What is Louie?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What is Louie?

• Total voters

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
I just looked at all of the NHL's team mascots and I am left shaking my head. Few of them make any sense.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I just looked at all of the NHL's team mascots and I am left shaking my head. Few of them make any sense.
I think there is a decent chance that you aren't the target market. Mascots exist to market a team to small children and people who don't have the attention span to enjoy a 3+ hour event that only includes 60 minutes of on-ice action.

Reactions: Sushiko

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
When Louie was new, I took my kids to a game. My daughter was probably 4 or 5. She acted like she was excited about Louie and would track him around the arena during the game (instead of watching the game). But if he came close, she'd get increasingly anxious and agitated. I had tried to take her to see him, but she was scared.

I bet that never happens with Gritty.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
I think there is a decent chance that you aren't the target market. Mascots exist to market a team to small children and people who don't have the attention span to enjoy a 3+ hour event that only includes 60 minutes of on-ice action.
Well, if you wanna market to my deranged soul, then may I present to you Guts the Eviscerated!

He would be a grizzly, toothless maniac effigy of an eternally-opposing player with a broken stick poking out of his eviscerated bowels.

Kids could take turns beating him. How's that for family fun?!

I would also change the team name from the Blues to the Voodoo.

For the home opener the St. Louis Voodoo could give away 1000 voodoo dolls of opposing players to children 4 y/o or older.

During commercial breaks we all play a game called Voodoo Crazy Cam during which kids destroy their dolls.

Gritty looks like something out of Sesame Street on Acid, which was not a short-lived Broadway musical.

Last edited:

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Louie is a big ugly pants-less rat and I absolutely wouldn’t want it any other way :D:D

edit: though a walking trumpet would be cool lmaoo

Jim ODonnell

Dec 20, 2018
Ok? And the Blues say he's a polar bear. It's doesn't really matter what anyone says he looks like when the team that owns his trademark have a Bio that says he's a polar bear.

It certainly matters what Ajax thinks Louie looks like, when the thread 's title asks "What Is Louie?"

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad