Value of: What would Calgary Flames offer for the Sens 7th pick?

Bond

May 10, 2012
They'll offer Markstrom and will even do the favour of taking back Korpisalo lol. I don't think the Flames will bother trading up unless the cost is a 3rd or something. They are going to get a good prospect no matter what and need D a lot more than a winger. .

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Probably any roster player, couple would want a sweetener but ballpark anyway

I'd want to keep out first though, not interested in trading up for Iginla

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I think the Flames have 2 pieces the Sens could use. One being Rasmus Andersson. The other being Markstrom. Taking back Korpisalo and sending Markstrom for #7 is something I'd do. Andersson for #7 is something I'd do. I don't see what else we have that really would be worth that pick except Wolf who isn't available.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
I think the Flames have 2 pieces the Sens could use. One being Rasmus Andersson. The other being Markstrom. Taking back Korpisalo and sending Markstrom for #7 is something I'd do. Andersson for #7 is something I'd do. I don't see what else we have that really would be worth that pick except Wolf who isn't available.
Yep, both would work. Mind blowing up 🤯!

Reactions: MakeCgyGreatAgain

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
Throwing out the fact that Weegar is from Ottawa.

Weegar + 2nd/3rd for Chych + 7th Overall?

CGY gets younger. Ottawa gets the way better dman who makes way too little for how much he impacts the game.

Reactions: Dog

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
korpisalo's contract is not that crippling, Calgary may need to add a mid pick. I feel its the basis for a larger trade though.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland

CGY gets younger. Ottawa gets the way better dman who makes way too little for how much he impacts the game.
That's pretty fair trade especially if Flames could take Chychrun and trade him for pick(s) or prospect?

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011

I like Weegar a lot the last year and a third. He was brutal his first 50 games for us in 22/23, but he's been excellent since. We are rebuilding, so that's the only reason I'd consider something like this. Man would we be an awful team without him though.

I'm a full rebuild guy, so I'd do it, but I doubt the Flames would. They are deluded enough to think we can just re-tool. I think that approach is foolish.

I made a mistake apologies and edit it out. Looking at two different posts.
Ah, I see. No worries.

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
I like Weegar a lot the last year and a third. He was brutal his first 50 games for us in 22/23, but he's been excellent since. We are rebuilding, so that's the only reason I'd consider something like this. Man would we be an awful team without him though.

I'm a full rebuild guy, so I'd do it, but I doubt the Flames would. They are deluded enough to think we can just re-tool. I think that approach is foolish.
I think acquiring Chych is in line with their retool vision. It’s definitely a downgrade from Weegar but you’re getting compensated for that downgrade with a high pick in a draft where there is no wrong answer for picks 6-12/13.

A pairing of Chych and Andersson isn’t too shabby.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I think acquiring Chych is in line with their retool vision. It’s definitely a downgrade from Weegar but you’re getting compensated for that downgrade with a high pick in a draft where there is no wrong answer for picks 6-12/13.

A pairing of Chych and Andersson isn’t too shabby.
I'm not a huge fan of Chychrun. I just think his work defensively is not great and the injury history is concerning. That said, the pick is enticing.

Reactions: EK392000

Ad

Ad

Ad