Who are the top 10 teams of the 20’s so far?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Consistent playoff team might not be the right word at ~50%
They’ve made it comfortably every year over the timeline that is being presented. Also have the tied longest playoff streak (can’t wait for the obvious “but then what happens” response)

If that isn’t consistent then no team in the league is consistently a playoff team.

Reactions: hui43210

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
They’ve made it comfortably every year over the timeline that is being presented. Also have the tied longest playoff streak (can’t wait for the obvious “but then what happens” response)

If that isn’t consistent then no team in the league is consistently a playoff team.
Ahh I read it wrong I guess, was thinking it was from 2000’s

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
To much weight on regular season.
Maybe give playoff series wins or playoff wins a much stronger weight.

Playoff wins
The stats you posted are from 2000 onward. This thread is about the 20’s.

I think this is the list you are looking for.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
1) Tampa
2) Florida
3) Vegas
4) Colorado
5) Boston
6) Edmonton
7) New York Rangers
8) Carolina
9) Dallas
10) Toronto

They are right around the 10 range, lowest I'd put them is maybe 13 but consistent playoff team that had some tough series.
I think they’re out of the top 10 based on having only one series win

Even Montreal has had a finals run and an additional 2nd round appearance in this span

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I think they’re out of the top 10 based on having only one series win

Even Montreal has had a finals run and an additional 2nd round appearance in this span
I'm ok if you have them out of the top 10, to me the playoff series context matters. They didn't lose to scrubs

Lost to Montreal, who made the finals
Lost to Tampa, who made the finals,
Lost to Florida who made the finals

3 years in a row the team that beat them went on to the cup final, as we all know Tampa has 2 cups, Florida has 1 cup and 2 appearances. To me those series were a lot more difficult than what certain teams in the West/Metro dealt with but that's a different discussion.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
I'm ok if you have them out of the top 10, to me the playoff series context matters. They didn't lose to scrubs

Lost to Montreal, who made the finals
Lost to Tampa, who made the finals,
Lost to Florida who made the finals

3 years in a row the team that beat them went on to the cup final, as we all know Tampa has 2 cups, Florida has 1 cup and 2 appearances. To me those series were a lot more difficult than what certain teams in the West/Metro dealt with but that's a different discussion.
This is a good and very fair point

Out of curiosity, if you have them lowest 13th, which teams are ahead of them from 12-10?

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
This is a good and very fair point

Out of curiosity, if you have them lowest 13th, which teams are ahead of them from 12-10?
Maybe

10) New York Islanders
11) Winnipeg
12) New Jersey

I wouldn't put them ahead but there are arguments that could be made for any of them

My honest opinion, if Tampa doesn't LTIR, the Islanders win the cup in 2021. That went 7 games, also the Isles made the ECF and lost in 7 I believe the year before that as well

Winnipeg has been a good playoff team in that time + one of the best goalies in the world at that time

New Jersey I don't think really has an argument but they've been a decent team in that team

I still put Toronto ahead in the 2020's but all are in that similar 10-13 range

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

TheOrangeDesk

May 27, 2015
Habs over Leafs.

One SC Finals appearance, one President's Trophy runner-up season for the Habs.(Edit: My bad. I initially read it as since 2000...not 2020. Still, really doesn't change anything. The Habs have been demonstratedly more successful.)

Zero meaningful successes for the Leafs. Multiple playoff chances only to expose themselves as 'Cup pretenders year after year.
I hate the leafs but sorry this is ridiculous. Habs have been hot garbage in the 2020s besides a fluke covid season playoff run. Leafs have made the playoffs every season and Habs have missed pretty much every season

SheldonJPlankton

Sponsor
Oct 30, 2006
I hate the leafs but sorry this is ridiculous. Habs have been hot garbage in the 2020s besides a fluke covid season playoff run. Leafs have made the playoffs every season and Habs have missed pretty much every season
50 percent of the league(or more) have made the playoffs during those years. Making multiple playoffs is a pedestrian accomplishment. Making the Stanley Cup finals once is much more meaningful.

TheOrangeDesk

May 27, 2015
50 percent of the league(or more) have made the playoffs during those years. Making multiple playoffs is a pedestrian accomplishment. Making the Stanley Cup finals once is much more meaningful.
Thank you for the irrelevant stat. I said leafs made playoffs every year during 2020's. If you wanted to follow conversation look up how many teams have done that

1 fluke run during covid which barely counts doesn't make up for 3 garbage Years. Even the year they made that run they barely got into playoffs

SheldonJPlankton

Sponsor
Oct 30, 2006
Thank you for the irrelevant stat. I said leafs made playoffs every year during 2020's. If you wanted to follow conversation look up how many teams have done that

1 fluke run during covid which barely counts doesn't make up for 3 garbage Years. Even the year they made that run they barely got into playoffs
7 teams have made the playoffs every season since 2020. Edmonton, Florida, Carolina, Colorado, Tampa, Boston and Toronto.

In contrast, 7 teams have been SC finalists during that stretch. Tampa(x3), Florida(x2), Edmonton, Vegas, Colorado, Dallas and Montreal.

TheOrangeDesk

May 27, 2015
7 teams have made the playoffs every season since 2020. Edmonton, Florida, Carolina, Colorado, Tampa, Boston and Toronto.

In contrast, 7 teams have been SC finalists during that stretch. Tampa(x3), Florida(x2), Edmonton, Vegas, Colorado, Dallas and Montreal.
Interesting,
Tampa, Florida, Colorado, edmonton on both lists. Vegas and missed playoffs once. Montreal 3 times. I'd Montreal as least impressive out of all these teams personally as we are talking about success over several years and not just one season. Sustained success matters

benfranklin

Jun 29, 2024
Colorado
Florida
Tampa
Knights

I put an * on the covid seasons which were Tampa's two championships. Then huge drop off for the rest simply for not winning Cups

Bruins
Hurricanes
Rangers
Oilers
Stars
Leafs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad