Where to watch past Bruins games?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Hey folks, looking for help on where to watch old games, short of having dvr'ed it and never deleting it

is there a website where you can purchase access to watch archived games? The footage is obviously out there somewhere.

I really wanted to watch games from last year to see Bergeron more again in that historic season. Felt like it was a don't know what you have until it's gone type of thing and I'm regretful not soaking up every second of it.

I remember Itunes used to have playoff games available so I figured there's probably some pay for on demand feature out there that has them

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
The NHL app on Apple TV used to be great. You could watch every single game from every single team, even choose the home or away broadcast. Like, when the Bruins signed JVR and Boqvist, I went back and watch a couple Flyers/Devils games so I could see what they looked like. Unfortunately, the NHL just discontinued/cancelled the app. Now I DVR every game and don't delete them.

NESN also did a special on last year's team. I forget what it's called but it's worth DVR'ing. They look back at all of the best games from last season.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
@Fenway has them all archived in the vast database of the Jedi Archives.

I recently went back and watched a 5-5 tie against the Flyers from November of 1993.

8 year old me was in attendance.

1697480881825.jpeg

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Hey folks, looking for help on where to watch old games, short of having dvr'ed it and never deleting it

is there a website where you can purchase access to watch archived games? The footage is obviously out there somewhere.

I really wanted to watch games from last year to see Bergeron more again in that historic season. Felt like it was a don't know what you have until it's gone type of thing and I'm regretful not soaking up every second of it.

I remember Itunes used to have playoff games available so I figured there's probably some pay for on demand feature out there that has them

It sounds lame but check YouTube. Dafoomie and others have posted entire games. You can see the 2011 regular season beatdown of MTL, and the Bruins becoming BBB Redux against Dallas (Pts. 1 & 2).

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
On a similar note, I had a thought the other day that I wanna buy one of the Pats recent super bowl seasons and watch one game a week at a time now that I'm sure I forgot how most of the individual games panned out.

Reactions: KnightofBoston

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Any ideas where? Dafoomie has some but certainly not all

It sounds lame but check YouTube. Dafoomie and others have posted entire games. You can see the 2011 regular season beatdown of MTL, and the Bruins becoming BBB Redux against Dallas (Pts. 1 & 2).

I’ve watched those more times than I care to admit lol

I’m mainly looking for last year. I really regret not soaking it all in because it was bergerons last year

Reactions: GordonHowe

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
NESN will show a “today in Bruins History” throwback game sometimes on NESN+.

It’s fun to see some of the games from the dark ages in club history from the late 90s and early to mid 2000s.

I remember as a kid during the 1994 lockout, they showed lots of highlights from the 1970 Cup year.

I seem to recall @Fenway stating something along the lines that the old TV38 games were taped over and are lost forever.

badbrewin

Sponsor
Jan 13, 2007
Montreal
As a kid from Montreal in an era where the B's never had much success vs the Habs, one of my most memorable and enjoyable games was a Bruins 10-4 beatdown of the Habs at the old Forum back in 1983. Been searching for this game tape for over 30 years and nada....willing to pay to get my hands on it.

Here's the box score:

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
That's such a bummer to hear that the TV38 games are gone forever. I would love to see some of the late 70's and 80's games from the Orr and then Bourque/Neely eras.

If I even heard a B's game with Dale Arnold on the call from the 90's, my stomach would wretch uncontrollably.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
That's such a bummer to hear that the TV38 games are gone forever. I would love to see some of the late 70's and 80's games from the Orr and then Bourque/Neely eras.

If I even heard a B's game with Dale Arnold on the call from the 90's, my stomach would wretch uncontrollably.

It doesn’t make sense that they’d be gone forever, someone gotta have it somewhere ?

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
There are some really old games against the Leafs on their channel. Here's one:

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
On youtube, a guy named Serg 72, has a lot of early to mid 90s games. There are a few Bruin road games in there..with Fred and Derek,.Mostly losses. He must be a Caps fan. The video quality varies greatly.
Holy cow, that dude's channel is awesome. Wicked amount of cool content. So many lengthy highlights videos, World Cup games, and specials over the decades. Even saw he put up an hour and half video of Oakland Seals highlights from the 70s. Glad you posted about it. It's a definite treasure trove.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Off topic but I didn't want to start a new thread.

Anyone have the ESPN app? It's fine when I watch live games, but when I watch on demand games, like US vs BU, it plays an add every 3 minutes, and the ad runs over the game, so when the game comes back on, I've missed a minute of play. What's the deal, with that?

• Wow
Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad