Value of: Who are your Team's Top Prospects that will be available to trade at the TDL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I'm sure Selling teams would like to see which top prospects are likely available at TDL.

Canucks:

Hunter Brztewicz- Right Shot Dman, 69 points in 45 games. #1 in Dman scoring in OHL, #2 in Overall OHL scoring

Vasily Podkolzin- 10th OA 2019 draft- current 20 pts in 31 AHL games. Projects to be a playmaking powerforward

Arshdeep Bains- AHL- All Star- 36 pts in 36 AHL games. Led the WHL in scoring in 2022 with 112 pts in 68 games

Elias Pettersson- Dman- 6'4 210lbs- Was a force for Team Sweden at the recent WJC.

Arturs Silovs- Goalie- Dominant at World Championship for Latvia- 26-12-5 last season in the AHL with a .909SV. Currently 12-7-4 this season with a .901

Aatu Raty- 2nd round pick in 2021 NHL draft. 6'2 big bodied 2 way forward. Currently 23 pts in 38 games in the AHL

The Following propsects are likely not available unless its for a young core player under contract and not a rental.

Tom Willander
Jonathan Lekkerimaki

Reactions: Nevins

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Hard to say what an org is going to do. My own PO and seeing the same from a few other Jets fans on here I think for "available" you're probably looking at:

Lucius
Heinola (maybe)
Chibrikov (Maybe)
Stanley
Gustafsson
Chisholm
Rashevsky

I don't think they'd want to move either Heinola or Chibrikov, but possibly for the right deal. Personally I'm not interested in moving them.

I really don't see them being interested in moving McGroarty, Lambert, Salomonsson, or Barlow though.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Howard’s the top available prospect for the Lightning. That said they’re in a place right now where it’s unclear whether they should sell what remains of the farm to try and win again with Stamkos and Hedman, or attempt a quick rebuild around their younger core in the hopes of regaining serious competitive status while Kuch, Point, and Vasy can still be effective.

At the moment they’re looking like a borderline playoff team that lacks the depth to make a deep run, so trading Howard only makes sense if it’s for a truly high-end acquisition who would push them into serious contention. There’s little sense in moving their one remotely high-potential prospect for a rental who won’t move the needle as far as their realistic chances at another Cup are concerned.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
I'm sure Selling teams would like to see which top prospects are likely available at TDL.

Canucks:

Hunter Brztewicz- Right Shot Dman, 69 points in 45 games. #1 in Dman scoring in OHL, #2 in Overall OHL scoring

Vasily Podkolzin- 10th OA 2019 draft- current 20 pts in 31 AHL games. Projects to be a playmaking powerforward

Arshdeep Bains- AHL- All Star- 36 pts in 36 AHL games. Led the WHL in scoring in 2022 with 112 pts in 68 games

Elias Pettersson- Dman- 6'4 210lbs- Was a force for Team Sweden at the recent WJC.

Arturs Silovs- Goalie- Dominant at World Championship for Latvia- 26-12-5 last season in the AHL with a .909SV. Currently 12-7-4 this season with a .901

Aatu Raty- 2nd round pick in 2021 NHL draft. 6'2 big bodied 2 way forward. Currently 23 pts in 38 games in the AHL

The Following propsects are likely not available unless its for a young core player under contract and not a rental.

Tom Willander
Jonathan Lekkerimaki
IF Hunter's game doesn't translate well to the NHL somehow, then I'd like to flip him for a young asset; until then I'd hope we can keep him and see what he becomes as an RHD.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Canucks:

I'd take Silovs off the "available" list for the Canucks tbh. Not because he's some elite, bluechip A+ prospect necessarily. Just because goalie prospects have basically zero value until they've proven something, and they've already sunk a ton of resources into the guy, who seems like a project Ian Clark wants to work with.

Plus, at some point...they're gonna badly need a dirt cheap backup with upside to handle a decent number of games to keep Demko fresh. The DeSmith thing really fell into place this year, but he's a UFA and wandering around in that market looking for a rock solid backup these days can be a total crapshoot, with how many desperate teams will overpay any half decent backup with potential upside thinking they might magically turn into a starter.

So it's just really not even worth mentioning, because Silovs is never going to hold the sort of value that moves the needle on an actual deal, to bother moving him, after the investment they've already made in him and where the timeline sits.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
We’re sellers…. But I suppose guys that prob arnt going to make it here could be flipped for diff prospects idk

Could see helleson moved

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Not everyone is familiar with the Oiler system.

Maybe list them?

No high value pieces to offer, but in order of value:

Philip Broberg - LHD that has shown well in the AHL but doesn’t do anything to impress at the NHL level. Good skating but not much else. 22 yrs old, so NHL ready, but probably tops out as a #5 D. I’d peg his value equivalent to a late 2nd early 3rd

David Bruce Banner

Acid Raven Bed Burn
Mar 25, 2008
Waaaaay over there

Canucks:

Tom Willander
Jonathan Lekkerimaki

One one hand, any Canuck prospect is available for the right deal... but I'd put D-Petey up there with, or even slightly above, Lekk as a piece I would like to hang onto unless it's an offer we can't refuse. Hell, I'd even be reluctant to move Podkolzin, as I think he's going to be our cost efficient Joshua replacement next year.

Our prospect pool really isn't that deep. Benning gutted it for years and Allvin is just beginning to get it restocked. Brztewicz is about the only piece that I would be okay with moving, who might have some kind of significant value to another team.

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
Hard to say what an org is going to do. My own PO and seeing the same from a few other Jets fans on here I think for "available" you're probably looking at:

Lucius
Heinola (maybe)
Chibrikov (Maybe)
Stanley
Gustafsson
Chisholm
Rashevsky

I don't think they'd want to move either Heinola or Chibrikov, but possibly for the right deal. Personally I'm not interested in moving them.

I really don't see them being interested in moving McGroarty, Lambert, Salomonsson, or Barlow though.
I could maybe see Heinola/Chibrikov in play if it was for a Boone Jenner or another centerman with term at a reasonable cap hit. No way they trade either of those guys for a pure rental.

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
For the Jets…

Lucius
Heinola
Chibrikov
Rashevsky
Chisholm (but only if requested by the other team… likely prefer to keep him)

Barlow (maybe, but only included on a top 6/top 4 player with term or agreed extension in place)

Untouchables are Lambert, Salomonsson, and McGroarty

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
No high value pieces to offer, but in order of value:

Philip Broberg - LHD that has shown well in the AHL but doesn’t do anything to impress at the NHL level. Good skating but not much else. 22 yrs old, so NHL ready, but probably tops out as a #5 D. I’d peg his value equivalent to a late 2nd early 3rd
Enough with the hard sell!

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012

Lucius
Heinola (maybe)
Chibrikov (Maybe)
Stanley
Gustafsson
Chisholm
Rashevsky

For the Jets…

Lucius
Heinola
Chibrikov
Rashevsky
Chisholm (but only if requested by the other team… likely prefer to keep him)

Barlow (maybe, but only included on a top 6/top 4 player with term or agreed extension in place)

Untouchables are Lambert, Salomonsson, and McGroarty
IMG_0047.png

(To be fair to the second person I do like Chibrokov)

Last edited:

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Islanders have finally come to the conclusion that Hector Marini needs a change of scenery.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Only Oiler prospect I wouldn't trade is Rodrigue as I think him and Skinner can be a great tandem for us for many years to come. So if Rodrigue is gone that better be part of a package for an NHL starter.
We are in our Cup window and still need a second goalie and Top 4 RHD... I'm happy to lose great players for a legit run at a cup and for players that can help us win NOW. May hurt in the future but it's a rare window for us.

Our 1st
Bro
Hollo
Bourgault

I'd consider all of them. The rest I would trade too (for a great return) but don't think they have enough value Petrov, Lavoie and Savoie.

I'd also happily trade Foegele at his highest possible value and VD at his highest possible value.

Again, only if the trade makes us immediately better... I"m not looking for picks and prospects. Looking for cap space and legit players today.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
IF Hunter's game doesn't translate well to the NHL somehow, then I'd like to flip him for a young asset; until then I'd hope we can keep him and see what he becomes as an RHD.

But that’s the game here isn’t it? You want your cake and to eat it to with this line of thinking…”well if he isn’t going to pan out let’s trade him but I also want to keep him until he proves he’s not gonna pan out.”

If that happens, he won’t have any value. At some point you have to take stock of the prospects in your system and say “this may be risky but we are a damn good NHL team and a teenage blueliner, who may or may not pan out, isn’t going to help us for probably 3 years minimum. His stock probably won’t be any higher and we have a total Swedish stud RHD also in the system.”

I’m not saying dump Brz for a middle six rental but I think the OP is spot on in considering him maybe a peak value prospect asset you could look at dealing for the right guy to help with a Cup push now. The west is pretty open…I think even Lekki should be on the table for a star asset you guys can commit to long-term. Willander…I just love his game and think he’s like the off-limits piece. Other than that, I mean…the Canucks should go for it.

Last edited:

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Leafs Categories:
Not Available
Easton Cowan
- Top point per game in the OHL, dog-on bone player.

Could be available for a high valued rental
Fraser Minten
- WJC captain, projects to be a solid two-way 3rd line center
Topi Niemela - WJC Defenseman of the tourney just 2 years ago, 22 points in 34 games as a rookie ahl defenseman at 21.
Ryan Tverberg - AHL rookie with 23 points in 21 games. Hyman-esque style.
Nikita Grebenkin - Won KHL rookie of the year last year, only behind Yurov and Michkov this year for point per game under the age of 22. Highlight reel machine
Dennis Hildeby - 6'7 goalie, AHL all star as a rookie. Enough said.

Good Prospect, that could easily be leveraged as trade piece:
Alex Steeves -
Ahl all star, 34 points in 31 games, rapid speed. Just a little bit of a log jam for him.
Ty Voit - Second in Ohl scoring last year, kid can pass the puck. R
Noah Chadwick - 6'4 defensive defender with 37 points in 41 WHL games as an 18 year old.
Artur Akhtyamov - .921 sv% through 17 games, equally great VHL stats. Should come over this year.

Everyone Else worth mentioning that have a little value:
Forwards-
Roni Hirvonen, Nick Moldenhauer, Brandon Lisowsky, Joe Miller, Veeti Miettinen, Dmitry Ovchinnikov, Nick Abruzzese
Defenseman - William Villeneuve, Mike Koster, Mikko Kokkonen

The others are insignificant. and have absolutely no value..

----------------------------

As for young NHLers.
Knies and Woll are pretty untouchable, Robertson/Holmberg fall in that second category.

Reactions: Nevins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad