OT: Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2024 Season Thread (7-6) - No notes needed. - Next at EDM Sept 21 600pm

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Watch tre ford lead them to five straight wins...
I've been saying since the off-season, I think EDM is very close to competitive. But they need to use Tre Ford. Signing a 37 year old garbage time yard collector was a BAD move.

Chris Jones hatred of Tre Ford is the biggest reason he's currently unemployed, IMO.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights

Hardrick likely done for the season.

Well that's a break for the Bombers. But when you have the likes of Thomas, Bighill and Krapdi lining up for the majority of the defensive snaps, there still might be a good possibility that the Riders come away with 150 plus yards on the ground as long as they stick with the run...and the Bombers don't get nearly as much pressure on the QB as we would hope as well.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Weird how Holm escapes criticism and Bighill is getting piled on... Holm/Alexander is our biggest issue then kramdi then Thomas imo

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Weird how Holm escapes criticism and Bighill is getting piled on... Holm/Alexander is our biggest issue then kramdi then Thomas imo
So IMO on D our issues are...
1) Our biggest weakness on D is Kramdi at SLB. He cant play coverage.
2) I would say a lack of pass rush opposite Willie so far this year whether it's been Fayad, Adams, Hubert or anyone else we started so far at DE on the other side. Hubert been ok in a rotational role, he got exposed in an expanded role against Calgary.
3) Miscommunication at DB. Bonds in particular has struggled at this, to be fair the game he got roasted the most he was paired with fellow rookie Marquise Bridges on the boundary side who REALLY struggled, but in the Calgary game at least twice I saw Bonds drop into a zone when the other 5 DBs went off in man to man which allowed big Calgary completions. Alexander you can tell has lost a step though for sure.

Holm, Thomas, Bighill aren't even on the radar for me...

Benny27

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
Hopefully TyJuan Garbutt can take that DE spot and run with it. They definitely need some continuity on that side, Willie can only do so much on his own.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Hopefully TyJuan Garbutt can take that DE spot and run with it. They definitely need some continuity on that side, Willie can only do so much on his own.
That's what the Bombers are hoping, but Garbutt has never popped off the page for me. Yes very limited viewings as he played 1 meaningless game last year plus played in pre-season a bit this year. But I haven't seen much.

Haba on the hand shows out very impressively every time he dresses, IMO. Unfortunately he seems to be like Jeffcoat in that he just can't stay healthy.

So let's cross our fingers and hope the Bombers are right about Garbutt. Cause I would have kept Chauncey Rivers on the roster over him based on what I saw in pre-season. So we'll see.

Fix the pass rush and I actually really like our D. I think they've played fairly well overall and have been put into some pretty terrible situations by a struggling O. Yes the BC game wasn't great, but VA threw like 70-80%of his passes at injury replacement Marquise Bridges and rookie Terrell Bonds on the boundary or at Kramdi and had most his success there. The 2nd Calgary game wasn't good either, with a few broken coverages and some sloppy play, but man that game was just an exercise in ridiculousness in so many ways I'm not really concerned about patterns. Which is also why I'm still concerned about the O as I don't see much repeatable about that game haha.

Last edited:

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
1721343029235.png

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Really don't understand cutting fayad just to add another ST/LB...
Osh always seems to have a few head scratching roster moves and picks each year, don't forget he rostered a ex Navy Seal all last year who did sweet piss all. He also continues to employ the worst punter in the league

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
So IMO on D our issues are...
1) Our biggest weakness on D is Kramdi at SLB. He cant play coverage.
2) I would say a lack of pass rush opposite Willie so far this year whether it's been Fayad, Adams, Hubert or anyone else we started so far at DE on the other side. Hubert been ok in a rotational role, he got exposed in an expanded role against Calgary.
3) Miscommunication at DB. Bonds in particular has struggled at this, to be fair the game he got roasted the most he was paired with fellow rookie Marquise Bridges on the boundary side who REALLY struggled, but in the Calgary game at least twice I saw Bonds drop into a zone when the other 5 DBs went off in man to man which allowed big Calgary completions. Alexander you can tell has lost a step though for sure.

Holm, Thomas, Bighill aren't even on the radar for me...
I beg to differ regarding Bighill. I have been watching him closely all season. Sure he has got veteran leadership skills but he gets pushed around a lot, whiffs on tackles and, while he knows what to do when he drops into pass coverage, like Kramdi, he doesn't have the speed/quickness to keep up. I notice that Tony Jones (seven years younger than Bighill) has been rostered to back up at MLB. It will be interesting as to how he's utilized on Friday. Sometimes athletes just don't know when to retire. (Doesn't Bighill have a good position with a wealth management company here?) Of course, this is just my opinion.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Not gonna lie, I'm putting alot of importance on this game tonight. To me this game decides the course of the season. Sask is missing their starting QB and best OL. It should be feast time.

Win: We start to move past the awful start. 3-4 just 1 win back of 2nd place. 2 games left against both Sask and BC. Opportunity to control their own fate to win the division. Team is on the upswing and should get back to normal soon.

Lose: Time to radically re-define expectations. At 2-5 and unable to beat a very short handed Sask team, this team is just not who we thought they were. It's gonna be battle to get into playoffs, and we'll just have to hope for a hot streak to make a run if we manage to claw our way into the playoffs.

Just my opinion, but this a huge game to me.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Not gonna lie, I'm putting alot of importance on this game tonight. To me this game decides the course of the season. Sask is missing their starting QB and best OL. It should be feast time.

Win: We start to move past the awful start. 3-4 just 1 win back of 2nd place. 2 games left against both Sask and BC. Opportunity to control their own fate to win the division. Team is on the upswing and should get back to normal soon.

Lose: Time to radically re-define expectations. At 2-5 and unable to beat a very short handed Sask team, this team is just not who we thought they were. It's gonna be battle to get into playoffs, and we'll just have to hope for a hot streak to make a run if we manage to claw our way into the playoffs.

I agree. I’m actually a bit surprised most of the analysts seem to be favouring us.

Make no mistake, I believe Sask is fraudulent, but they always play us tough at home and the Bombers have not looked dominant at all this year.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Still really like Corey Mace D - collaros can't force throws into coverage today.. OL needs to show they are gelling - want 20 touches for BO

Think it will be a close game actually... hopefully our DEs can feast but younger is not creative.. think they will try to get ouelette sone early success and that will define the game

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian

Also agree - this game is pivotal.

SSCBLUEJET

Jul 23, 2022
Did I just hear those banjo pickin inbreds boo our national anthem?!!
I hope the Bombers kick the shit out of them tonight.
Go Blue !!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad