Value of: What is value of Andrew Copp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
at least 2 1sts
That’s probably a little rich, especially considering most teams buying at the trade deadline don’t have an excess of 1sts. But would probably get a 1st and a prospect. Sometimes gms do go a little crazy at the deadline though so the equivalent value of two 1sts isn’t impossible

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
If a team acquires Copp at the deadline as a rental, Winnipeg may have to retain as most of the contending teams are up against the cap, if Winnipeg does retain it could also return more value, a 1st round pick to Winnipeg would be an ideal return but some teams may scoff at giving up a 1st round pick.

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
Whether or not it's the right call, I don't think the Jets will trade him unless they are clearly out by the deadline.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
It is what it is, Wheeler is on a legacy contract. No one is trading for that contract with two full seasons left.

Also is M-NTC starting next year still has the no move so he can't be waived and only has a 5 team trade list. All he has to do is list Tampa, Vegas, Toronto, NY Rangers, and Clagary/Edmonton etc and he basically has a no move.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Also is M-NTC starting next year still has the no move so he can't be waived and only has a 5 team trade list. All he has to do is list Tampa, Vegas, Toronto, NY Rangers, and Clagary/Edmonton etc and he basically has a no move.

Yeah for sure, talk about dealing him is pointless

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Jets could extend long term Copp & PLD by trading Wheeler. I'd rather we add a pick or 2 to Wheeler than retain.
As a fan, this is the way to do it. Sadly, the Jets loyalty holds them back from making the necessary moves they need to make more often than not.

Reactions: hn777

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Copp had 2 assists in 8 playoff games last year and 12 pts in 34 career playoff games. That will set his price more than anything else.

I think he'll be more of a 2nd+3rd type acquisition, if he goes on the market. Most likely the Jets will not sell at all though, unless they fall way out of the playoff picture.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
I'd do something like Ruzicka+ 2nd/3rd depending on playoff success? I think Ruzicka would fit in nicely with the Jets

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad