News Article: "Wings must go all in for Draisaitl"

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Reactions: Snuggs

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Ilitch would never let Yzerman make that kind of trade or sign that kind of contract.

While it would immediately fix our C issues, it would take a lot more than a first and a bunch of middle-of-the-roster prospects.

Edmonton needs to win now. To get Draisaitl the trade would look more like Seider + our next two firsts.

JohanFranzenstein

Dec 6, 2013
Salivating at the thought of a 100+ point player on the Wings, but it would definitely cost Mo or Ed++ to start. Oilers biggest need is defense and goaltending.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Then the Oil either aren't trading him or we've greatly overrated Seider. The Oil are not going to get anything close to comparable value for Draisaitl or McDavid. The value is in the cheaper assets and roster space.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Michael Brandsegg-Nygard or Bust.
May 11, 2023
Salivating at the thought of a 100+ point player on the Wings, but it would definitely cost Mo or Ed++ to start. Oilers biggest need is defense and goaltending.
Ed, '24 1st, '25 1st, *, and then pick of the goalies if they choose.

* is any player not named Seider, Raymond, or Larkin.

There is a LOT I'd pay for Draisaitl. but I don't see the value in doing it for Detroit if our 1D, 1W, or 1C go the other way. If that offer gets beat, it gets beat. I'm willing to have that * be something pretty damn huge though.

better Red than Dead

Apr 23, 2021
I’m not sure if this is the move but I guarantee Yzerman doesn’t make the moves he did yesterday to just bring back the same team and roll it forward again. No way

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Nah I don’t wanna gut our future for him. As good as he is I’ll pass. FA is next summer for him. If he wants to be here he can come then.
We always say that to make ourselves feel better about how we operate, but the fact is that traded players rarely don't resign with their team. If Draisaitl gets moved he likely resigns wherever he ends up.

If we could get it done for 24 and 25 1sts, Edvinsson, and Berggen, and Draisaitl extends at 11 million, I would take it. I don't think Edmonton would.

Some team that is planning on picking in the high 20s for the next three years will offer three firsts and a decent roster player for him.

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
We always say that to make ourselves feel better about how we operate, but the fact is that traded players rarely don't resign with their team. If Draisaitl gets moved he likely resigns wherever he ends up.
I just don’t think he’d be worth what it takes to get him. If we are trading futures sure, but gutting our prospect pool isn’t too appetizing to me.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Even if Edmonton announced publicly that they guaranteed they would deal Draisaitl prior to training camp...

...what on earth would Detroit be willing to part with that the Oilers would actually want?

They came within one goal of winning the Stanley Cup. They would be insane to consider anything other than premium assets that help them win right now, and it's not like the Wings would consider Seider and Raymond both going the other way.

Reactions: Michael Brand Eggs

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Seider for Draisitl strate . Finally we get 1-2 center punch. Oilers finally get true # 1 defansman. We going to be very aggressive at drafting top 4 defansman after that. ASP, Edvinsson already in the system

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
two 1st round picks
a good but not great roster player
a good but not bluechip prospect

Debrincat, Kaspar, 2024 1st, 2026 1st
If you were Edmonton would you take this? I wouldn't....

Nah I don’t wanna gut our future for him. As good as he is I’ll pass. FA is next summer for him. If he wants to be here he can come then.
The only way we trade for him is obviously with an extension in place. Like Trouba to NYR type of situation...

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
There is no chance this would happen because the Oilers would not want any futures - they need to win with McDavid. It would take Raymond ++.

Reactions: lilidk

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Even if Edmonton announced publicly that they guaranteed they would deal Draisaitl prior to training camp...

...what on earth would Detroit be willing to part with that the Oilers would actually want?

They came within one goal of winning the Stanley Cup. They would be insane to consider anything other than premium assets that help them win right now, and it's not like the Wings would consider Seider and Raymond both going the other way.
Seider and Raymond for Mcdavid maybe, but not for Dri

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
There is no chance this would happen because the Oilers would not want any futures - they need to win with McDavid. It would take Raymond ++.
That's what I'm thinking. Raymond would have to be sent back. They would crucify Holland if he only got futures and prospects back.

two 1st round picks
a good but not great roster player
a good but not bluechip prospect

Debrincat, Kaspar, 2024 1st, 2026 1st
I would love this but I doubt DeBrincat would wave his NTC to go back to Canada which it is reported he doesn't like even to play with McJesus...

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
AFAIK Holland is pretty much out in Edmonton so I don't think he would be pulling the trigger.
Doubt Holland is gone after losing SCF game 7 by one goal on the road to a team that was in the SCF the year before and I'm not a Kenny fan...

Also Cossa woukd need to be dealt as well. Oilers were really high on him
Flip a coin and get him or Augustine.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
If you were Edmonton would you take this? I wouldn't....

The only way we trade for him is obviously with an extension in place. Like Trouba to NYR type of situation...

I'm not sure I'd deal Draisaitl, but if he's being dealt he's not getting a package that is of equal value to what he brings. If they want a better player, they aren't getting all of the ++ people want to add on. It'll be something more like the Huberdeau/Tkachuk deal.

But if they take a package built along the lines I suggest, they get a guy who replaces a big chunk of Draisaitl's offense, they get a prospect who can jump in and provide cost controlled depth...and they can turn those two picks around in trades to bring in other help.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad