Post-Game Talk (GBU): Why come you Ott no GBU

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
G- Miller might be the best goalie in the world right now. Who is better?

Can't wait to watch him in the Olympics!

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
G- Miller might be the best goalie in the world right now. Who is better?

Can't wait to watch him in the Olympics!

This is very reminiscent of the late 90s Sabres with a hardworking team that was typically outshot but had an all world goaltender.

Konix

Lurkin'
Jul 7, 2013
Hamburg, NY
Gonna say up front I only caught the 2nd, 3rd, and SO due to playing DnD and a messed up DVR :P

G:
- M-M-M-MILLER! Turning our tank into a smartcar...
- McBain. Totally underrated.
- GEM Line, but not as much as previous games. Still solid through and through, though.
- D'Agostini, I just wish he could finish. He'd be great if he could.
- Getting to ask my Caps fan friend how it feels like to lose to Steve Ott :laugh:

B:
- Foligno when he's not throwing punches. I hope it's just because he's still sick.
- Tallinder. :shakehead

U:
- The sinking feeling that Sam Reinhart may be out of our reach if we keep this up...

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Miller will steal some games, but if they play like tonight, they're gonna lose waaaay more often than they win.

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
miller-high-life-logo.jpg

:naughty:

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Good:

Wilson hit on Leino

And I still don't understand the instigator on Foligno.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
I was at this one too--and was reminded why I no longer buy 4 full seasons tickets. 2 hours to cross the border to U.S. and over an hour on the way back. The team was about inspired and passionate as the mostly very quiet crowd--with exceptions for a couple hits, Miller saves and Ott's goal. Stafford played well and Pysyk had a horrible night--weak on the cycle and more than one unforced dangerous defensive zone turnover. Girgs was a workhorse. Myers was ok most of the time but had a few brain farts and did not shine. Miller was fantastic and in the zone throughout. Moulson was there for some good chances but was unsuccessful. The passing from the D out of the zone was slow and always to a forward standing flatfooted facing back toward the Sabres . However there were no dangerous odd man rushes or breakaways. The Capitals got away with some bad hits and a lot of interference. I stood and cheered for the win because the team owed Miller and the fans something. Now get back to the tank?

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
G:
Miller in the first.
Miller in the second.
Miller in the third.
Miller in OT.
Miller in SO.
Wilson's hit on Leino.
Ennis' hit on... someone. Knocked that Cap's cap off. ;)
Weber's beard is the best looking beard in the league.
D'Ags.

B:
Leino. At this point, not only does John Scott have more goals scored than Leino, but he is actually a better player with the puck and a better passer too.

U:
I've got nothing.

A couple of notes: I like D'Ags more and more. I think last night he did all those things that Ville Leino did before when he was just bad and not godaweful; covering the puck, winning battles along the boards, taking pressure off his team. Except he does it way cheaper. And better, at this point. Also, John Scott has shown over the last few games that he has more to him than just being a fighter. Now that he's getting more ice-time, he also shows more ability with the puck and has some good passes. Keeps it simple and playes within in his limits but still; he does handle the puck a lot better. A late-bloomer perhaps? ;)

RazielMoshman

Jul 10, 2012
UK
Gonna say up front I only caught the 2nd, 3rd, and SO due to playing DnD and a messed up DVR :P

G:
- M-M-M-MILLER! Turning our tank into a smartcar...
- McBain. Totally underrated.
- GEM Line, but not as much as previous games. Still solid through and through, though.
- D'Agostini, I just wish he could finish. He'd be great if he could.
- Getting to ask my Caps fan friend how it feels like to lose to Steve Ott :laugh:

B:
- Foligno when he's not throwing punches. I hope it's just because he's still sick.
- Tallinder. :shakehead

U:
- The sinking feeling that Sam Reinhart may be out of our reach if we keep this up...

Agree with this completely, however we knew what we were getting with Tallinder, he was a borderline NHLer with the Devils. His not the Tallinder we used to watch.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
I give Nolan that credit. Myers was a wreck under Rolston.

I partially agree. Myers looked better than he had in a couple of years even under Rolston, but even better when Nolan took over. Either way, I still say that the idea of bringing Tallinder back was to get Myers back. Wether it worked or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad