World Cup: Who will win the World Cup 2022 (pre-tournament prediction)

Who will win the WorldCup?

• Argentina

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Brazil

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • France

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • England

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Spain

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Portugal

• Germany

• Belgium

• Netherlands

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Denmark

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • USA

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Canada

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Croatia

• Morocco

• Japan

• other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
3rd, tied with Canada, remember. And only 1 vote over Denmark.

France was always a favourite, regardless of the hype around Brazil and Argentina.
Morocco will be a tricky match for multiple reasons and if France takes it for granted, they'll be out.

I pick France over Argentina in the final, but won't be TOO mad if Messi beats them.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto

France was always a favourite, regardless of the hype around Brazil and Argentina.
Morocco will be a tricky match for multiple reasons and if France takes it for granted, they'll be out.

I pick France over Argentina in the final, but won't be TOO mad if Messi beats them.
could just as easily say 33% more votes than Denmark, tho. "only 1 vote over" means less when the sample size is so small.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
50 voters, and France had ONE more than Denmark and tied with Canada. Not even half of Brazil or 1/4 of Argentina.

Yes, lol.

But hey Morocco and Croatia got none

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
50 voters, and France had ONE more than Denmark and tied with Canada. Not even half of Brazil or 1/4 of Argentina.

Yes, lol.
Sure, but I imagine that France was likely the second or third choice of many of those Brazil and Argentina voters, whereas I doubt Denmark was anyone's second or third choice and was a homer pick/hot take for three people.

Reactions: gary69

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there

Injuries, especially Benzema's, brought France down a notch or two in a lot of people's mind (including me), so it's understandable why they weren't the biggest favourites.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Sure, but I imagine that France was likely the second or third choice of many of those Brazil and Argentina voters, whereas I doubt Denmark was anyone's second or third choice and was a homer pick/hot take for three people.
Frankly I don't mind too much, I'm teasing more than anything.
WC attracts casual fans who tend to answer Brazil, Germany or Argentina to any football question.
But yeah, I think France wasn't too respected here before the tournament. Might have to do with the so called malediction and all.
But this french team, without 6 starters, is as f***ing solid as the 2018 one.

Injuries, especially Benzema's, brought France down a notch or two in a lot of people's mind (including me), so it's understandable why they weren't the biggest favourites.
People need to realize nobody has more depth than France. NOBODY.
Their U21 team likely gets out of group stage.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

It's just homer votes, nobody with a single brain cell knew Canada wasn't ever going to win a game let alone go far.

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto

Benzema's injury made me higher on France because Giroud is better for the NT than Karim is 🤷‍♂️

Frankly I don't mind too much, I'm teasing more than anything.
WC attracts casual fans who tend to answer Brazil, Germany or Argentina to any football question.
But yeah, I think France wasn't too respected here before the tournament. Might have to do with the so called malediction and all.
But this french team, without 6 starters, is as f***ing solid as the 2018 one.
I don't know if I'd go this far! Maybe it's that I was able to catch every minute of 2018 whereas, because of work, my viewing has had to be more picky, but that 2018 French team - in the knockout stages at least - felt like a frickin machine.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I feel like this current french team is a machine.

Interestingly enough Regragui stated DD is the best NT coach on earth.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Well, repeat of 4-3 scoreline of WC 2018 is probably too much to ask for, but France vs Argentina is the dream final.

Hoping for close to similar entertaining match in the final.

Reactions: Wee Baby Seamus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad