When it's all said and done, will Simon Nemec has his number retired by New Jersey?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

When it's all said and done, will Simon Nemec has his number retired by New Jersey?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
I'd say no. That's applying a potential HOF career onto an 18 year old. He's very good, but he's not a McDavid-level no-doubter at that age. And I don't mean that as a slight, Nemec is an exciting prospect that I would have loved to fall to my team (even though I know there's no way he'd get all the way to 8).

Reactions: hidek91

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I said yes cause I'm biased lol but it's so early. Still a great prospect, top-5 D prospect imo.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Surprised it hasn't already been retired..... Why don't we let the kid play a game before we're talking about retiring his number.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
There's so many factors that would go into this, namely whether or not Nemec even turns into a quality NHLer. Not to mention, I doubt anyone's gonna' bump this thread in 25 years to confirm our wild speculation.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
No.

Nemec easily could have gone seventh or later if Montreal had taken Wright and the Devils took Slafkovsky for Hughes’ wing, as many suspected would occur. If he had, his perception as a prospect would be far different. Just because the Devils are gambling heavily on him doesn’t magically grant him new abilities or Hall of Fame potential.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
No.

Nemec easily could have gone seventh or later if Montreal had taken Wright and the Devils took Slafkovsky for Hughes’ wing, as many suspected would occur. If he had, his perception as a prospect would be far different. Just because the Devils are gambling heavily on him doesn’t magically grant him new abilities or Hall of Fame potential.
Nemec was easily the 2nd best prospect in this draft.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
100% yes, but it won't happen until 2065, a couple of years after his retirement. Yes, I think Nemec will be a Devil until he's 60 years old. Chara is 45 now and Slovak defenseman will only be more durable in the future, as athlethes continue learning more about training and diet.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
"No" feels like the safe bet, but the kid has sky-high potential. He absolutely could get there.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'd guess no. I could easily imagine him having a Lubomir Visnovsky caliber career, which is great, but even that guy didn't get his number retired.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad