Speculation: What does our record need to be down the stretch to make playoffs?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
would .500 do it? that gives us 94 points going 7-7, I think we could definitely go 10-4 though, or at least 9-5

Mod edit..

New playoff alignment...
Matchup breakdown:

The division leader in each conference with the most points plays the wild card team with the fewest points.
The division leader with the second highest amount of points plays the wild card team with the most points
the second and third seeds in each division face one another in the first round.

Last edited by a moderator:

780rx

May 4, 2013
pretty sure 94 points would get at least a wildcard spot.

But at this point no one will be happy with that. Don't let up. Go hard and carry momentum in the playoffs. Ride it out. Underdogs have won it all plenty of times.

GLG

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Atlantic/Toronto.html

Basically, 91-92 points will most likely be the playoff threshold.

Toronto doesn't have the most difficult stretch remaining, the Bruins & Blues are the only teams remaining who have more points than them, but 2 Red Wing games, 2 Lightning Games, and 1 Hab game means there's lots of opportunity to control their own destiny with regards to playoff positioning.

As others have mentioned, we can't be thinking playoffs. We need to be thinking home ice advantage.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Atlantic/Toronto.html

Basically, 91-92 points will most likely be the playoff threshold.

Toronto doesn't have the most difficult stretch remaining, the Bruins & Blues are the only teams remaining who have more points than them, but 2 Red Wing games, 2 Lightning Games, and 1 Hab game means there's lots of opportunity to control their own destiny with regards to playoff positioning.

That may be a major issue, winning or losing the majority of those games can either put a stranglehold on the position or knock us out.

Next week is huge, Detroit, Tampa and Habs 3 in a row, i think after those we'll know for sure.

BlackAdam

May 5, 2013
with 80 points, i'd say 6 more wins should do it.
92 is usually good enough for the 8th seed especially in a really week eastern conference.

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
with 80 points, i'd say 6 more wins should do it.
92 is usually good enough for the 8th seed especially in a really week eastern conference.

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 1m
For the skittish... Leafs really only need six wins in final 14 games to get in. Highly doubtful it takes more.

My Sweet Shadow

Sep 5, 2008
Sioux Lookout, ON
I would say a .500 record record should almost guarantee us a spot. Typically, 8th place ends up being around 92-94 points. 7-7-0 would put as at 94 points and this is a particularly weak year for the East, so that total would likely be more than enough.

Ideally, we got 2-3 games over .500 (something around 8-5-1), which would likely keep us in 2nd/3rd place in the division.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Before the Olympic break, Mirtle predicted that going .500 (11-11) should be enough which would put the Leafs at 92 points to end the season. By that measuring stick, they need 6 more wins in their remaining 14 games.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I feel people are forgetting about the loser points there are various combinations that will gets us 12 points ex. 1-3-10 or 20 to reach a 100 ex 6-0-8. Are main concern should be getting the two seed at the moment.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
One game at a time. Right now all I'm worried about is winning against Washington on sunday (quite winnable).

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
shouldn't we know soon when pittsburgh/boston clinch? like - teams are going to have to be mathematically eliminated soon, right?

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
shouldn't we know soon when pittsburgh/boston clinch? like - teams are going to have to be mathematically eliminated soon, right?

Still possible for Detroit to get 105 points. If things go right we could see boston/pittsburgh clinching in about a week.

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
I'm glad we are starting to pulling away from the 9th and 10th placed teams. A loss tonight would have made things look a lot more tighter.

mikebel111*

This was a big 4 points here on this deadly trip.
Create some more room!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad