Proposal: Wild-Canucks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Boeser
Hunt
Horvat

Dumba
Fiala
Sturm
Beckman
2022 1st
2023 2nd
That’s an over pay from Minnesota. Fiala and Boeser are pretty comparable. Then I’d say Beckman + Dumba gets you to Horvat value.
But you want to send away two high picks too? I’d take the 1st out if that.

Minnesota loses this trade pretty badly. But you’re a wild fan so have at it. I’d rather see your team get worse like this.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Poorly thought out proposal. Value aside, MN will need every ELC they can get over the next three years. They are in no position to be giving away picks and Beckman, who is a Boeser in training.

I also don't see VAN trading their captain, but I can't speak to the chemistry issues that may or may not be happening in VAN.

Reactions: Fisticuffer

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Poorly thought out proposal. Value aside, MN will need every ELC they can get over the next three years. They are in no position to be giving away picks and Beckman, who is a Boeser in training.

I also don't see VAN trading their captain, but I can't speak to the chemistry issues that may or may not be happening in VAN.
Of course it’s bold aka including Beckman, but otherwise Van doesn’t touch it. Wild are immediately better down the middle without giving up the farm. Still keep Rossi, Boldy, and Marat. Addison slots in for Dumba.

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
Boeser and fiala are equal. The same hunt who sucks and Minnesota let go in the offseason? Hunt played like one , or two games last year. Dumba and maybe a slight add for Horvat. Wild shouldn't beadding on 1st round pick and Beckman along with sturm. change the proposal

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
How do you work this out in your head? Fiala+1st for Boeser? Dumba+Sturm+Beckman+2nd for Horvat?

Either way, it's not great for Minnesota. Fiala and/or Dumba already need to be moved to fit the dead cap. After this trade, we'll still need to move guys, so we've just given 1st+2nd+Beckman away for nothing.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
How do you work this out in your head? Fiala+1st for Boeser? Dumba+Sturm+Beckman+2nd for Horvat?

Either way, it's not great for Minnesota. Fiala and/or Dumba already need to be moved to fit the dead cap. After this trade, we'll still need to move guys, so we've just given 1st+2nd+Beckman away for nothing.

Loosely Sturm for Hunt, Sturm helps fill C void in Van. Fiala+1st for boeser, Dumba+2nd+Beckman for horvat. Fiala’s contract uncertainty means Wild add more, and Beckman is included for near future impact for Canucks roster. Wild pay extra for immediate help this season. The Wild don’t appear to be tanking, so they might as well not waste a year of prime core players. If they could replace Greenway instead of 1st that would be preferred, but cap could get more interesting.

Horvat, JEE, Rossi, and Marat still intact looks like a solid core to build around.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Loosely Sturm for Hunt, Sturm helps fill C void in Van. Fiala+1st for boeser, Dumba+2nd+Beckman for horvat. Fiala’s contract uncertainty means Wild add more, and Beckman is included for near future impact for Canucks roster. Wild pay extra for immediate help this season. The Wild don’t appear to be tanking, so they might as well not waste a year of prime core players. If they could replace Greenway instead of 1st that would be preferred, but cap could get more interesting.

Horvat, JEE, Rossi, and Marat still intact looks like a solid core to build around.
this is debatable. squeaking by early in the season does not mean buy buy buy.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Boeser and fiala are equal. The same hunt who sucks and Minnesota let go in the offseason? Hunt played like one , or two games last year. Dumba and maybe a slight add for Horvat. Wild shouldn't beadding on 1st round pick and Beckman along with sturm. change the proposal

I wouldn't trade Boeser for Fiala 1 for 1, Boeser has been the better player (this year may be the exception), has scored at a far better rate both in terms of total points and especially goals. For a top 6 winger there is no point trading straight up for the older, less productive player. I would need Fiala + to even consider it. I also don't like Fiala's size, I know that comes off as a little "old school" but the Canucks have smaller forwards already in Petey, Garland, Hoglander, Motte (when healthy) - Even though Brock's not a big bruiser, he adds a little size to the forward group.

I like Dumba, but I would want a + if you consider him the main piece for Horvat.

Beckman and Sturm can be taken right out of the equation. Beckman could be a top 9 winger - not a huge need for the Canucks, Sturm a 26 year old bottom 6 C with very limited NHL experience - again, not a really valuable piece if the Canucks are trading away Boeser and Horvat, higher draft picks would be much more value than an AHL forward and a 26 year old bottom 6 C with 70 NHL games.

With this said, this proposal is pretty solid from a value perspective.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I wouldn't trade Boeser for Fiala 1 for 1, Boeser has been the better player (this year may be the exception), has scored at a far better rate both in terms of total points and especially goals.

Last three years, Fiala has scored 103 points, Boeser 102. Fiala's rate is 65 points per 82 games, Boeser is at 66 points per 82 games. Fiala has scored 45 goals during that time, Boeser 43.

I only wonder what Fiala's numbers would look like if he played with Miller and Pettersson that whole time, instead of Koivu, Parise, Johansson and Hartman.

Reactions: 2Pair

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Last three years, Fiala has scored 103 points, Boeser 102. Fiala's rate is 65 points per 82 games, Boeser is at 66 points per 82 games. Fiala has scored 45 goals during that time, Boeser 43.

I only wonder what Fiala's numbers would look like if he played with Miller and Pettersson that whole time, instead of Koivu, Parise, Johansson and Hartman.
keep Fiala, we'll keep Boeser - easy.

Reactions: Cogburn

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Probably the 2 players the team would most loathe to move along with Demko Pettersson and Hughes. Not really realistic but go ahead argue values i guess

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
What's the ask for Horvat from Minnesota?
Horvat is a primed age #2C that can be counted on for 20-25 goals and 60 points. He has a good f/o win % and is the Canucks current captain - so each of these help set his value. With this said RHD is the Canucks #1 need - someone that can play 20+ minutes a night and play a complimentary style to Hughes and fit the age group of the Canucks core (23-26). C depth and high draft picks would be the secondary needs.

Dumba + 1st for Horvat +? (something like that - I'm not sure what the + would be) Not really a deal that I would get super excited about but its the closest I can come up with right now.
or
Miller +? for Dumba + Greenway

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
just dont see him getting traded
maybe something around Miller for Dumba plus..?
Not that our cap situation is cause for optimism, but man Benning has boned you guys with his dumb moves. Just when Beagle, Roussel and Eriksson are about to expire, he kneecaps your team with the OEL contract. It makes it hard to work a deal if the Canucks aren't looking for futures.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad