Windsor Spitfires 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Could be a bold prediction, but I think Belchetz is going to really push Mckenna next year for the first overall pick in the 2025 draft. Kid is an absolute stud.

Nesbitt with the GWG in OT. 5-4 final.

Not a huge fan of the 4 GA but the two points are nice. Costanzo played well and the goals weren't all on him by any stretch.

3/5 on the PP, 2/4 on the PK.

Cristoforo 1g 2a, Abraham 1g1a, Nesbitt 1g1a, Belchetz 2a. Nice debut!

Tighten up the D a bit and get ready for Sarnia on Friday.
Where do you predict Nesbitt goes in the draft? I know it’s wildly early, but I think he has a chance to go late first round. Easy 2nd round pick in my eyes as of now at least.

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
Could be a bold prediction, but I think Belchetz is going to really push Mckenna next year for the first overall pick in the 2025 draft. Kid is an absolute stud.

Where do you predict Nesbitt goes in the draft? I know it’s wildly early, but I think he has a chance to go late first round. Easy 2nd round pick in my eyes as of now at least.
Great game last night, and not sure on the depth of the draft but if it’s anything like this year, I’d imagine 3rd/4th. Kinda around the same spot Spellacy went.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario

It's tough to say. Right now, if I'm comparing him to Greentree and Spellacy, he's late second round or early third round, maybe. If he can have the true breakout season we're all hoping for, then he could break into the early second round or even sniff the first round.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
It's tough to say. Right now, if I'm comparing him to Greentree and Spellacy, he's late second round or early third round, maybe. If he can have the true breakout season we're all hoping for, then he could break into the early second round or even sniff the first round.
Yeah fair enough, don’t disagree. I just think he could have a similar type of season to a Cole Beaudoin last year and sneak into the late first. Big C with some offensive upside and a physical game is always sought after. If he can produce 50-60 points I think he jumps up teams lists. Really like his overall game.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I think Mckenna is in a class of his own. No offence to guys like roobroeck and Belchetz. I think belchetz can go 2 though over roobroeck if roobroeck doesn’t seriously break out this year like 70-80 points.
Hard to say now but if he keeps this up- going to say late 2nd early 3rd. If he falls off 4th round like Miedema

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Anyone else see Spellacy run at Lucas Raymond and then was run at by Larkin last night head shot and bounced right back up. if Spellacy brings that to the ohl thus year there will be a lot of white towels waived by the other teams. Watch the replays.
As long as it's clean.
Ohl doesn't do big hits even if clean..

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
True. The hits were questionable from both sides in that incident but Spellacy wasn't backing down from it either. Pure speed wrecking ball.
I hope he continues to use his size but after a serious knee injury the biggest thing to learn is how to pick your spots. I am good with the effort but things like this is putting himself in harms way which doesn't help anyone.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Yeah you’re likely correct, Mckenna is pretty much a generational talent, barring something drastic he’ll go 1OA. Do you think Rick Nash, or Jamie Benn is a fair comparable for Belchetz? Yeah the battle between him and Roobroeck should be fun to watch.
I think Mckenna is in a class of his own. No offence to guys like roobroeck and Belchetz. I think belchetz can go 2 though over roobroeck if roobroeck doesn’t seriously break out this year like 70-80 points.

Hard to say now but if he keeps this up- going to say late 2nd early 3rd. If he falls off 4th round like Miedema
likelu

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

Guys like Valentini and Berchild will have a say as well. Probably not above McKenna though.

Reactions: frontsfan67

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Guys like Valentini and Berchild will have a say as well. Probably not above McKenna though.
Could say that about a lot of guys. Mathis Preston too and viggo bjorck, daxon Rudolph, Joe Iginla. List goes on and on and on.

2026 will be the most stacked since 2016 I think

Bourne

Nov 24, 2022
So who's wearing our letters this season?

C - Greentree
A - Abraham
A - Spellacy
A - Mathurin
A - Cristoforo

Does this look accurate? Missed the first game so I don't know who was wearing letters then.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario

C - Greentree
A - Abraham
A - Spellacy
A - Mathurin
A - Cristoforo

Does this look accurate? Missed the first game so I don't know who was wearing letters then.

It's pretty close, yeah. I wouldn't be shocked if Morneau is in there somewhere.

BTW, sounds like Greenwell has been sent to the Quebec Remparts.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Spits at Sarnia
Froggett starts
Add Greentree and Woodall
Delete Manzo and Stewart
Greentree plays with Belchetz and Nesbitt
Abraham with Garden and Davis
Morneau,Lemieux and Outwater
Martin Gaymes

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015

C - Greentree
A - Abraham
A - Spellacy
A - Mathurin
A - Cristoforo

No A for Christoforo

SpitfireHabs1

Dec 3, 2021
Southern Ontario
Froggett starting tonight or tomorrow? Excited to see him challenge Costanzo for the number 1.

Belchetz looked impressive, excited to hopefully see him become a superstar in this league and potentially an early 1st round pick next years draft.

Hell of a first game all things considered with solid players out and first gsme jitters. Need to tighten up on Defense but im not too worried that Walters will preach and get these guys playing good two-way hockey.

Sarnia should be a good game tonight. Always a battle against the Sting. Hope to see another Physical game and improved two way game. Hope to see Greentree improve even more on last season and take another step.

Go Spits Go!!!!👍

Reactions: ohloutsider

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad