Confirmed with Link: William Lagesson - 1 year 775K

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
IMG_2122.jpeg

Red Wings sign defenseman William Lagesson to one-year contract | Detroit Red Wings

Looks like a one-way contract. This, so far, is the most interesting signing to me, in terms of what it says about the rest of the [defense] roster.

Like, where does this guy fit in? Does he bump AlJo down? Or do the Wings have more faith in AlJo than was assumed?

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
I would normally think, ‘oh, obviously GR.’ Except it’s a one-way contract (unlike Dries for instance).

Obviously they can still put him in GR, but teams don’t typically sign guys to one-way contracts unless there’s some reasonable amount of probability they’ll be on the NHL roster.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I would normally think, ‘oh, obviously GR.’ Except it’s a one-way contract (unlike Dries for instance).

Obviously they can still put him in GR, but teams don’t typically sign guys to one-way contracts unless there’s some reasonable amount of probability they’ll be on the NHL roster.

It's happened before, but the only examples that immediately come to my head are guys tabbed to be a #3 goalie. (IE Wings the first time they signed Pickard a to 2 year 1-way).

But, yea if this guy who has been waiver fodder for years is tabbed for the NHL roster as what would currently be a #5LD, I have no clue what Yzerman is doing, and he probably doesn't either.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Depth. Stick him in GR, the one-way just insures he's paid.

Won't even count against the cap.

If someone picks him up off waivers, so be it.

Reactions: flychairman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad