Windsor Spitfires 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario

Yep, during preseason, I didn't see enough from Lemieux and thought he'd benefit from some time in LaSalle. Last night, he showed what he can do, which was vastly different than preseason. It was night-and-day and I'm proud of the kid for finding that extra gear. Let's hope it continues.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Yep, during preseason, I didn't see enough from Lemieux and thought he'd benefit from some time in LaSalle. Last night, he showed what he can do, which was vastly different than preseason. It was night-and-day and I'm proud of the kid for finding that extra gear. Let's hope it continues.
Could change mind again next week...

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
What’s the deal with this new commissioner? We going to get some fighting restrictions lifted? Because if Saginaw and Kitchener games say anything… we’re already running low on chances to drop the mitts. Lol.

Not that this needs to be a fighting game, but I feel 5 go’s in 68 games is fitting for some guys, especially with the helmet-on rule.

Otherwise the whacks start to get excessive. I’d much rather see guys go, then guys start hacking away on NHL prospects, with mid-level officiating that may ‘miss’ a two hander across the wrists
London bringing in the Boulton brothers who weren't out there to play hockey is the reason for this lol. Feels like every team in West brought in a tough guy, or two.

Flint plays aggressive & mean. Windsor is huge. Sarnia wants to play with snarl. London always does. Kitchener brought in big guys because they got bullied last yr. Erie brought in a tough guy. Owen Sound always plays gritty in their barn.

Been a ton of fights already. I'll say I enjoy it because it makes games that are a bit boring more entertaining but it also worsens the talent pool having goons on everyone's 4th lines & it creates what happened in ur game yesterday where it's just utter chaos.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Who's the Erie tough guy? Da Silva?

I don't mind having one or two guys who can throw with anyone, as long as they're disciplined. Windsor's got Martin, Gaymes (who can actually score), and Winegard (who's on the bubble), any of which I'm okay with. Last night's game was a combination of a lopsided score and a team standing up for each other.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019

I don't mind having one or two guys who can throw with anyone, as long as they're disciplined. Windsor's got Martin, Gaymes (who can actually score), and Winegard (who's on the bubble), any of which I'm okay with. Last night's game was a combination of a lopsided score and a team standing up for each other.
Yah within 10 minutes he was ejected in their opener lol.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015

Those 3 disciplined?

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
So what you're telling me is there isn't a correlation to exhibition and regular season.

Reactions: rve24 and windsor7

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
So what you're telling me is there isn't a correlation to exhibition and regular season.

No, I'm telling you I didn't see enough in preseason to think he warranted a spot but he showed far better last night and impressed me.

Yah within 10 minutes he was ejected in their opener lol.

A slewfoot is a helluva intro lol but I don't blame them for bringing him in. This conference almost needs it.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
No, I'm telling you I didn't see enough in preseason to think he warranted a spot but he showed far better last night and impressed me.

A slewfoot is a helluva intro lol but I don't blame them for bringing him in. This conference almost needs it.
Why?

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Pretty good way to start the season! Lots of positives. Lets keep it reigned in tho, still many players coming back from camps and injury/sickness. Team is certainly going to attract more attn from other teams. Dont appear to be an easy mark any longer.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
London bringing in the Boulton brothers who weren't out there to play hockey is the reason for this lol. Feels like every team in West brought in a tough guy, or two.

Flint plays aggressive & mean. Windsor is huge. Sarnia wants to play with snarl. London always does. Kitchener brought in big guys because they got bullied last yr. Erie brought in a tough guy. Owen Sound always plays gritty in their barn.

Been a ton of fights already. I'll say I enjoy it because it makes games that are a bit boring more entertaining but it also worsens the talent pool having goons on everyone's 4th lines & it creates what happened in ur game yesterday where it's just utter chaos.
So funny to see London in everyone's head lol.
Are you saying it's a case of follow the leader ;)

Oh wait this the Spits board....Bilke was coincidentally a huge reason the fight limit got lowered as far as it did. Fought more than Boltons together x 10 lol. And was a fan favourite for many.

Reactions: All the Answers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad