Which group of prospects would you take on draft day?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which country’s prospects?

• Germany

Votes: 85 81.7%
  • Slovakia

Votes: 19 18.3%

• Total voters

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Ignoring everything we know right now, and using only what we knew about them as draft eligible prospects, which trio of prospects would you take?

Germany’s Seider, Reichel, Stützle
Slovakia’s Slafkovsky, Nemec, Mesar

Each group has a centre, defender and winger.

EDIT: My mistake, not sure that Mesar is a centre.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Reichel > Mesar easily, and Seider > Nemec easily.

This overall is pretty clear even if you're a fan of Slafkovsky.

Reactions: LokiDog

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Seider and Stützle are the two I think will be the best players of the six. Because of that, I voted Germany.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
ONLY talking about draft day it’s Slovakia for me. I’d put Slaf and Stutzle on the same tier as prospects, maybe Stutzle slightly above but close enough where the difference is negligible. Mesar I’m pretty high on and think he should have been taken 5-10 spots higher than he was so maybe that’s where I’m wrong but I’d put him as better than Reichel. The defense is where it gets interesting. Nemec had a ton of hype coming into draft day and I think rightfully so. Seider on the other hand didn’t have that hype and was considered a bit of a reach. Seider has defied expectations the whole time even before stepping into the NHL and having the season he’s had so I think that’s where the disconnect is. Seider by D+1 was considered a way better prospect but ON DRAFT DAY was not considered a better prospect than Nemec.

With that said as NHLers, I think Stutzle ends up better than Slaf, Seider better than Nemec, and Mesar better than Reichel. So knowing what I know now, it’s Germany but ignoring that it’s Slovakia.

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I'd be surprised if Seider doesn't remain the best. I think there's also a very very strong chance Stutzle is 2nd best. Germany for sure.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
the slovak group has zero nhl track record and not for their own fault. all where just drafted last thursday. the germans are two and three years older. obviously they are currently the much better group and most likely remain better. the concept here still heavily favours the more developed and established group.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
On draft day I had Reichel crazy high compared to everyone else and I had Mesar as a second rounder.

Slafkovsky about the same as I had Stutzle.

I'm rare in that I actually liked Seider more than Nemec too. Not that I thought Seider would be this good. Nemec rated 12th this year.

the slovak group has zero nhl track record and not for their own fault. all where just drafted last thursday. the germans are two and three years older. obviously they are currently the much better group and most likely remain better. the concept here still heavily favours the more developed and established group.
This is why we don't make polls that require reading.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
This is why we don't make polls that require reading.
most people have basically no idea about prospects. no one watches every year hundreds of prospects from different leagues and understands the context of competition. and now you ask them to remember, how they felt about a player they haven't actually seen three years ago, but really liked this season in the nhl? i bet they can differentiate.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
1 - Seider.
2 - Slafkovsky.
3 - Stutzle.
4 - Nemec.

Close between Reichel and Nemar.

I choose Germany because of Seider, but Nemec is pretty good too. Slafkovsky and Stutzle are pretty close to me too.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
On draft day Id have them
1. Stutzle (3rd on my list)
2. Nemec (2nd)
3. Slafkovsky (6)
4. Seider (11 on my list)
5. Reichel (14)
6. Mesar (24)

Pretty close all in all. I think Germany by a hair because I thought Stutzle would be an absolute star and Im low on Slaf.
Ignoring everything we know right now, and using only what we knew about them as draft eligible prospects, which trio of prospects would you take?

Germany’s Seider, Reichel, Stützle
Slovakia’s Slafkovsky, Nemec, Mesar

Each group has a centre, defender and winger.

EDIT: My mistake, not sure that Mesar is a centre.
Is everyone ignoring this ? Lmao.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
In my estimation, Stutzle and Seider even as prospects on draft day...would've been 1-2 in this past draft. That pretty much carries the day all by itself. To be fair, i was higher on Seider at the time than the consensus probably...but even going by that, it's still the Germans here pretty handily.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad