Where did Yzerman go wrong with the rebuild?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
No seriously - Where did the rebuild go wrong?

Because its looking pretty good to my eye.
i think a lot outsiders get critical and confused by the amont of stop gaps/ insulating vets SY signs and the high dollars that were paid out to some mediocre players.

but what they fail to see is the sucess of the rebuild lives or dies on the success of drafted players and a shytty ufa signing doesnt matter much compared to 1) drafting the right players n 2) give them an optimal environment to develope in. 3) building team 1st cultute

ppl saying the the yzerplan has failed dont see the yzerplan hasnt arrived yet.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
I'm not a massive fan of him signing so many mediocre D-men and ultimately creating a log-jam on defense. Let's be honest Edvinsson should be entering his second full year this year, and the team would have been in a better position as a result. It's not like the vets are solid either, the 5on5 defense is what is holding this team back.

But regardless of that, Yzerman started on ground zero really. The only real trade bait he had was AA, Bertuzzi, Mantha and Hronek. The prospect pool was non-exsistent.

Looking at the pre-season and camp rosters excites me for the future, so many solid prospects knocking on the door. The addition and Tarasenko, Debrincat and Kane is great, and honestly underrated GM:ing.

Cap structure looks great aswell.

If we had one of Bedard, Fantilli or Carlsson on the roster people would be all in on the Yzerplan, but why, because he got lucky?

Last edited:

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
I'm not a massive fan of him signing so many mediocre D-men and ultimately creating a log-jam on defense. Let's be honest Edvinsson should be entering his second full year this year, and the team would have been in a better position as a result. It's not like the vets are solid either, the 5on5 defense is what is holding this team back.

But regardless of that, Yzerman started on ground zero really. The only real trade bait he had was AA, Bertuzzi, Mantha and Hronek. The prospect pool was non-exsistent.

Looking at the pre-season and camp rosters excites me for the future, so many solid prospects knocking on the door. The addition and Tarasenko, Debrincat and Kane is great, and honestly underrated management.

Cap structure looks great aswell.

If we had one of Bedard, Fantilli or Carlsson on the roster people would be all in on the Yzerplan, but why, because he got lucky?

Calling them mediocre is probably abit generous of me... Holl and Petry are actually terrible.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I really like how they have now tools to add speed on the team.

Like adding Motte, how fast Kasper is and how great skater Danielson is.

I saw a lot of critizism from my Finnish DET-friends of seeing Red Wings being too slow versus other NHL-teams. Cutting Perron was the first move to right direction, and these young guys will make big difference very soon.

Not from the 1st day, but very soon.

Adding speed will change the transition game balance, and also, adding better 1st pass defencemen will enchance that too.

This could make a big change, which no one can't predict, because predictions are always based on the past.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad