GDT: Wild @ Leafs - Friday 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Rare weekend with no Saturday game, BOOOOOOO!!!!!
Wild are on the 2nd half of a back to back, in Columbus on Thursday.

I have tickets available cheap for this one. PM if interested. - SOLD Enjoy the Game @McSnypsky

Last edited:

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
How did they manage to schedule a Friday night game in Toronto? Someone with shaky hands click on the wrong box on the calendar?

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
How did they manage to schedule a Friday night game in Toronto? Someone with shaky hands click on the wrong box on the calendar?
It's become more of a thing ever since Leiweke ran MLSE years ago. I think the intent was to give the Raptors more Saturday home games as they started to rise in popularity, and schedule other big time events at Scotiabank such as concerts etc. Speaking of which, it looks like there is a SZA concert this Saturday.

Hopefully ROR lights up another former team lol
ROR never played for Minnesota?

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
It's become more of a thing ever since Leiweke ran MLSE years ago. I think the intent was to give the Raptors more Saturday home games as they started to rise in popularity, and schedule other big time events at Scotiabank such as concerts etc. Speaking of which, it looks like there is a SZA concert this Saturday.

ROR never played for Minnesota?

He was traded there in the trade we just made with Minnesota and St. Louis. They're eating part of his salary.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I could be wrong but I thought it was a request from other Canadian teams to not schedule the Leafs every Saturday night and thus allowed those teams greater access to HNIC. But I could be wrong.

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
No, it goes back to Cliff Fletcher, who asked the league to schedule more Saturday road games and lose a few Saturday games if necessary to avoid playing more back-to-backs. It's stupid.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I could be wrong but I thought it was a request from other Canadian teams to not schedule the Leafs every Saturday night and thus allowed those teams greater access to HNIC. But I could be wrong.
That may be a factor as well, though that's kind of hilarious when you think about it. Leafs drive the most $$ with Saturday games, and it's clear the league doesn't wanna lose that since they only play a small handful of Friday home games even with these 'requests' being made.
No, it goes back to Cliff Fletcher, who asked the league to schedule more Saturday road games and lose a few Saturday games if necessary to avoid playing more back-to-backs. It's stupid.
I don't know about that. Prior to Leiweke I don't recall pretty much any Friday home games almost ever for a solid decade. After Leiweke we generally have the Hall of Fame game plus a few Friday home games each season now.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I remember Sandin shaking his hand at one point in the game before he sat out, but does anybody know what actually happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->