Wild Stadium Series & Alumni Games Discussion Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i have forgotten about modano's rant after moving to texas does anybody have a link? i met him and have his autograph so i like him.

PariseNation

I hope so
Apr 15, 2014
Twin Cities
It really bugs me how they are giving priority to Blackhawks fans over the general public. Thus reducing local fans chances of getting tickets.

Signed,
STH

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
From the Strib. TaLon's post, a few posts up.

Wild, Hawks, and Gopher FB get a chance to buy tickets, then general public.

That is how its been for every stadium series though. They are allotted so many tickets for the away team to have fans come up. If they don't sell they are released to the general public. I understand the outrage because the fanbase would sell that out in like 20 minutes, but it is kinda unwarranted.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I don't really have a problem with it at all. This isn't a showcase for Minnesota hockey. Even though it's in MN, the Hawks fans should be able to buy tickets as well.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Just as long as Wild STHer's get first crack at them before Hawks ticket holders. We all know how the Xcel is full of Hawks bandwagon fans. My worst nightmare is having the stadium 75% Hawks fans when the game is on our home ice. It's bad enough they've been in so many damn outdoor games already.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Just makes it feel like it's another platform for the NHL to promote the Hawks.

Chicago is a bigger money-maker than Minnesota right now, so it makes sense financially. Sucks that we're on the short end of the stick.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Chicago is a bigger money-maker than Minnesota right now, so it makes sense financially. Sucks that we're on the short end of the stick.

Kind of a moot point. Gate shouldn't matter. Presumably, we could not sell any tickets to Chicago and still sell out. They just want more people to watch on tv. That's why they chose Chicago.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Kind of a moot point. Gate shouldn't matter. Presumably, we could not sell any tickets to Chicago and still sell out. They just want more people to watch on tv. That's why they chose Chicago.

The Wild were the ones who wanted to play Chicago. I think the NHL wanted them to play someone else.

Wild33

Mar 27, 2009
From Russo's blog this past January.

As for the stadium-series game, the NHL originally wanted the Wild to play the Dallas Stars. The Wild requested the Blackhawks. According to MacKenzie’s report, the Wild got the Blackhawks. It will be Chicago's fourth outdoor game, Minnesota's first.

And for those who think the league was against Minnesota all these years, they aren't. They have tried to include them 2 other times but Leipold declined.

As has been reported many times, Craig Leipold’s ultimate goal is to host the actual Winter Classic. As has been reported many times, the NHL has thus far told the Wild owner that he needs to be patient. Leipold has been so adamant about his desire to host, he declined the chance for the Wild to be the visitor against Washington.

A few years ago, Leipold also declined the stadium series games because he wanted the main event. However, Leipold has since changed his mind and informed Commissioner Gary Bettman awhile ago that he would be willing to host a stadium series game as long as it helps his eventual objective – to host a Winter Classic.

http://www.startribune.com/russo-wi...-could-be-icing-on-a-weeklong-cake/289382851/

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
You would think he'd have said yes to visiting Washington. That would almost guarantee us to host within the next few years.

Wild33

Mar 27, 2009
The most surprising part about being asked to be the road team is I believe NBC has a TON of say and maybe even final say on what teams are picked for the Winter Classic. That is also why you see the same teams over and over again. At least if Minnesota is the home team you can have a story behind it to promote with state of hockey. Would have loved to see how they would have built up a Washington vs. Minnesota Winter Classic in D.C. though.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
BTW - According to the Strib...

So looks like after the Wild STHs snatch up their tickers, Blackhawks STHs get their go, then Gopher Football STHs before tickets reach the general public.

There may not be much of anything available for public sale after all.

I talked to a buddy of mine last night who is a Black Hawks season ticket holder, and he told me he can purchase tickets this Wednesday for the outdoor game! If thats the case Wild fans should be upset because we havent even been given dates for purchase yet, why does Chicago get first crack at tickets before us??

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I talked to a buddy of mine last night who is a Black Hawks season ticket holder, and he told me he can purchase tickets this Wednesday for the outdoor game! If thats the case Wild fans should be upset because we havent even been given dates for purchase yet, why does Chicago get first crack at tickets before us??

I swear to god if Hawks fans get first dibs to OUR outdoor game.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad