What the Bruins are doing/What you'd like to see this off-season 2014 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
This is so ****ing cherry picked it's disgusting.

and it's also false. He had 5 goals, 9 points in the final 10 games down the stretch. 27 points in the last 23 games of the season(March+April)

In before the predictable regular season doesn't matter.

Agree 100%...

Game two vs Tampa? Game 6 vs Washington? Seguin? Anyone?

Typical Bruins fans when guys are traded...For whatever reason he's not here, I can respect the brass deciding that but jeez, stop discounting what players do after..

Funny w the Kessel had no will to win here either? Game 6 vs Montreal? Took a hit to make the final clear too... Playing 6 months w a torn labrum and scoring 36 goals? Um, really...

Regular season doesn't matter, except of course when the Bruins win the division, or the President's Trophy..

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
He scored very well for us and led our team in scoring. You have to also account for icetime. Id argue that seguin was our best scorer his last 2 years with us and his production rate was very impressive.

Seguin was never dealt because he couldnt put up very impressive offensive numbers. That isnt why we dealt kessel. We didnt deal thornton because of his failings offensively in the regular season eithet.

The bruins have a history of dealing away 4 top10 very talentef picks who all finished top 20 scoring ths year because they were all judgef to be guys we cant win with.

I didnt make these trades. Our team did. Our team went to the finals 2 of last 4 seasons. Its hard for mrd for me to argue with results.

I dont hate any of these ex bruins but i love the team first. We have been a better team with guys like chara and bergeron and lucic and krejci making 24 million dollars. Im willing to drink the coolaid.

Remember oates and neely and bouque had incredible individual success for us but all the posters here ***** and whine we didnt win a cup for 30 years. All the success of our hof heros was called not good enough. We needed a cup

Now we got a cup. Cant you all ever be happy?[/QUOTE]

Happy or content? I'm ecstatic the bruins won a Cup in my lifetime... Doesn't mean I don't wanna see another one or quite frankly expect to win another one.

Our window is now. People discount how ****ing dominant and once in a generation a defenseman like Chara is.. He's getting older...the time is NOW.

I'm not into Conference Championship tshirts, sorry.

member 96824

I'm not into Conference Championship tshirts, sorry.

hwl

:yo:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
The 10 games i see him playing are
8th 0 points
9th 1 assist
11th 1 goal
13th 0
16th 1 goal
18th 0
21 1 assist
23 0
25 0
27 0

Which amounts to 2 assists in final 5 games as dallas was desperately looking to him to play playoff hockey

Not sure what 10 games you are thinking of? Im just using his game log from nhl.com

Goal scoring is always like this..

Bergeron 5 goals first 25 games

All goal scorers go through it.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
our bottom 6 could be pretty good but are any of these guys going to throw any checks- Campbell tries, and Kelly can play the body, but other than that do we have anyone that can hit.

Been hearing lately from folks I know who say Boston has one of the most skilled forward groups but equally softest other than Lucic.

Bobby Robbins to me is just not a regular guy like Thornton as much as I like him, and the only other guys who I saw with any hitting technique are Knight and Camara who had to shut it down with multiple upper body injuries.

this team has no grit folks- hopefully teams will consider the reputation and let Boston just skate around

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I think it's generally accepted that "Down the stretch" doesn't imply playoff games.

Why 10 if you're going to include the playoff games? Because it cuts off the previous 4 games...in which he had goals in 4 straight games and 6 points.

Cherry picking at it's finest.

Wouldn't cherry picking include overvaluing end of the season games and overlooking the ones that count in the playoffs?

It was his performance in the playoffs that helped punch his ticket out of town- don't think it's cherry picking to look at his continued lack of sac when it counts.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Is there any chance someone like Camara could actually become a 4th liner this year?

Just seems like he might be better suited to play limited minutes but be that energy player.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
our bottom 6 could be pretty good but are any of these guys going to throw any checks- Campbell tries, and Kelly can play the body, but other than that do we have anyone that can hit.

Been hearing lately from folks I know who say Boston has one of the most skilled forward groups but equally softest other than Lucic.

Bobby Robbins to me is just not a regular guy like Thornton as much as I like him, and the only other guys who I saw with any hitting technique are Knight and Camara who had to shut it down with multiple upper body injuries.

this team has no grit folks- hopefully teams will consider the reputation and let Boston just skate around

I see what you did there.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Wouldn't cherry picking include overvaluing end of the season games and overlooking the ones that count in the playoffs?

It was his performance in the playoffs that helped punch his ticket out of town- don't think it's cherry picking to look at his continued lack of sac when it counts.

The Stars made the playoffs because Seguin was a monster down the stretch for them. So that's pretty unfair.

Par for the course on this board.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Other than Lucic and Campbell not one forward averages a hit per game...Would love to see bangers like Robins and Knight get a chance down on the ex-Merlot line this year...

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009

Not sure if serious.

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
Other than Lucic and Campbell not one forward averages a hit per game...Would love to see bangers like Robins and Knight get a chance down on the ex-Merlot line this year...
I really don't think Thornton ever really scared anybody with his hitting. i can't recall one of his hits. the hits numbers may be there but i think his physically from whistle to whistle is pretty meaningless.

Wait, just remembered his hit game 3 vs canucks on i believe Burrows?

I think the Bruins should get a banger on the 4th line, a low cost energy guy like Ryan White. yes another former Hab. He should be had for 600k. White can play center/wing, good on draws can kill penalties can fight. Obviously not as good as Thornton but he will throw.

White would allow for the Bruins to have 2 guys who can take draws on the 4th line, won't have to worry about getting Bergy/Krejci or Soderberg on the ice for "hard minutes' in dzone.

And i bet Bruins fans would fall for White.

member 96824

I'm pretty sure when you're Dallas, scraping in for a wild card spot...end of the season games count pretty significantly.

Not overlooking the playoff games, and while Seguin's numbers weren't up to his regular season numbers I thought he looked significantly better and was making things happen out there. Even was around the front of the net quite a bit(just like the Chicago 2014 and Washington 2012 series) but don't we agree that these are seperate? When you say "final 10 games down the stretch" that typically means the final 10 games down the stretch.

Not to mention the nonsense of "if you take out his best games" "If you take out his best stretch" "If you extend his worst stretch to an 82 game sample size" etc. etc.

Mike put it best, intellectual dishonesty.

If I say he had 29 points in his last 26 games including playoffs, it fits your bill of "not cherry picking" but says a complete different thing doesn't it?

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Fair enough- he's a regular season star.

Because the Stars lost in 6 to the Ducks?

Did you watch that series? The talent discrepancy was startling, but the Stars were right there, and deserved a better fate in Game 6.

Seguin had a good series. Still room to improve, but he wasn't invisible or anything. He was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA