Value of: What Is Your Team's Best Offer For JVR?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
He is going to get a stupid contact that is going to be a burden in less than 3 years.

5.5 x 5 is too reasonable imo.

Reactions: FishManSam

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
Would Calgary be in the mix? They need scoring badly. Their bottom 6 isn't much. Tanner Glass, Chris Stewart, albeit he scored last night and Stajan aren't going to scare many teams away. They seem to always want slow and size over speed.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Would Calgary be in the mix? They need scoring badly. Their bottom 6 isn't much. Tanner Glass, Chris Stewart, albeit he scored last night and Stajan aren't going to scare many teams away. They seem to always want slow and size over speed.
How would he be playing at RW?

Last edited:

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
7x6 is currently the best offer, absolutely insane to me, but if you guys want him at that feel free.

Reactions: Leafs87

LiveLongandProspal

NY Rangers = America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
I think he wants to go to the Rangers and the Rangers will probably have the cap space to sign him.

That's my insider scoop. It's always been the dream of the Van Riemsdyks to play for the Rangers (ala Shattenkirk). He wants to go to the Rangers and the Rangers will have probably have the cap space to sign him, but the question is will they offer him a contract. He doesn't fit the rebuilding M.O. of Jeff Gorton, but I don't think it'll be a true rebuild so long as Henrik is the Rangers' goalie.

member 147413

I think he wants to go to the Rangers and the Rangers will probably have the cap space to sign him.

That's my insider scoop. It's always been the dream of the Van Riemsdyks to play for the Rangers (ala Shattenkirk). He wants to go to the Rangers and the Rangers will have probably have the cap space to sign him, but the question is will they offer him a contract. He doesn't fit the rebuilding M.O. of Jeff Gorton, but I don't think it'll be a true rebuild so long as Henrik is the Rangers' goalie.
He was a Devils fan growing up, not a Rangers fan.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
He was a Devils fan growing up, not a Rangers fan.
I thought he was a Flyers fan growing up but you're right, he was a Rangers fan(I know he's from NJ). Not that it really matters because I can see JVR going wherever he'll make the most money. This is his one chance to really cash in. Consistent 60 point, 30 goal scorers are rare and he's going to make a lot of money based on that.

LiveLongandProspal

NY Rangers = America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
It doesn't matter, but I have heard from a friend of the van Riemsdyks that it's always been James and Trevor's dream to play for the Rangers (ala Shattenkirk) and James would take less money to play at home for the Rangers. Whether or not the Rangers would be interested, I'm not sure. But JVR definitely wants to play for the Rangers.

"He couldn’t hold it back: the sly, almost apologetic grin developing before the reporter even finished his question. After all, James van Riemsdyk knew it was coming.

“Yes, it’s true,” the 18-year-old forward explained, surrounded by a media horde in the recesses of the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, mere minutes after being selected second overall by the Flyers at the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.

“I did grow up a huge Rangers fan.”

Van Riemsdyk was born on May 4, 1989, in Middletown, New Jersey, certainly no hockey hotbed, at least in terms of developing future professionals. But the area was and remains a stronghold of the New York Rangers. James’ father, Frans, grew up a diehard fan of the team, and passed his passion on to his son.

“My dad loves the game, first and foremost,” van Riemsdyk explained. “But he also loves the Rangers. I guess it was kind of odd for me to be drafted by the team’s biggest rival, in a way. But the important thing was, he taught me the game and raised me on hockey. It was something I have loved for as long as I can remember.”

The Devils fell that year to the New York Rangers in the Eastern Conference finals, en route to the Blueshirts’ first Stanley Cup win in 54 years. Van Riemsdyk, then only five, remembers the Rangers’ win, and the ensuing celebration, very well. He credits it as the event that sparked his already growing passion for the game.

“It was incredible,” he recalled. “Even at a very young age, it was great. I remember my dad jumping around, pumping his fist. It was something we shared, and always will. I hope everyone in Philly understands. Now, I hope to experience that again someday as a [member of the Flyers].”

As for individual memories of the Rangers’ historic run, one event stands out most: Goaltender Mike Richter’s penalty shot save on Vancouver Canuck’s superstar Pavel Bure in Game 4 of the finals.

“I remember my dad jumping out of his chair, nearly hitting his head on the ceiling,” van Riemsdyk recalled, with a laugh. “It was as funny as it was exciting. I’ll never forget that.”

“Oh, I would have to say Adam Graves,” he said, citing the retired power forward who was another linchpin of the Rangers’ success in 1994. “I loved the way he played the game. Very gritty, very passionate, just a guy who worked hard on every shift, scored ugly goals, did whatever he could to help his team win. He was my favorite player.”

It was Graves who van Riemsdyk attempted to pattern his game after from a young age. He probably would have caught the eye of scouts while dominating the youth leagues he started out in, but, well, there really weren’t any scouts around to impress."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad