Speculation: What would Mitch Marner garner if he is dangled?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Let me be first to say that trading Marner is absolutely the last resort for the Leafs. I consider him untouchable or as close to untouchable as there is on the team. The only reason I rate Matthews higher is due to the position he plays, but Mitch drives his line being a winger and is hockey sense is honestly second to none.

Hypothetically, if the contract talks are difficult and Leafs begin entertaining offers for Mitch, what would your team offer?

Reactions: Sk8M8

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Value is dependent on the contract. At 16.2M max hit he has negative value. At 8M he has really high value. I'm guessing he comes in between 10.5-11.5M. In that case a 1st, prospect and middle six player.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Patrick Kane? I hear he dangles, so perhaps their game would be similar...

Just keep him and find the money.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Deals I would be looking at

Dumba+12th overall (turned down by most wild fans)

Small steel, Josh Manson , 8th overall( turned down by duck fans as they dont see the use in spending so much on a winger)

Boqvist+2018 3rd overall

Makar+2018 4th overall(probably gets shot down by the avs)

Keller+Chychurn+2018 1st

Weresnki+Andersson+

xNogaitx

Akuna Matata.
Sep 9, 2017
Edmonton
A 90+ point player at age 21 is worth that package? Time to stop the day drinking.

Then again, depends on what those assets are.

If that first is top 10, the middle 6 player is one with room to grow, and the prospect is an A rated one, then the value is there.

For example, if Vancouver was to offer Bo Horvat (big & heavy 2C coming in at half the AAV of Marner), their 10th OA selection, and Michael Dipietro or Q. Hughes.

That package would represent an overpayment from Vancouver's end of things (and shouldn't be done) and yet fit the description of what Double Dion said.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I would be pissed, as a Leaf fan, if Marner is traded and the Leafs kept Nylander. As a fan also of the Jets, would love to get Marner.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Then again, depends on what those assets are.

If that first is top 10, the middle 6 player is one with room to grow, and the prospect is an A rated one, then the value is there.

For example, if Vancouver was to offer Bo Horvat (big & heavy 2C coming in at half the AAV of Marner), their 10th OA selection, and Michael Dipietro or Q. Hughes.

That package would represent an overpayment from Vancouver's end of things (and shouldn't be done) and yet fit the description of what Double Dion said.

Judging by his wording I don't think he had that kind of package in mind.

xNogaitx

Akuna Matata.
Sep 9, 2017
Edmonton
Judging by his wording I don't think he had that kind of package in mind.

Yet Toronto would take that package and run. Solves their cap problem, gets them two cheap ELC contracts and solves several deficiencies in their lineup.

Marner is far from untouchable.

Reactions: REM17

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Guy from Nashville just offered Fabbro, Tolvinen, 2019 1st, 2020 1st and a second for the #2OA this year. Would you take that for Marner?

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Cant remember if its RHD or LHD that Toronto needs, but just for fun something with Klingberg or Lindell ( maybe something else with him ) from Dallas?

I'd love Marner in Dallas, but at the same time would hate to break up our top 3 D

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Guy from Nashville just offered Fabbro, Tolvinen, 2019 1st, 2020 1st and a second for the #2OA this year. Would you take that for Marner?

If Toronto is trading a proven 22 year-old 90+ point player they're going to want more than a couple of prospects and late picks.

REM17

Jul 21, 2010
Switzerland
Don't worry about Marner. As Dumbass already has mentioned, Marner will be signed by 1st July.

He will get Matthew money and term and Toronto's window for the cup has been closed again allocating 1/3 of available cap to three forwards. They will rack up points in the regular season and exit in the first round.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Weresnki+Andersson+
Nope. He's amazing, but that's not a package we're willing to give up pretty much at all. If he ends up being traded, it's going to be for a ripoff deal, because what he'd be realistically worth is going to be so high that nobody would want to pay it, and he's good enough that the Leafs wouldn't be wanting to deal him unless they're in an absolute desperation position - which would get exploited.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad