Windsor Spitfires 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 6)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Onuska great game. 43 takes his man in OT, maybe the game extends. Great pushback in a game where they were clearly on the outside looking in after 40. Spits better bring that 3rd period to their next 2 games

Onusku needs that 4th goal back. However he played well with very little help from defense

Reactions: Earlofpoundcake

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Onuska faced way more glorious scoring chances than Brochu. Props in my book. Keeps playing like that goaltending is not an issue

He is too inconsistent, out of 10 starts 4 times his goals against average over 4.00,3 of his last 6 and 2 of his last 3.
Last night had some good moments,cant and wont fault him on the OT winner,however London's 1st and 4th goals were weak,should have been stopped.
His goals against average is climbing and his save percentage lowering last 3 games has given up 11 goals,almost 3.70 will not cut it.
Said before will say it again, would be the perfect backup this year along side Medina,very concerned moving forward.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
About the game ,nice comeback after being down 3 zip in the 3rd,then after allowing a bad goal,down 4-3 and coming back to tie 4-4 before losing in OT.
Impressive scoring depth,top 5 goal scorers on team didnt score a goal,only 1 of 5 got a point, the 5th highest goal scorer D'amico did draw an assist,the others Johnston, Cuylle Maggio, and Zito pointless,Evangelista for London pointless and a minus too.
Pretty goals by Abraham, Peer,Currie and Maillet.
Solid PK on the night 5 for 5.
Hard to believe Evangelista didn't get called for goalie interference in the OT,nice hometown call,typical London bias,in a 5-4 game all 3 stars given to London players,shocking , not.
As for tonight I would go with Downey he is 1-1 against,lost 4-3 earlier in season,3 of the 4 goals were PP goals,won 4-3 in OT just prior to Christmas break.
Onuska started his journey here playing at the Sault,his 1st game allowed 3 goals in 16 minutes, 11.56 goals against average,got bailed out by Medina,who allowed 1 the rest of the way in a 10-4 win.
Medina btw undefeated vs the Soo this year 3-0.
Would not make any lineup changes for tonight,all those who dressed last night dress tonight,same lines used in the 3rd.

Last edited:

FireBall959

Apr 11, 2015
He is too inconsistent, out of 10 starts 4 times his goals against average over 4.00,3 of his last 6 and 2 of his last 3.
Last night had some good moments,cant and wont fault him on the OT winner,however London's 1st and 4th goals were weak,should have been stopped.
His goals against average is climbing and his save percentage lowering last 3 games has given up 11 goals,almost 3.70 will not cut it.
Said before will say it again, would be the perfect backup this year along side Medina,very concerned moving forward.
Your bias is definitely showing on this one. Yes he has been inconsistent but saying he should be backup to X is just wrong. For whatever reason Medina has seemed disinterested since the first game. It's a shame as I think we all had high hopes on him coming in but it just hasn't been. Potentially I agree with your statement, but performance says otherwise. X let in too many easy goals, and didn't seem to care, you could see it in his body language and that in the body language of his teammates. The team reacts differently towards Onuska. Seems irrelevant now as seems Medina and team may have made the starter decision a non-topic. It's a bit sad and really hurts us going forward. Another thing team addresses way to late.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Oh me oh my Onuska isn't capable of being a #1 but Medina who gave up a converted TD to Guelph a week ago should be?? I think enough can be drawn from this that Medina isn't "sick." As well this isn't the first issue with Medina and Bowler wanted to roll the dice by just getting depth with Onuska and hope things work out with Medina?? Bowler is to blame for this as much as Medina.

As for the game nice to get a point after not showing up for 40 minutes. They need to play with that much desperation in the 3rd as they do coming out of the gates. Onuska was real good and as much as they got 4 in the 3rd the Spits still gave up glorious chances to London. They just can't trade chances like that in games that matter more. Also where was Henault on the GWG in OT??? Giving the guy 15-20 feet of space to fire a shot. Maybe Henault was playing zone defense 3 on 3.... They really need to start chipping into that deficit against Flint all they have really done is tread water they need to find a way to get 2 wins this week.

FireBall959

Apr 11, 2015
Would not make any lineup changes for tonight,all those who dressed last night dress tonight,same lines used in the 3rd.
What are the odds of that happening lol. The fact that at this stage of the season we're still searching for line combos shows for whatever reasons this team has not put all the pieces together. Reminds me of the 2017 team in a way. Let's hope they can put it together when it counts.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
What are the odds of that happening lol. The fact that at this stage of the season we're still searching for line combos shows for whatever reasons this team has not put all the pieces together. Reminds me of the 2017 team in a way. Let's hope they can put it together when it counts.

London healthy scratches 2 NHL draft picks and here we are figuring out if the Spits should slide in a guy here or there to take up a 7th D or 11th/12th F. If things fall like a house of cards because of the goaltending issue then it really wasn't a well built roster to begin with.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Oh me oh my Onuska isn't capable of being a #1 but Medina who gave up a converted TD to Guelph a week ago should be?? I think enough can be drawn from this that Medina isn't "sick." As well this isn't the first issue with Medina and Bowler wanted to roll the dice by just getting depth with Onuska and hope things work out with Medina?? Bowler is to blame for this as much as Medina.

As for the game nice to get a point after not showing up for 40 minutes. They need to play with that much desperation in the 3rd as they do coming out of the gates. Onuska was real good and as much as they got 4 in the 3rd the Spits still gave up glorious chances to London. They just can't trade chances like that in games that matter more. Also where was Henault on the GWG in OT??? Giving the guy 15-20 feet of space to fire a shot. Maybe Henault was playing zone defense 3 on 3.... They really need to start chipping into that deficit against Flint all they have really done is tread water they need to find a way to get 2 wins this week.

Rayzor

Or shall I say your new nickname
Cherry Picker,not surprised u bring up the 7 goals Medina gave up at Guelph, though not a word about how the team played in front of him,yet with Onuska you blame the team in front of him.
And not a word about Medina being 9-0-0 in his last 9 home games,talk about bias.
Sources tell me Savard has it in for Medina and has for awhile, and this is where we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad