What was Brett Kulak doing?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

pockets321

May 4, 2022
Plenty of blame to go around, Bouchard didn't help Kulak by leaving the front of the net to go defend an invisible player on the first goal.

On the second goal, Draisaitl could have taken a couple of more strides instead of coasting back and maybe he does a better job at disrupting Reinhart's shot.

Last edited:

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Kulak was put in a tough spot on the 2nd goal. There was a full 3 on 2 , he was distracted by the net drive which pushed him back and I am sure he was thinking, hoping he may get some F3 help but he did not. Reinhart processed this and narrowed the angle for a better shot and Kulak was in between. I'd like to see what the bulk of the people posting on her would have done on that rush.

1st goal was Mcleod's pitiful effort on the wall and then Bouchard not reading the room and realizing they are coming out shooting. If he stays in the lane.. easy block. Once again on the PK when he has no business being there.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Kulak was put in a tough spot on the 2nd goal. There was a full 3 on 2 , he was distracted by the net drive which pushed him back and I am sure he was thinking, hoping he may get some F3 help but he did not. Reinhart processed this and narrowed the angle for a better shot and Kulak was in between. I'd like to see what the bulk of the people posting on her would have done on that rush.

1st goal was Mcleod's pitiful effort on the wall and then Bouchard not reading the room and realizing they are coming out shooting. If he stays in the lane.. easy block. Once again on the PK when he has no business being there.
Do the same thing Florida did ALL GAME… take the man and pressure the puck carrier.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

1st goal was Mcleod's pitiful effort on the wall and then Bouchard not reading the room and realizing they are coming out shooting. If he stays in the lane.. easy block. Once again on the PK when he has no
Foegel got back in time to take the wide F. For Kulak, you have to rewind to Reinhart reaching the Panther blueline. Ceci didn't just skate backwards, he had to turn and take a stride to his own zone before turn and still ended up turning towards his own net to take Verheage.

Not sure if Kulak peaked back to his right to see Foegle, but the far winger was covered, so Ceci and he could have focussed on Reinhart and Verhaeage. Kulak had the time to step up on Reinhart and close the gap, but I don't think he trusted Ceci to take Verheage heading to the net. So, he backed up and stayed in between the 2 Panthers.

Right shot down the right wing, basically at the Panther's faceoff spot. Not a terrible goal, but tied game for the Cup, need to make that save.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I'll need t
Foegel got back in time to take the wide F. For Kulak, you have to rewind to Reinhart reaching the Panther blueline. Ceci didn't just skate backwards, he had to turn and take a stride to his own zone before turn and still ended up turning towards his own net to take Verheage.

Not sure if Kulak peaked back to his right to see Foegle, but the far winger was covered, so Ceci and he could have focussed on Reinhart and Verhaeage. Kulak had the time to step up on Reinhart and close the gap, but I don't think he trusted Ceci to take Verheage heading to the net. So, he backed up and stayed in between the 2 Panthers.

Right shot down the right wing, basically at the Panther's faceoff spot. Not a terrible goal, but tied game for the Cup, need to make that save.
Anyone have the clip? I only saw Drai huffing and puffing , didn't see the opportunity to man up off that rush

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Plenty of blame to go around, Bouchard didn't help Kulak by leaving the front of the net to go defend an invisible player on the first goal.

On the second goal, Draisaitl could have taken a couple of more strides instead of coasting back and maybe he does a better job at disrupting Reinhart's shot.

Skinner should have also stopped the 2nd goal

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I'll need t

Anyone have the clip? I only saw Drai huffing and puffing , didn't see the opportunity to man up off that rush

This is the best long clip. Start at 35 second mark. You see Carter V skating the puck out behind the net. Drai sees Foegele turn and head back while Drai opts to try to check Carter V. Doesn't get there before the pass is made to Reinhart. Thus, Drai is caught.

Can see Ceci at the 38 second mark turn between the Panther blue line and center ice.

Kulak does appear to look to his right 3 separate times but really, seemed to not trust Ceci to take Carter Verheage. Backed up too far inside trying to stay in between the 2 F. Not sure he saw Foegle on the far side catch up to the wide Panther.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
it was pretty even steven, and its hard to pin the blame on any one player of the Oilers. They didn't make many mistakes. in all honesty you every shot against is a "mistake made" so might as well blame everyone out there that allowed a shot am i right?
It's was a team loss, tonight. Drai, Hyman and others never even showed up so... you can't fault the back end when you lose 2-1.

Reactions: lawrence

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad