• Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 53 17.7%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 17 5.7%

• Total voters

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
My sense is Lindstrom is higher rated than Sennecke mostly due to his production this year. But we’re talking about 32 games, 36 if you count playoffs. If you include playoff games, Sennecke has 90 points in 79 games pretty similar ppg to Lindstrom. And if you include 2022-2023 stats, Sennecke has him beat. Don’t think their respective stats should be as heavily weighted in Lindstroms favour as they currently are.

• Haha
Reactions: Addik04

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Hawk's forwards:

Bedard 5'10
Reichel 6'0
Nazar 5'10
Moore 5'11
Demidov 5'11?

I understand the Demidov appeal, but if you have a chance to get a #1 D instead of having one of the smallest top 6 in the NHL.. you think D would be a logical choice. Which they are weak on.
Yeah, I don’t seem taking Demidov. They need some size in that lineup. A big D makes sense. We’ll see I guess.

Reactions: waitin425

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Demidov or Lindstrom
They will not be available at 5. That's why their names doesn't show in the pool. Linstrom is my choice of the 2. Linsdrom is 2nd OA in my choice. I want players who fits for PO. Fancy scorers undersize, no thanks for me. I saw enough of Leafs lose in first round, if there is a lesson to learn.

I voted Iginla jr. He have the right size, the skating, the balance, the swag to make it happen in the nhl. He's not overly physical but physical enough. People here are crazy about Newhook who have zero physical in his game so what's the point if Tij is not overly physical. I know his father will be a good influence, jr will not fall into the trap of partying in Mtl, the city of chez Parée and vice. His father will guide him into this dangerous and big market of Mtl. We missed Tkachuk jr when we had a chance, lets not repeat the same mistake with Iginla jr. But I know they are built different and not playing the same style.

Last edited:

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
There's no chance we pass on him. There's been reports that we're high on him since last draft.
Everything I’ve heard is we want a forward with size. Combine Denison’s size with the Russian factor and I just can’t see us taking him after passing on Michkov last year.

Yeah, I don’t seem taking Demidov. They need some size in that lineup. A big D makes sense. We’ll see I guess.
Ya I think Chicago takes the top D on their board.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Hypothetical scenario, the Habs draft Sennecke even if Lindstrom & Iginla are still on the board, how would you react to that?

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
I seem to have missed the Sennecke hype-train. Where is it coming from? No mockdraft has him in the top 15. So I assume someone started this hype. Who?

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
The frame on said player is so key and it's discouraging how often it gets overlooked. It's like with Guhle and some folks saying.....hit the gym and throw on 15lbs. He just doesn't have the body type to do that over the course of a summer as it would drastically affect how he plays the game. Can he add weight/muscle, absolutely, but it will take some time.
Body mass or not, it's irrelevant. You can be 10/15 pounds lighter than somebody and still be miles stronger. I think any player that put the work to get stronger will get different results in term of mass gain but they will still be stronger and harder to play agaisnt regardless.

Reactions: BXN

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
So Chicago GM is saying he likes both their D and F prospects pool (in the Athletics) and it's all about acquiring what would fit best on the team. While the Athletics journalist claims it's all about Demidov vs Levshunov for them. Sound strange to me, since they lack size at forwards, Demidov isn't the best fit there.

Anaheim is taking Levshunov if available. I'm not quite sure what they will do if he's not available.
Columbus is a bit more puzzling since we have no idea what direction they are going, but there are noise about them looking for a D.

That would technically leave Demidov for the Habs. That is, if Demidov is at the top of the Habs list once they reach that point.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Body mass or not, it's irrelevant. You can be 10/15 pounds lighter than somebody and still be miles stronger. I think any player that put the work to get stronger will get different results in term of mass gain but they will still be stronger and harder to play agaisnt regardless.
You always want players to be in great condition but that doesn't always transforms into being harder to play against. We've had 100+ years of data on that in hockey.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
They will not be available at 5. That's why their names doesn't show in the pool. Linstrom is my choice of the 2. Linsdrom is 2nd OA in my choice. I want players who fits for PO. Fancy scorers undersize, no thanks for me. I saw enough of Leafs losee in first round, if there is a lesson to learn.

I voted Iginla jr. He have the right size, the skating, the balance, the swag to make it happen in the nhl. He's not overly physical but physical enough. People here are crazy about Newhook who have zero physical in his game so what's the point if Tij is not overly physical. I know his father will be a good influence, jr will not fall into the trap of partying in Mtl, the city of chez Parée and vice. His father will guide him into this dangerous and big market of Mtl. We missed Tkachuk jr when we had a chance, lets not repeat the same mistake with Iginla jr. But I know they are built different and not playing the same style.
Yeah I'd take Matthews over that bum Patrick Kane any day for the playoffs

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
You always want players to be in great condition but that doesn't always transforms into being harder to play against. We've had 100+ years of data on that in hockey.
Which data do you have? What is the true benefit of that extra 10 pounds on hockey player other than simple physic mass+speed formula. I would like to know.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I think age was more of the problem, of the whole club
And signing Karlsson played a part in that. That team is screwed fo quite some time moving forward. Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Karlsson, Rust, Rakell, Smith, Eller, Acciari...yikes.

Reactions: 26Mats

Goalfield22

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
I think it is more likelty the Habs trade up than trade down. That might be what Hughes is thinking by letting it known they are going for a forward. Demidov and Lindstrom are the prize they are after. Trade with Anaheim.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad