Who is going to be a surprise in this year's Training Camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I was grabbing a beer in the upper lounge and Chevy was beside me. The usual beating around the bush lol. It good little chat. Was very busy on his phone

Yeah his skating as usual was great. But he was landing some nice shots at net for tip ins, as well as playing decent defense. We can only hope he has a rebound year and I think he can do it

Hope you are right because otherwise he is Wright.

• Haha
Reactions: Badger1012

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Well, I was wishing for a 4th line of Barron - Namestnikov - Chibrikov...swapping Apples for Barron works though, too.

Instant chemistry in the Ex game tonight!

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
If Kevin He ever makes the Jets we are going to have an ongoing 'who's on first' routine going on. :laugh:

He scored!
He who?
Not who, He. Who's in goal.
I don't know. Who is in goal?
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Just for a little clarity I suggest we either come up with a good nickname for He or standardize the practice of capitalizing the full name in order to differentiate it from the pronoun.

HE scored!
Great.
They?

Let's call him pronoun 🤣

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Nikita Chibrikov. I don't think he has a shot at making the opening day roster no matter what he does but maybe Arniel will surprise us?
I look at the last game. He's winning board battles with Kaprizov. Must have led the team in high danger scoring chances. If it comes down to him and JAD for the last roster spot, you know Anderson-Dolan has passed waivers for 2 consecutive years. There's a unique skillset that Chibrikov has, a keen sense for finding scoring areas.

I'd kind of like to see him get a game with Iafallo and Barron as the 4th line before the final cuts. With Barron at C. The Jets have no shortage of players they can plug in as grinders, good positional players, but guys who can score, well that's a lot of pressure to put on the top 6, and Namestnikov is hardly an elite scorer, more of a steady good skating player. It would give Arniel some different offensive options, and I think Chibrikov with Perfetti could be something to watch on the PP. It's almost a shame the Jets can't keep Yager up too. At least for a few NHL games.

Reactions: Jack7222 and Jet

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I look at the last game. He's winning board battles with Kaprizov. Must have led the team in high danger scoring chances. If it comes down to him and JAD for the last roster spot, you know Anderson-Dolan has passed waivers for 2 consecutive years. There's a unique skillset that Chibrikov has, a keen sense for finding scoring areas.

I'd kind of like to see him get a game with Iafallo and Barron as the 4th line before the final cuts. With Barron at C. The Jets have no shortage of players they can plug in as grinders, good positional players, but guys who can score, well that's a lot of pressure to put on the top 6, and Namestnikov is hardly an elite scorer, more of a steady good skating player. It would give Arniel some different offensive options, and I think Chibrikov with Perfetti could be something to watch on the PP. It's almost a shame the Jets can't keep Yager up too. At least for a few NHL games.
I agree.

I feel like Chibi could be a utility knife guy and it's a real luxury to have guys like that in the lineup especially those who have dynamic skill. Then if a line like 55 81 13 isn't going just plug 90 in there, etc.

As for Yaeger he's really really surprised. I do think a season in the A is going to be huge for him but it would be hilarious if he made the Jets before McG cracks the Pens.

I'm feeling really good about the potential skill turnover in the Jets forward group over the next few years, and think we're at in the bottom 6 too.

There are question marks at defense and goal, but it's looking like this team has a shot at a reload vs. a rebuild

Jack7222

Mar 17, 2021

I think Appleton is good on the defensive side but would love to see Nino / Lowry / Chib.

I'm with you though in loving Chibrikov's game -- it seems suited to basically any line. Would like to see him stick around for some games this year

I agree.

I feel like Chibi could be a utility knife guy and it's a real luxury to have guys like that in the lineup especially those who have dynamic skill. Then if a line like 55 81 13 isn't going just plug 90 in there, etc.

As for Yaeger he's really really surprised. I do think a season in the A is going to be huge for him but it would be hilarious if he made the Jets before McG cracks the Pens.

I'm feeling really good about the potential skill turnover in the Jets forward group over the next few years, and think we're at in the bottom 6 too.

There are question marks at defense and goal, but it's looking like this team has a shot at a reload vs. a rebuild

I hope our players end up being more balanced this time around, with less "defensive role guy" "offensive role guy" like they have with Lowry and Connor. Chib and Yager bode well for that, Perfetti too.

Reactions: Jet

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I agree.

Due to age Yager would need to go back to junior. He isn’t eligible to play in the AHL this season.

Reactions: Jet

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Due to age Yager would need to go back to junior. He isn’t eligible to play in the AHL this season.
Ugh - thanks. I didn't realize he was that young - seems like a guy who's held back by that rule (though I do understand why it exists)

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
From what I read Moose Jaw isn't going to be competitive this year, so he might be wasting talent until he gets traded. It would be nice if the Jets had the roster space to keep him around, say Gus slips on a banana or something, and give him 9 games to start the season...Get him in a positive mindset before going to the Juniors, practicing with the best players he can. Definitely looks like he has a future here.

Reactions: KingBogo

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
From what I read Moose Jaw isn't going to be competitive this year, so he might be wasting talent until he gets traded. It would be nice if the Jets had the roster space to keep him around, say Gus slips on a banana or something, and give him 9 games to start the season...Get him in a positive mindset before going to the Juniors, practicing with the best players he can. Definitely looks like he has a future here.
Agreed he is a guy you’d go give a few NHL games to starting the season. I think Chevy traded McGroarty for a gem in Yager who I now fully expect to have a higher ceiling and to play as a top 6 center for us within a couple years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad