Post-Game Talk: When in Doubt, Shootout: Sabres 3 Leafs 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Also, love Kulemin's face here

carlgunnarssonnikolaikulemin_4256-430x298.jpg

:laugh:

Jacquestrapless

Jun 5, 2011
Mississauga
That 2nd line has to get going. Especially if the first gets shut down on Saturday. At this point I'd move ashton up there so we have someone to do the dirty work. Thats if no one wants to mess with the third line. Also Rielly-Gardiner pairing has talent but gives me a heart attack defensively.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
That 2nd line has to get going. Especially if the first gets shut down on Saturday. At this point I'd move ashton up there so we have someone to do the dirty work. Thats if no one wants to mess with the third line. Also Rielly-Gardiner pairing has talent but gives me a heart attack defensively.

We need a real grinder/mucker on that line BAD. Carlyle keeps throwing Raymond on there but he's getting worse every game.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
as much as people hate the shootout [and I loathe it. LOATHE it], it's part of the game. ergo - it doesn't MATTER if 40% of our points comes off the shootout. geeze. there are a lot of angry Ottawa fans. I would be mollified if Montreal, Ottawa and us could make the playoffs. [because truthfully - I think all three of us could do some damage once we're in there].

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
im not saying they should trade him, he's gotta play better than he has, but lately his biggest skill has been drawing penalties (not that thats a bad talent to have).

Sure, he is not playing great. That doesn't mean you have to trade your players once they are not playing great. Take for example Lucic has been having trouble lately. Is Lucic worth trading now? Of course not.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
Vancouver fans warned us about Raymond. He is soft and not good in his zone. He goes into long slump

Now that being said once holland is back move Raymond to the 4th line with mcclement and Ashton and you have a 4th line that can play 8-12 mins a night if need be

Punn

Sep 24, 2011
Brampton, ON
Vancouver fans warned us about Raymond. He is soft and not good in his zone. He goes into long slump

Now that being said once holland is back move Raymond to the 4th line with mcclement and Ashton and you have a 4th line that can play 8-12 mins a night if need be

Agreed. I suppose Raymond was a beneficiary of a long camp meaning he got into form a lot quicker which justifies his hot start.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
as much as people hate the shootout [and I loathe it. LOATHE it], it's part of the game. ergo - it doesn't MATTER if 40% of our points comes off the shootout. geeze. there are a lot of angry Ottawa fans. I would be mollified if Montreal, Ottawa and us could make the playoffs. [because truthfully - I think all three of us could do some damage once we're in there].

That math is off. Only 9 of our 53 pts have come from winning the shootout. 28 came from ROW, the other 16 came from just getting to OT.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Honestly I feel if they want the second line to get going they need to move Lupul back to the LW and get Raymond off there. No idea why on 2 teams Carlyle is obsessed with making Lupul as a RW work, even though it doesn't.

If we can get that second line going it'd definitely boost the whole group up a bit.

Penalty Kill Icing*

That math is off. Only 9 of our 53 pts have come from winning the shootout. 28 came from ROW, the other 16 came from just getting to OT.

There is a mod over there, who apparently is poor at calculations.

He lumped OT loss, SO win, SO loss together to say 40% of our points come from shootouts. :laugh:

Leafidelity

Existentially Drifting
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada

Yep. I HATE shootouts, but as long as that farce is a part of the game, I'm quite ok being good at them.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009

i was just quotting
God knows I can't do math :laugh:

these poor guys though - they need lots of chickpea noodle soup, hot chocolate and rest.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

WAIT. All 10 of them are angry?!

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Garrett Wheeler on TSN1050 (and Mike Hogan) is all how ugly this game was - okay, yes. the game was kind of ugly, but I really have to think in this case - the TEAM looked okay - especially for having the flu. you could see it. TSN even said we played 5 games in 7 days twice in the past few weeks.

maybe it's just media being miserable right now.

[i. hate. this. wildcard].

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad