What do we do with our 2024 1st

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What do we do with our 1st rd pick ??

• Move up in the draft for someone

Votes: 16 16.2%
  • Stand pat

Votes: 51 51.5%
  • Trade the pick for a younger player with term

Votes: 32 32.3%

• Total voters

Mr Nimbus

May 27, 2022
London
I'd like a trade up if someone Yzerman really likes starts to drop. But I'm basically like this figuring out drafts recently:
fb1.jpg

Reactions: Holden Caufield

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown
I've got Markstrom circled as the perfect candidate. Two years left on his contract. He was a bright spot for that Calgary team and kept them in a lot of games they didn't deserve to be in, so his stats don't look amazing, but he played well on the whole.

Calgary was in trade talks with NJ and LA about Markstrom at the deadline, but Markstrom has a NMC that complicated things. According to rumors, so grain of salt, Markstrom shut down a trade to LA because he didn't want to live on the West Coast. Is Detroit suitable for him? He wants to be on a playoff team, by all indications. Does he think if he's in Detroit he can make them one? Moreso than NJ or other suitors? Markstrom will have a say where he goes.

But what isn't rumor is that Markstrom is well aware he's on the trade block and is talking like a guy with one foot already out the door.

Asked where he saw himself playing next season, the Flames netminder offered up a simple, “I don’t know.”
Coupled with Craig Conroy’s suggestion, “time will tell,” it’s not much of a stretch to conclude the final two years of Markstrom’s contract will be played elsewhere.
I live in Calgary, early this year, (before the trade rumors started) one of the guys from goalie magazine was on the radio and said according to whatever advanced stuff they use, markstrom was having a vezina type season. Take that for whatever it's worth.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I live in Calgary, early this year, (before the trade rumors started) one of the guys from goalie magazine was on the radio and said according to whatever advanced stuff they use, markstrom was having a vezina type season. Take that for whatever it's worth.
From December to February be posted pretty good stats.

For the year as a whole, not so much.

Factually speaking if you combine the last 2 seasons, he is floating at about .900 sv%. That’s below average for a starting goalie. It’s not like he plays on a team that lacks talent overall or lacks talent on their blue line, either.

I think Calgary fans are still valuing him like he’s coming fresh off that 2021-22 campaign where he deservingly got some Vezina consideration, whereas presently he’s closer to a reclamation project at this point.

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown
From December to February be posted pretty good stats.

For the year as a whole, not so much.

Factually speaking if you combine the last 2 seasons, he is floating at about .900 sv%. That’s below average for a starting goalie. It’s not like he plays on a team that lacks talent overall or lacks talent on their blue line, either.

I think Calgary fans are still valuing him like he’s coming fresh off that 2021-22 campaign where he deservingly got some Vezina consideration, whereas presently he’s closer to a reclamation project at this point.
He is not near as bad as you say. Despite the names Calgarys defense hasn't been near as good as you would think. Places like the NHL and goalie magazine use stats that are regarded as far more advanced than stuff like save percentage. He specifically said markstrom has been outstanding despite the commonly used stats. Now I'm not saying I would be willing to drop 15 for him, don't get me wrong.

Reactions: LongTimeDRWF

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I would be pretty open to trading pick #15 if the opportunity presents itself. I would package it in something that would return Zegras or Chycrun, if possible. I know most people probably disagree with that, that's fine.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I would be pretty open to trading pick #15 if the opportunity presents itself. I would package it in something that would return Zegras or Chycrun, if possible. I know most people probably disagree with that, that's fine.
I'd love the approach. I'm not a huge fan of either of the specific targets you listed, but that's just a difference of opinion.

If I could waive a magic wand, Detroit would include 2024 and 2025 first rounders in a package to land an even bigger fish. But it takes two to tango.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Cossa is one more season away . Goalie is the last position I'd look at . Rather look for a physical power forward top 6 type if it's even possible
What if Husso needs to be LTIR'd? Goaltending kept us out of the playoffs last season. I'm not saying we need to spend big on the position, but I would probably roll with three again and try to avoid the Remier situation with a guy who is on his way out of the league.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Zegras would be a nice addition. We do lack size amongst our forwards, but he would add some much needed skill and goal production.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
What if Husso needs to be LTIR'd? Goaltending kept us out of the playoffs last season. I'm not saying we need to spend big on the position, but I would probably roll with three again and try to avoid the Remier situation with a guy who is on his way out of the league.

Yzerman already said that they are not considering 3 veteran goalies and both signed guys are full healthy.

It's obvious that Cossa is the 3rd option, if there's new injuries.

Mr Nimbus

May 27, 2022
London
Hopefully like most drafts, someone starts falling inexplicably. And hopefully that's Eiserman. I just want a flat out goal scorer.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad