Which of the rumored defensemen would you want most?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Puckerz

Jun 7, 2013
not sure what Erhoff has to prove at this stage of his career?

Rather go with what they have, take their lumps, make a move at the deadline if need be

I like the go with what they have view as well as they gotta see what they really have, esp Colin, imo.

As for Ehrhoff, I think he has a fair amount to prove in coming back from 2 concussions last year and the fact that 30 teams have yet to give him an offer that he feels is his value ... seems like very good motivation to me, esp if he only gets a 1 yr deal.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Is it worth to take the risk of being sellers at the deadline and kill our contending dreams for years if we go with the D group we have?

It isn't a re-tool D group, it isn't a playoff D group so what is it? :laugh:
Is Irwin in our longerm plans, is K.Miller in our longterm plans, is Seids in our longterm plans, is Trotman in our longterm/future plans?

Or do we sign a 1-2y contract and not lose assets with a player who helps us to be close to playoffs at the deadline and not end up being sellers and kill our contending teams with these core guys, those guys wouldn't take a spot from a young D prospect, they would push Irwin/K.Miller out of the lineup, so what's the harm?

If it's just a 1y deal then sign Ehrhoff and let him push Irwin out of the lineup and then hopefully see Colin up next season.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Is it worth to take the risk of being sellers at the deadline and kill our contending dreams for years if we go with the D group we have?

It isn't a re-tool D group, it isn't a playoff D group so what is it? :laugh:
Is Irwin in our longerm plans, is K.Miller in our longterm plans, is Seids in our longterm plans, is Trotman in our longterm/future plans?

Or do we sign a 1-2y contract and not lose assets with a player who helps us to be close to playoffs at the deadline and not end up being sellers and kill our contending teams with these core guys, those guys wouldn't take a spot from a young D prospect, they would push Irwin/K.Miller out of the lineup, so what's the harm?

If it's just a 1y deal then sign Ehrhoff and let him push Irwin out of the lineup and then hopefully see Colin up next season.

If no defensemen get signed, I'd say he has a serious shot at making this team.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

That is something we would definitely have to see then.

Chara-
Seids-
Krug-McQuaid

group is not bad, should and could be a strong one, but the question is how is that top4 RD side going to look like.
Ofcourse if we put Irwin into the lineup it would change that negatively and what happens to Irwin/K.Miller if we see Colin&Trotman duo up next year and who's out if we add a D-player?

Irwin signing was pointless and it would break that 4player group and make it worse, something we can't afford. We can't be sellers at the deadline.

Edit: atleast pairings would work if both K.Miller and Irwin would be out of the lineup and Trotman&Colin would be up taking the spots and I would like that D group, but my great fear is that Colin would be down in the AHL and we have a boring/below average/slow D group without any young prospects playing there= not re-tooling in our re-tool year and ending up being sellers at the deadline.

Question is which one is going to win and has Julien honestly changed? Will Julien go with Sweeney's faster team or do we see the old Julien with even worse roster for that style?

Confusing post, but I blame Joker :laugh: I don't know, give me Franson-Colin-McQuaid RD trio for next year and Chara-Seids-Krug LD trio, Trotman the extra D who will get games too, that would be the best for me now.

Last edited:

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

That's probably true, the way I see it Chara,Sieds,Krug and Mcquaid will all have a spot in the line up unless someone is traded. So if no one else is signed that leaves 2 spots and the 7thD up for grabs. I would think that among Trotman, Morrow, C.Miller, K.Miller and Irwin we should be able to find our 3.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad