What happened to Kyle Brodziak?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

INTOTHEVOID

Go right.
Jul 9, 2012
Minnesota
I remember watching him play last season and all year he was in my top 3 players on the team.. every game he seemed to play with heart, putting everything out there on the line, just a very solid player.

This season? Not so much... seems to be playing with no passion at all, am I the only one to notice this?

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Yeah he hasn't been as consistent as he was last year and the year before. He's had moments where he looked like he used to, but overall not nearly as solid.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
had a baby. it's a curse. he's been steadily getting better, but really had some head scratching moments tonight.

at the beginning of the year i thought he looked physically unwell. pale, gaunt. more to this story i think.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
It's just crazy that the weakest part of his game has been the defensive zone, when that was his money maker before!

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Without a doubt the most disappointing player this season. He is only still in the thick of things because of what we know he can do. If he was a rookie or unproven he would be scratched all the time. Hopefully he gets his sht together. We need him.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Well he seemed like a 10-15 goal, 30-40 point player. His stats were bumped with that ice time last year, but even still, he's dropped off quite a bit.

Points per 60 minutes 5 on 5:
2012-13: 0.51
2011-12: 1.64
2010-11: 1.63
2009-10: 1.60

He was about as consistent as you could possible be with the Wild until this year.

Personally I think he could have benefited from playing overseas. He was showing some offensive game last year, should have kept at it.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i think brodz is so overdue to get lucky. i feel bad for a player workin his tail off w no results. tonight is your nite bro!

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Last season he used to win every puck battle and be incredibly hard to knock off the puck. He just doesn't have that fight this year. Maybe last year he just realized that he had to step up, because nobody else was doing it. This year, he thinks there are enough other people to carry the load.

Also, as I said a bunch of times before, Brodziak and Clutterbuck are terrible together. They cancel each other out.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Anyone else see his feeble attempt to clear the puck at the end of the game last night???

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Anyone else see his feeble attempt to clear the puck at the end of the game last night???

Heh, yeah...

I keep waiting for him to wake up, and I still believe he will, but MAN he needs to do it soon.

I couldn't stop shaking my head after that sad sad clearing attempt:shakehead

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Also his selfish backhand towards the empty net which turned the puck over and started it the other way vs tying up along the boards and killing time, as well as failing to win the puck race along the right boards before his failed clearing attempt.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
part of his production last year was the PP time he got aswell, i don't think he had sniffed any PP time this year until last night when yeo used him as the screen.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
had a baby. it's a curse. he's been steadily getting better, but really had some head scratching moments tonight.

at the beginning of the year i thought he looked physically unwell. pale, gaunt. more to this story i think.

I noticed the same thing. He looks too thin for sure.

10dynasty38*

Brodziak needs to be permanetly demoted to the 4th line until he gets his act together. The NHL isn't someplace where you can be patient and wait out someones inner demons and perhaps family issues or what not. You don't produce you don't play. Too many people expect too much from this team for them to coddle a player that is going through a tough stretch. Larsson Coyle Zucker Phillips will all gladly take his place if he don't pull himself out of his rut.

ChexLeMeneux

May 15, 2010
Brodziak needs to be permanetly demoted to the 4th line until he gets his act together. The NHL isn't someplace where you can be patient and wait out someones inner demons and perhaps family issues or what not. You don't produce you don't play. Too many people expect too much from this team for them to coddle a player that is going through a tough stretch. Larsson Coyle Zucker Phillips will all gladly take his place if he don't pull himself out of his rut.

Makes it even worse that it is a shortened season. Hopefully his goal tonight will help him get back on the right track.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
He is no longer the unsung hero of this team. I honestly believe that is why players like Bouchard, Brodziak and Clutterbuck have been very silent throughout the this season so far. They are no longer the ones fans are cheering for because they are potting the go-aheads or game tying goals. They are playing the roles they were always intended for. Last year both were on the PP and PK and had more ice time than the 2nd line typically did. Now...not so much.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
He is no longer the unsung hero of this team. I honestly believe that is why players like Bouchard, Brodziak and Clutterbuck have been very silent throughout the this season so far. They are no longer the ones fans are cheering for because they are potting the go-aheads or game tying goals. They are playing the roles they were always intended for. Last year both were on the PP and PK and had more ice time than the 2nd line typically did. Now...not so much.

In 09/10 Brodziak had 32pts while getting 0:16 PP/g and 15:19 TOI/g.

Hes playing in almost the exact same situation this year and is on pace for 16pts over 82 games.

His TOI per point has hovered around 35-40 last 4 years, this year hes getting 1pt per 82 minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad