Speculation: What do the Toronto Maple Leafs do?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
They will likely do some remodeling along the edges.

If Marner comes back, they're still coming back with the same mental midget core.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Nothing. Leafs will roll it back. extend marner + tavares and the corp media shills will back them up 100%.

Albz

Jun 30, 2018
Lmao really ? The draft hasn't even happened or free agency hasn't opened and here is you panicking lol

• Haha
Reactions: Dog

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008
Miss out on the big RHD free agents, panic overpay Zadorov and Lyubushkin, give up and extend Marner, then pretend running it back was the plan all along.

Oh and sign a goalie. Probably.

• Wow
Reactions: LeafGrief and Dog

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
No, it’s annoying to hear how good he is when he is not all that. He is not worth 12M per year extension. 8 years of the same thing, they need to move on. He is soft, gutless, and takes 0 accountability for anything.
Because 90 point wingers grow on trees? lol

there is no use arguing with Leafs fans

they lack the required braincells to have logical discussions

Albz

Jun 30, 2018
Because 90 point wingers grow on trees? lol

there is no use arguing with Leafs fans

they lack the required braincells to have logical discussions
90? He's a 99point winger in 80 games. As a leafs fan, I agree. This fan base is toxic . I completely get why players dnt come here

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
90? He's a 99point winger in 80 games. As a leafs fan, I agree. This fan base is toxic . I completely get why players dnt come here
Thats 90 points I'm either going to say 90 point or 100 point winger

saying 99 point winger sounds weird

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Bring in new bottom six forwards and 3rd pair D, one new goalie
1. Support the core
2. Take the blame when core fails in play offs.

Gaberd2608

Jul 14, 2022
Unless a trade is about to happen we don't know about, the plan appears to be to target Roy and Tanev in free agency and hope the number is low enough to bring back the cheaper option between Domi and Bertuzzi. Then, get a cheap tandem goalie and maybe a league min vet forward and see what the kids can do upfront.

Defense would look something like

Rielly - Tanev
McCabe - Roy
Benoit - Liljegren

That's the best top 4 I can remember the Leafs having. Not top of the league but easily in the top 10 discussion. The forwards will look a bit uglier

Knies - Matthews - Domi
McMann - Tavares - Nylander
Robertson/Cowan/whoever from the several NHL ready forward prospects) - Holmberg - Marner
XXX - Dewar - Reaves

It's going to depend on a few prospects taking that next step and at least one of our top F prospects to show they are NHL ready on the third line
You dont have marner on your roster. Assuming is traded we would have something coming back plus probably cap space. If we remove Marner we have the ability to put together a much more balanced lineup. You also dont have jarnkrok or kampf. Removing Marner, Kampf,.and Jarnkrok would.be about $35 million in cap space. We would be in great shape at that point.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
This isn't needed here. This should just be a roster talk thread on their own section.

Reactions: eojsmada

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Sign marner to a fat contract. Reshuffle the chairs around the rest of the lineup since there is no more cap after marner.

Lose in the first round.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
1000016796.png

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Drafting a player tonight is good. We need to keep an eye on the future, trading all of our picks and prospects has gotten us deeper into this mess than we should be, so doubling down is not the play.

Ideally, we trade Marner, make a few splashes in UFA and then have a reevaluation year while JT's deal finishes. In all reality, our coward management sit on their hands, sign Marner until doomsday for huge money, then hope for miracle UFA's and that first round pick to be the unknown bastard grandchild of Guy Lafleur.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
You dont have marner on your roster. Assuming is traded we would have something coming back plus probably cap space. If we remove Marner we have the ability to put together a much more balanced lineup. You also dont have jarnkrok or kampf. Removing Marner, Kampf,.and Jarnkrok would.be about $35 million in cap space. We would be in great shape at that point.

Yes I do he is on the third line. I think Kampf is dealt to SJ or something. Jarnkrok probably for a 4th to some team who wants a top 9 winger for cheap. We need his cap hit elsewhere

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
At the very least and the most reasonable aim: Endure this season, knowing that $22M in cap space becomes available July 1st 2025.

Make moves for the near future, while not sacrificing the present. And that might include pieces we think we can flip at the deadline.

Unless the 1st round pick yields an early to mid-career player of worth at a position we need at a cap that makes sense or us, we keep the pick and let Clark maximize its value.

We steward what little money we're going to have wisely, understanding, we are NOT fixing our problems this season.

I think we consider this year a rehearsal and see it as Berube's yearlong practice to rid our team of our bad non-playoffs habits (i.e. Fear of the forecheck, fear of the of center of the ice and especially the opposition's net).

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Obvious play is to move matthews

Quitting on the team in the playoffs should be the final straw…. Even nylander is getting tired of him.

• Haha
Reactions: HockeyVirus

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
The 2024 draft is about 6 hours away and the Maple Leafs have not addressed the D or the goaltending, will they be able to do something? Teams around them have improved, the Leafs need to do something.

Free agency hasn't even started yet, take a valium.

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad