Stars are going to take a run at Bishop, on top of the Seguin extension, I'd rather not have them spend 5-6M on him. Honka is developing well and is expansion draft exempt. I see no need in persuing Trouba and taking on the others in this proposal.

He wants top 4 minutes and is real good. We could give him top 4 RHD minutes easily Iif we had the pieces for him I would be all over that trade

Crocoduck

Mar 3, 2013
Peterborough, Ont.
He wants top 4 minutes and is real good. We could give him top 4 RHD minutes easily Iif we had the pieces for him I would be all over that trade

I'm not saying he's not a good player, We just don't really need more right handed D once Honka makes the jump. His (and the other young guys) ELC's will be vital in maintaining the cap over the next few years. I'd be more interested in a mid twenties top 4 LD to replace Oduya when his contracts up.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Trouba is commanding too money for my taste . Rather have Honka on his ELC plus i'm not that sold on Trouba.

If Trouba was a LHD id probably do it even if i'm not a big Trouba fan. Since he's not i'd pass .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad