Who should be the next head coach?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I think I only just now know who Todd Nelson is. For some reason I was thinking he was associated with the Islanders at some point. He has a lot of experience and damn good records in the AHL. I wouldn’t be opposed to hiring him. I think I’d prefer him to someone like Hartley.

GoChill

Apr 19, 2007
After hiring two first time coaches in Larson and PV and not having much success I think it will be someone with previous NHL head coaching experience.

Note - I am ignoring the brief tenure of Babcock

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I prefer Bob Hartley. He won in always league where he coached, knows Russian mentality and one is possible to teach players many thing.

GoChill

Apr 19, 2007
Maybe Guy Boucher is Waddell’s guy. It was just 2 days ago it was announced he would not be back with Toronto. Not sure if that would be a good or bad thing.

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
My guess its going to be someone Waddell has familiarity with which would include names already listed here...Hartley and Nelson.

I wouldn't at all be shocked to see Nelson join the Blue Jackets in some capacity after Hershey wins the Calder...only to have the thought of having him and Vogelhuber being on the same bench together (let me dream) because if I am Recchi and ESPECIALLY McCarthy right now I am cleaning up my resume after today.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Maybe Guy Boucher is Waddell’s guy. It was just 2 days ago it was announced he would not be back with Toronto. Not sure if that would be a good or bad thing.
Well, he can't turn us down for another, better NHL head coaching job this time like he did last time.

I prefer Bob Hartley. He won in always league where he coached, knows Russian mentality and one is possible to teach players many thing.
I like the idea of Hartley but why hasn't he gotten another NHL coaching opportunity in 8 years since leaving Calgary?

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
That would be hilarious and awful. Not as bad as Hartley, but still bad.

Sdrawkcab321

Oct 12, 2014
Cleveland
The best coach available… Darryl sutter. This team needs an experienced HC who will push his players and toughen them up. It’s not a coincidence our best years were under torts who had a similar reputation. The flames haven’t looked good at all since he was fired.

Reactions: Fred Glover

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
The best coach available… Darryl sutter. This team needs an experienced HC who will push his players and toughen them up. It’s not a coincidence our best years were under torts who had a similar reputation. The flames haven’t looked good at all since he was fired.
Didn’t really think of this one. Not sure it’s the best idea with how he treated some of the young guys in Calgary, but if Gaudreau gives him a passing grade I would entertain it.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Did we truly learn nothing last summer?

KCbus

Someday, we’ll have an NHL team.
Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
So, here we go again.

Who’s next ?
Would I be a lousy fan if I said I didn't care?

This team has been so bad that I just can't get myself pumped up for another coaching change. Who's next? We ask that question more often than Goldberg.

I know it needs to be done. I know we're going to be better off for it, eventually. But at this point, hiring a new coach feels more like getting an oil change. I know I have to do it, and I know my car's going to run better for having done it, but it's routine now, so I'm not all that enthusiastic about completing a basic chore.

Aaaarrgghh

Jul 17, 2022
There's this guy who has a country house nearby called Bike Mabcock. Just ignore the fake moustache.

As for the HC position, my preference last year was Laviolette followed by Roy. Sadly neither is available. Are there any coaches on expiring contracts?

• Haha
Reactions: majormajor

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Losing the their 2 best players probably hasn’t helped the Flames much.

The last thing the Jackets need is a hard nose, squeeze maximum ability out of each player type of coach. The team sucks and they need to find someone to help develop all the young talent they have instead of being like Philly last year and overachieving to only still miss the playoffs.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Maybe it's time for someone really boring who'll just give 4 steady years and move onto the next team. Wont bring a cup but at least he wont be fired next summer

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
Losing the their 2 best players probably hasn’t helped the Flames much.

The last thing the Jackets need is a hard nose, squeeze maximum ability out of each player type of coach. The team sucks and they need to find someone to help develop all the young talent they have instead of being like Philly last year and overachieving to only still miss the playoffs.
Not that I’m a giant fan of his but Sutter did very good things with young guys in LA and Calgary. He did have some weird missteps like with that one kid in Calgary in his NHL debut, but hopefully he knows he crossed the line a bit there.

Shelf life? Absolutely. But he’s probably not going to be coaching much longer anyway if he’s even interested in coaching anymore

Sdrawkcab321

Oct 12, 2014
Cleveland
If anything we should have learnt to not give in to what the players want and hire the best guy. Players will always try to get out of playing for a tough coach and want a soft nice guy. But that’s not what this team needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad