Windsor Spitfires 2018 Offseason Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Spits

Personally, Baier should be our back up. I like what he brings over Patton. Patton scares me when he's in net but could see him turning into a decent back up. Baier I see as a starter and could be by the end of the season.

Agreed, excellent post

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Aresknights

If you read my posts I have already explained my back door response to the other poster not going to rewrite them.
As for asset management overall,once London wins 3 in 9 years come and see me,and they all must be won without the loss of an underage player and 2 of them must be won without the utilization of a 1st rounder, drafted and not reporting,or not having one at all.
That's asset management that's undeniable.
Your reasoning for having the slug around is laughable and out of touch with today's game.
And no I would not be okay with such a player on my team were the rolls reversed, certainly not in this day and age.5 years ago when everyone did including Windsor and London,yes not now, inexcusable, considering your background as a trainer, actually sanctioning someone who is out to cause bodily harm,a predatory player,and you talk about me playing 2 sides or moving the posts.
Your team can have such a guy nice asset management.

I've read your posts and you rarely answer anything directly asked lol.
My reasoning is laughable? Ok then take your potshots lol.
You supported DiGi, no? Repeat offender?
You are making stuff up to try and support some narrative of yours. Embarrassing for someone claiming to be unbiased. And everyone sees it.
I said play a role, ( in regards to McK) I'm not sanctioning someone out to cause bodily harm lol. You turn that into me sanctioning predatory play?
Again look at at your support of DiGi lol. Someone who actually has been suspended multi times in the O for doing just that ;)

Keep on connecting dots that don't exist to support your narrative :)

And my reasoning, which you falsely read, is much less laughable than whatever you make up to justify the Spits doing the same thing. But if they get cut in London they are plugs, they make Windsor, they are...... lol

It's comical how deep your hatred runs and clouds your vision. Every other post you make you need to take a shot at a poster or London. That speaks volumes.

Windsor won the Memorial Cup and good on them. They played great for a week. Earned it. They did what London couldn't do. Slide in as hosts, overcome a long layoff and kick butt.

Enjoy and don't let that hate eat at you so much.

Last edited:

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Aresknights

Your boy McKinnon has 24 major Jr A games under his belt (OHL,Q)
and his next goal will be his 1st,talk about laughable,comparing him to Digiacinto who had 67 goals and 150 points in 4 years.
Digiacinto did get suspended more then he should have but I see no difference in his game then say Max Jones when it comes to suspensions, probably a reason he won't return to the OHL,Jones is a suspension waiting to happen,the more tolerant NHL is better suited though I am sure you will disagree
McKinnon is a predatory player the fact you support him on the squad is no different me with Digiacinto, except one can play as well,the other can't big difference but your are too blinded to see.

Last edited:

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
FA's, Cards, B cards, Card management & Predictions

Legend:
Hopefully those nitpickers down the road will have enough on their plate bragging about the London Americans that they will concentrate on their board.
In the meantime I'm curious about the status of a number of our potential newcomers.
We do have a number of FA's that appear set to join the team. However I haven't seen indications yet that they have been signed.
With our home opener this week, I'm wondering if they must be signed to a full card in order to play.
One thing that comes to mind is the status of Purboo. Don't think I've seen much in the way of positive reviews for him.
At this time we still have a few potential returnees, which also means possibly trading a returning player before he gets signed.
As for predictions, it's a bit early for mine as I want to see how things shake out a bit more before making mine.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Spits

Legend:
Hopefully those nitpickers down the road will have enough on their plate bragging about the London Americans that they will concentrate on their board.
In the meantime I'm curious about the status of a number of our potential newcomers.
We do have a number of FA's that appear set to join the team. However I haven't seen indications yet that they have been signed.
With our home opener this week, I'm wondering if they must be signed to a full card in order to play.
One thing that comes to mind is the status of Purboo. Don't think I've seen much in the way of positive reviews for him.
At this time we still have a few potential returnees, which also means possibly trading a returning player before he gets signed.
As for predictions, it's a bit early for mine as I want to see how things shake out a bit more before making mine.

Punch

Agree about your comment re the London nitpickers .
As for the free agents yes if you sign them it will cost a card
Your question about Purboo is a valid one, though me thinks he is safe for now.
Another one who struggled overall the last couple of games was Tyler Angle, will have to see what happens there
All of the free agents played well,really good from the likes of Larionov, Mizzi and Smith.Latta was good too,size, aggressive, good skater.Spits have decisions to make here.Could see all 4 kept.
I admire that you will wait and see what happens or shakes out before commenting further.

youngblood10

Jan 26, 2010
With the preseason over what does the board think Letowski and staff can squeeze out of this group over the course of 68?

Over/Under 60.5 points.

I'm going with the under but not by much. 55-60 point range. I think the Spits will struggle on the road all year & fade as they sell off and the Western contenders load up. They may find that final playoff spot but if they do it won't be known until the final hours of the season, with some scoreboard watching.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Aresknights

Your boy McKinnon has 24 major Jr A games under his belt (OHL,Q)
and his next goal will be his 1st,talk about laughable,comparing him to Digiacinto who had 67 goals and 150 points in 4 years.
Digiacinto did get suspended more then he should have but I see no difference in his game then say Max Jones when it comes to suspensions, probably a reason he won't return to the OHL,Jones is a suspension waiting to happen,the more tolerant NHL is better suited though I am sure you will disagree
McKinnon is a predatory player the fact you support him on the squad is no different me with Digiacinto, except one can play as well,the other can't big difference but your are too blinded to see.

Again where am I supporting predatory play? Keep connecting imaginary dots lol.
Im not comparing them as players, you did that in an attempt to bolster your post. Keep moving the goalposts lol.
I never said McK would score as much as DiGi.
Referring to teenagers as "boy" "plugs" "rejects" says alot more about you than it does them.
Jones has earned his suspensions. He does stupid things at times, i totally agree.

If a Knight takes liberties, crosses the line, does something stupid, Ill call them out first (and have in the past)

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Spits

Again where am I supporting predatory play? Keep connecting imaginary dots lol.
Im not comparing them as players, you did that in an attempt to bolster your post. Keep moving the goalposts lol.
I never said McK would score as much as DiGi.
Referring to teenagers as "boy" "plugs" "rejects" says alot more about you than it does them.
Jones has earned his suspensions. He does stupid things at times, i totally agree.

If a Knight takes liberties, crosses the line, does something stupid, Ill call them out first (and have in the past)

The fact that you support a player like McKinnon being on the team,he brings zero skill and a predatory notion to his game, unneeded in today's game,means you enable if not supporting predatory actions.Now if you say that my team has no need to have such a player on the squad that's different I will apologize, otherwise no.
No excuses to have non skillful guys anymore.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
The fact that you support a player like McKinnon being on the team,he brings zero skill and a predatory notion to his game, unneeded in today's game,means you enable if not supporting predatory actions.Now if you say that my team has no need to have such a player on the squad that's different I will apologize, otherwise no.
No excuses to have non skillful guys anymore.

Again I said he could play a role. I do not support predatory play and no where have I said as much. And if he doesn't make it I could care less. But you find it necessary to make stuff up lol. Most of what you have posted is incorrect.

You have defended players who take liberties on the ice in the past. Fact.

At least you refrained in last post from calling teenagers boy, plug, rejects.

Last edited:

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Spits

With the preseason over what does the board think Letowski and staff can squeeze out of this group over the course of 68?

Over/Under 60.5 points.

I'm going with the under but not by much. 55-60 point range. I think the Spits will struggle on the road all year & fade as they sell off and the Western contenders load up. They may find that final playoff spot but if they do it won't be known until the final hours of the season, with some scoreboard watching.

Can't say I disagree with your prognostication re the upcoming season.A rookie laden defense will take to mature, too early for me yet, wait and see on who else returns and what is done with some or all of them.
Alot more questions then certainties.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Spits

Again I said he could play a role. I do not support predatory play and no where have I said as much. And if he doesn't make it I could care less. But you find it necessary to make stuff up lol. Most of what you have posted is incorrect.

You have defended players who take liberties on the ice in the past. Fact.

At least you refrained in last post from calling teenagers boy, plug, rejects.

Actually most of what i post is correct, to quote a famous movie
You can't handle the truth!
Besides opinions are never wrong

Last edited:

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Spits

Players like McKinnon will always be needed. Will they get regular shifts? No. Could they be useful? Absolutely.

Players like him in today's era have to skate and play,that's not him,for an OHL team to sign him is a waste, perhaps the QHL,a lesser skilled league overall without the fighting restrictions is better,although he played there last year.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Legend:

Im a london fan? I have paid for season tickets with the Spits for 10 years. unless we only post what you want, we're not allowed to post? really?

Side note, even though im a 'london fan' a friend of mine who would know told me that logan brown will get an audition with the sens, he will get regular season games and if he does well, he may stick. they told the spits that he isnt gaurinteed to come back. just info, sorry, ill stop posting

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
unless we only post what you want, we're not allowed to post? really?

People can post whenever they want. It's when people post the same stuff over-and-over again in hopes of getting the answer they want that it gets irritating. (in general, not you specifically)

As for Logan Brown - I'd imagine he'll get up to nine games but I don't see him sticking. He was too injured last season to really advance in his development. Another year of junior, being fully healthy, will do him wonders.

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
Im a london fan? I have paid for season tickets with the Spits for 10 years. unless we only post what you want, we're not allowed to post? really?

Side note, even though im a 'london fan' a friend of mine who would know told me that logan brown will get an audition with the sens, he will get regular season games and if he does well, he may stick. they told the spits that he isnt gaurinteed to come back. just info, sorry, ill stop posting

I don't think he was referring to you, simmer down.Brown will not crack the Sens roster, he has way too much to work on imho.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I don't think he was referring to you, simmer down.Brown will not crack the Sens roster, he has way too much to work on imho.

im going to guess the only one that knows that are the sens guys. either way it sounds like hell be up there for a bit.

Crease Master

Dec 17, 2016

Over/Under 60.5 points.

I would definitely take the over, I don't think Warren will sell off as much as people would like and with DiPietro in net we're going to be able to hang in games. This team lost a lot, but there's still some decent talent left and the other teams aren't going to be that much better than us that we won't be able to compete. This totally looks like a team that loses to London in the first round, that's not always a terrible finish. :D

scokan

Nov 23, 2009
southern ontario
Agreed on Brown,his speed is not NHL caliber.

as a leaf fan i hope he does make the sens...
but no doubt he will get a extended look (dont think thats breaking news by any means) but no doubt the best position for him is another year in junior, IMHO much can be said about sergy as well, I know from whats being said online that he will too get a extended look and although he doesn't want to be back here with the conditions on the 40 game mark TB would be foolish to keep him there for the season, Im looking at a return around christmas.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
as a leaf fan i hope he does make the sens...
but no doubt he will get a extended look (dont think thats breaking news by any means) but no doubt the best position for him is another year in junior, IMHO much can be said about sergy as well, I know from whats being said online that he will too get a extended look and although he doesn't want to be back here with the conditions on the 40 game mark TB would be foolish to keep him there for the season, Im looking at a return around christmas.
Agree that Brown is not ready for the NHL and will be back. Also think Sergachev will be sent back but I don't think it will Christmas, me thinks the 9 game window. Having said that with 2 solid young Russians in tow I would not be surprised if Warren has some deals ready to go with Brown and Sergachev when/if they come back. He may very well have some verbals in place and would think they both will move quickly if returned.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit

You must have a complex. I was referring to nitpickers from London. I never thought of you being from London, unless you post under different names. I was referring to the trolls who drop in here from the London board frequently to entertain themselves and try to get a rise out the Windsor fans.
And everyone has a right to their opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad