Wild Stadium Series & Alumni Games Discussion Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
HFWild meetup at the SS game? :D Kinda early to plan that especially since tix aren't even released yet, but I think it would be the perfect place to stage a meetup.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Right, so they've given out practically NO information on this whatsoever, but what I've heard so far is the following:

The NHL is running tickets, not the Wild.
Tickets will be about 150 a piece.
STH'ers may only get one per seat if that (which is complete garbage IMO).

I think a majority of these tickets are not going to fans per se, but companies, sponsors and everything else.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Right, so they've given out practically NO information on this whatsoever, but what I've heard so far is the following:

I think a majority of these tickets are not going to fans per se, but companies, sponsors and everything else.
So there will be a ton of Blackhawks fans there, I presume?

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010

StubHub has tickets for 250+ so, I'm not sure where you're seeing 150. I am definitely more interesting in paying that.

My aunt and uncle have season tickets and they said they were lucky to get 2 seats. Which would probably confirm your other points.

EDIT: Thought it was for playoffs. I'm stoopid.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
This is sounding more and more like a cash grab by the NHL... A good way to piss off real fans.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
As a STH, I have no problem with allowing only the same number of tickets as on the account.....meaning one ticket for every seat. This is a rare event, and I've known some to buy up many extras with the only intent to resell. There has to be some limits, so non-STH's have a fair chance to snatched some up.

Its my understanding that tickets haven't even been released, so I'm not sure how some sites are even posting them. Still waiting for the next instructions from our STH rep.

And yes, of course they aren't going to be cheap. It's an outdoor game. It's rare, and the league is going to take advantage of it.

Last edited:

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
This is sounding more and more like a cash grab by the NHL... A good way to piss off real fans.

This...times eleventy billion.

As a STH, I have no problem with allowing only the same number of tickets as on the account.....meaning one ticket for every seat. This is a rare event, and I've known some to buy up many extras with the only intent to resell. There has to be some limits, so non-STH's have a fair chance to snatched some up.

Its my understanding that tickets haven't even been released, so I'm not sure how some sites are even posting them. Still waiting for the next instructions from our STH rep.

And yes, of course they aren't going to be cheap. It's an outdoor game. It's rare, and the league is going to take advantage of it.

Most full STH holders are in groups of 6 or more, it's kinda lame if they are only offered 1 per seat. 2 per seat considering it's a "home" game and it's at TCF which can more than hold 2X the STH holder base would be "fair" IMO.

I'm not really perturbed about the price, even if outdoor games kinda suck ass to be honest, it's more the availability or lack of for people that have been with the team for years for the NHL to screw them over.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Based on my experience with the SJ game, I wouldn't worry too much. It wasn't particularly hard to get tickets--I got decent seats on Stubhub for $150 a pop, just a bit over what I'd expect to pay for a playoff ticket in this market.

It'll be a bit different because TCF is a bit smaller than Levi's, but the Twin Cities CSA is also less than half the population of the Bay Area.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Based on my experience with the SJ game, I wouldn't worry too much. It wasn't particularly hard to get tickets--I got decent seats on Stubhub for $150 a pop, just a bit over what I'd expect to pay for a playoff ticket in this market.

It'll be a bit different because TCF is a bit smaller than Levi's, but the Twin Cities CSA is also less than half the population of the Bay Area.

I would imagine though that there would be way more people trying to go to a SS game in Minnesota than in San Jose. The ticket demand might exceed the supply.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
I would imagine though that there would be way more people trying to go to a SS game in Minnesota than in San Jose. The ticket demand might exceed the supply.

I'd definitely agree that the average Minnesotan is way more interested in such a game. But is the average Minnesotan 2.5x more likely to buy a ticket than the average Bay Area resident?

(I'm not saying they aren't--that's an open question and I have no idea how to measure it.)

It's also worth noting that median incomes are dramatically higher here, so that will put a bit of a damper on the relative ticket prices in MN as well.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Stadium%20Series%20Tickets_zps6bdbirdw.png

Got this bad boy in the mail today. Ticket prices are....wow...but it's completely expected with how crazy and in demand it will be. Saturday's Alumni game should be fun too. Just to name a few...Bomber, Bruno, Ciccarelli, Darby, Antti, Modano, Bobby Smith, and Walz all facing the Hawks with Belfour, Savard, Roenick, and Olczyk. Someone needs to put Olczyk over the boards and into a snowbank. :yo:

Wild11MN

First round losers
Sponsor
May 28, 2013
MN
I was wondering what pricing would be like. I'm going, because I've been waiting for one for years, but I wonder how those sight lines down low will be... otherwise it'll cost $$$.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Yeah, when I saw that this morning in my mailbox... I dropped my jaw when I saw those prices!

I guess I'll try for Blue seats?

Looks like yellow seats to me....
Keep in mind... Only upper level sections 207-214, 237-244 and lower level sections 107-114 and 137-144 have built in seat backs. Every other seat in the stadium is a number marked on a bench for the whole row with no seat backs.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
It says each ticket package includes one ticket to Saturday's Alumni game and one ticket for the big game on Sunday. So, in a way, the price isn't too bad if you plan on going both days. At first I thought you had to pay separately for both days. No way would I pay the same price just to see the Alumni game. That would have been crazy. :nod:

Not sure where I'd like to sit yet, but the idea of benches and no seat backs....why, why, why?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I lucked out when the Vikings moved to TCF for two seasons... my Dome season tickets translated to section 207 in TCF, just making the cut on real seats! ;)

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
As a huge dude, I wonder if it's better with or without seat backs as I haven't been to TCF yet (I will go but these tickets will likely be purchased already before I see the U play *spits* Michigan this year).

They real seats at TCF are bigger than those that were at the dome. I'm not a small guy and I find them comfortable... though I'm far from the biggest guy in the world too.

I think fit-wise, they have a bit more room than the fixed seats at the X.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad