GDT: What, Me Worry? Edm v Ott - 8 PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Im afraid to comment on the vest Elliott Friedman is wearing. I just got a warning for commenting on a hat. But Friedman's buttons are holding on for dear life!!! He has that vest stretched to the max
This Post intrigued me, so I scrolled back to figure out the context. I’ve always found you to be a fun, good natured & positive person and don’t think you would ever intentionally disrespect anyone based on race or religion.

With that in mind, I simply think you aren’t aware of how you might have come across. I’ve certainly made my own mistakes in expressing myself poorly, trying to joke around and missing the mark.

A couple of my close friends growing up were Sikh. I learned early that they consider their headdress a very important part of their religious & cultural identity. To make a joke about it was considered extremely offensive.

Again, I don’t think you meant to be disrespectful in a mean spirited manner. Further, I don’t think it’s fair to berate you by assuming you’re aware of the above.

I hope this doesn’t sound preachy or condescending. I’m just wanting to provide some information to help you & others who may not know much about Indian culture.

Please keep your positive energy and sense of humour. It’s one of my favourite aspects of visiting HF Oilers.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Bouchard should shoot more... I say it often... he has an accurate wrister and an accurate slapper... it's an element of his game that would benefit the Oilers a lot more if he shot 5+ times a game.

Reactions: Duke74 and Sanchez

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Connor brown loves to instantly cancel out any good play he makes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad