Confirmed with Link: Wings Protected List

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
I'd probably have protected Stetcher over Lindstrom, but I will say that I have Lindstrom ahead of Cholowski personally.

Regardless, I'm just not going to lose sleep over any of this. One small silver lining of being a bad team is that the expansion draft isn't a big hindrance.

Edit: for the sake of Cholowski's career I'd actually like to see him get taken and have a fresh start in Seattle. That said it looks like Seattle has some pretty good blueliners to choose from, so I kind of doubt it.

Personally I'd kind of like to see Namestikov taken, as I'd like to keep Stetcher around and that might force us to give guys like Veleno and even maybe Pearson an opportunity.

Last edited:

Christoph53

Jan 28, 2021
Happy with that.

I think Lindstrom has a bigger chance of being a contributing part of the team in the future than Stetcher and Cholo.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I think it'll be cholo or svech as Seattle are going to need some near league min guys if they want to some of the bigger contracts.

Curious to see if they take Price. Is Quick still a capable starter?

ShippinItDaily

Apr 28, 2004
Saskatoon
I like this list. Protecting Stetcher and getting a 2nd round pick in-season seems like very wishful thinking to me. Teams aren't eager to add small defenders that don't move the puck well for a playoff run.

I wouldn't split hairs with anyone that wanted to protect Svechnikov over Smith, I just don't think Svechnikov has much of a future here. I wish him luck if Seattle claims him.

Ishad

Jun 2, 2010
If it’s one of cholo/stretcher is out and we fill the gap with one of oleksaik/Dunn it will be a pretty good off-season.

Zetterbeer

Aug 4, 2018
Ontario

Jake Bean immediately comes to mind. I wonder how much Carolina is willing to give up to avoid losing him.

I would assume Yzerman would have fielded a call about him, I don't see many scenarios where he comes in around the same asking price as Leddy and we don't make the deal for Bean instead.

DonkeyOT

Jul 18, 2021
Hronek/Seider/Lindstrom on the right side sounds good to me. Glad we protected Smith, we need to keep some grit with all the young guys coming in and he has skill to go with it.
Especially with Seider's hits likely to inflame passions from the opposition on occasion.

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
Perfect list, I'd have chosen the same.

Prior to the Leddy trade, I'd have picked Cholo to be protected, but would much rather have Leddy in the org anyway, so upgrade there.

Don't like Stecher's game and really can't stand Cholo's game, won't miss either. Lindstrom is more valuable than both. Svechnikov won't be picked and while I still think he has no real future in the NHL, with Panik out of the way he may have a renewed lane to a roster spot.

Reactions: Go Wings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad