GDT: Wild @ Ducks 10.18, 5pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Thornton is 35 and still puting up decent numbers (but i think his ice time has decreased). He is similar or evenen bigger than Getzlaf

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
Incredible to see what Rakell is capable to do. So much potential there and I hope he will be able to do it more often and find some goal scorers touch.

I liked the confidence he had to dangle through defenders. We have too many guys with no ability to carry the puck into the offensive zone.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
I agree with everything aside from the Despres comment. He's been solid when paired with Fowler. They easily make our best D pairing IMO. He does have some Sbisa qualities, but he's 100x better.

Absolutely, I was just being a jerk. I'd be 100% behind Despres and his new contract if Vatanen was already locked down (Lindholm too, but that seems like a no-brainer). I don't think it helps that Despres has gotten off to a rough start while Vats has been very good out of the gate.

xxreact9

Jun 4, 2012
Sadly, this aint looking good, my main fear are Getz and Perry, who are just shade of themselves from 2013.
Which aint surprise for me...
Getz just isnt Zetterberg style of player who can play on high level even at 35,36
Thats reason we will have to add some firing power up front, we need some player who can substitute lack of goals from our 1st line duo. Hags, Stewart arent those type of guys.
Also i would try Anton as no.1 goalie, he has decent skills, but deffo needs more games.
Freddie, mah, after game 5 and that Toews goal, i lost all faith in him...

Come on man, they just lit up in the NHL playoffs at an above point-per-game level, they're directly in the prime of their careers. Players just have different priorities as they get older, they care much more about winning and playing responsible than lighting up the score sheet.

In a short sample like the playoffs when they go hard, you see the results.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Come on man, they just lit up in the NHL playoffs at an above point-per-game level, they're directly in the prime of their careers. Players just have different priorities as they get older, they care much more about winning and playing responsible than lighting up the score sheet.

In a short sample like the playoffs when they go hard, you see the results.

Well i mean. If Getzlaf and Perry were showing effort out there we wouldn't be crucify ing them as hard as we've been. But they've been pretty brutal in all 3 zones of the rink.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Well i mean. If Getzlaf and Perry were showing effort out there we wouldn't be crucify ing them as hard as we've been. But they've been pretty brutal in all 3 zones of the rink.

I agree, but it's just not accurate to say they are shades of themselves from 2013. That suggests they weren't good last season.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
5665dad7ef081460075eeeb07bb2c75a.jpg

Forgot to comment yesterday that this is absolutely disgusting.

Great to get the first win and the Ketchup god was apparently pleased. I had an alarm to wake me up for this game as was for the previous one but chose to continue sleeping instead. Why can't their games start a bit earlier...

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Thornton is 35 and still puting up decent numbers (but i think his ice time has decreased). He is similar or evenen bigger than Getzlaf

Getzlaf plays a much rougher game than Thornton ever has. I don't know how Getzlaf will age but style wise Thornton is much more of a perimeter guy than Getzlaf is. Thornton also has arguably the best vision in the NHL. So even though he's lost a few steps he's going to rack up points just from that.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
My big Heinz bottle was nearing empty so i turned it over so it can drip to the bottom (the top, actually) so when i opened it up it was streaming like a ketchup river :laugh: Actually happened today, i hope we see some more of dem golz soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad