Will Bo hit 40 points

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
i'll say no. Not with how this team is producing right now. 9 games left. he needs 8 points. 35 points would be a pretty good second season though.

BearCheese

Dec 28, 2015
Burnaby
Probably not. With the way they're playing right now, probably needs some multi-point games in Alberta to pull it off. He does have the head shape for it though

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Hes had a good second half of season but even a lil inconsistant at times but a lot of it i think has to do with WD changing lines all the time with no reason. I think 50 points next year would be acceptable

TARS

May 3, 2009
Vancouver
Hes had a good second half of season but even a lil inconsistant at times but a lot of it i think has to do with WD changing lines all the time with no reason. I think 50 points next year would be acceptable

That would be an understatement. 50 points would put him in the 30-40 range of production for centres league-wide.

If he does that under real good Willie that would be an extraordinary achievement.

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver

I think he could have done it this year without Williw

The comment about separating him from Baertschi is 100,000,000,000 times worse than any Benning criticism.

Have the next Bergeron on our team on pace for 50 points as a 20 yr old and the coach thinks its a bad thing.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
He easily would have broken that barrier if WD didn't insist on using him like shutdown forward for some stupid reason in the first half of the season (when we had Sutter on the team too for christ's sakes!).

I've always felt like his defensively game in his first two years has been a little overrated (not to any fault of his own though) and has been propped up by his reputation. Horvat has been impressive these two years mostly because of his offensive jam, intensity, and smarts. He's willing to do the little things, but he hasn't come close to figuring it out yet.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
If WD doesn't stop his bromance with Vey AND his schizophrenic line deployment that would make the Joker himself go weep quietly in a corner, Borvat's gonna be ****ed up beyond repair.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Yes he will. I think once the team is back in shape he will hit 40 points. I mean if he was on a team like it was 2011 hell yea.

EDIT:

Wow didn't realize he had 32 points. If you are talking in terms of this year then no, but he will come close.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
I don't think Bo has enough of a repertoire yet to post the kind of numbers you guys are suggesting. He's good at protecting the puck in the corner and taking it right at defenders 1 on 1 on the rush. He's going to need a few more tricks in his bag to post better numbers. He seems like the kind of kid that is going to keep working at it until he gets there. I still think he'll be a very good player before too long but he's not there yet.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
He easily would have broken that barrier if WD didn't insist on using him like shutdown forward for some stupid reason in the first half of the season (when we had Sutter on the team too for christ's sakes!).

I've always felt like his defensively game in his first two years has been a little overrated (not to any fault of his own though) and has been propped up by his reputation. Horvat has been impressive these two years mostly because of his offensive jam, intensity, and smarts. He's willing to do the little things, but he hasn't come close to figuring it out yet.

I disagree with your first paragragh... Horvat deserves a lot of criticism for his play the first couple months of the season.
Only so much you can blame the coach or the opposition. He played like he had no confidence. Then he and Baertschi sparked up.
But nothing tangible appeared change in the coach's usage of him that I'm aware of.

He began to dry up offensively after his spurt when he began to try to do it all himself... maybe a little too much confidence in himself (or not enough in his teammates)...
When figures out the balance - the consistency will come. When he becomes consistent, he'll be a stud.
Now we wait for him to figure it out... only thing it will take is games... i.e. experience.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Will fall just shy. Was hoping he would be closer to 20 goals this year. I see him being a 50 point player next year. 20 plus 30

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
On the positive side...
Despite the canucks being outscored by 14-4 goals over the last 5 games without Vrbata, Horvat was just -2. That's pretty good considering how his season's gone to this point.

I'm expecting his grotesque -35 to take a big hit next season with a more interested winger for the full 82 and a healthy Sutter to shelter.

Despite his goals remaining flat... it's been a good statistical progression with his assist total.

40 pts may be a stretch for this season considering the competition and our team's goal scoring ability..
Maybe a hot run by his line and Baertschi getting hot to close out vs the Oilers could get him there.
I think we can easily envision a couple 4-3 type games vs the Oil...

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
No.

At the rate WD plays Etem and Vey, we should be asking whether it's possible for them to get 7 points in 8 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad