What current team Canada players do you not see as NHL regulars

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Its impossible to predict this, all have been good enough to make Canada's World Junior Hockey team, every player on this team is amongst the best junior hockey players Canada has right now, period.

20 of them were drafted in the first round, and 6 of them are returning players from the 2020 gold medal winning team last year, there's a high chance the vast majority, if not all of them will become regular NHLers.

1967th Heaven

Aug 31, 2012
Its impossible to predict this, all have been good enough to make Canada's World Junior Hockey team, every player on this team is amongst the best junior hockey players Canada has right now, period.

20 of them were drafted in the first round, and 6 of them are returning players from the 2020 gold medal winning team last year, there's a high chance the vast majority, if not all of them will become regular NHLers.

I'm a huge fan of these couple draft classes but this is still highly unlikely unfortunately. As for which ones will/won't make it? Who knows, but based on numbers alone this won't happen :(

Reactions: mattihp

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Not sure if I’d out money against any one player, but I’d look in net and on D if I had to.

Schneider, Korzack, Spence, goalies.

Reactions: Sick Nuzuki

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Have a look at past teams. Something like half of them don't make it as NHL regulars and that includes usually a few first rounders. The 2010 team for example had Greg Nemisz, Colton Teubert, and Jordan Caron, all 1st rounders.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

you will be surprised how many 1st rounders arent regular nhl players

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
This is mosty just wild guessing.

G

Garand
Gauthier

D

Spence
Schneider
Korczak
Barron

F

Zary

Most years there will be more Team Canada forwards that don't make it as NHL regulars, but this is a good year.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Realistically, the goalies are all long shots. All the skaters seem likely to play in the NHL, but it's highly likely a few won't be regulars. If you are asking which of the skaters I think are the worst prospects on the team, I would say Korczak, Guhle, and Spence are the immediate three that come to mind. Maybe Schneider, Barron, Suzuki, Pelletier, and Holloway for a secondary group.

Tutu to

Jan 19, 2013
Toronto
Realistically, the goalies are all long shots. All the skaters seem likely to play in the NHL, but it's highly likely a few won't be regulars. If you are asking which of the skaters I think are the worst prospects on the team, I would say Korczak, Guhle, and Spence are the immediate three that come to mind. Maybe Schneider, Barron, Suzuki, Pelletier, and Holloway for a secondary group.
Might be in the minority but I rate Pelletier over Mercer

Auston Marlander

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Have a look at past teams. Something like half of them don't make it as NHL regulars and that includes usually a few first rounders. The 2010 team for example had Greg Nemisz, Colton Teubert, and Jordan Caron, all 1st rounders.

While true, this team has the most 1st rounders of any team, ever. Based on the 74% probability if playing 100 games or more, we can expect 16 players to become NHL regulars.

JPeeper

R.I.P. Johnny and Matthew Gaudreau
Jan 4, 2015

Pelletier has been one of Canada's best players. lol

He'll be a Flame regular by 2022.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Dunno about the other players but I honestly think McMichael is just Cody Hodgson lite. I don't get the fuss about him at all. At least guys like Mercer and Holloway can carve out careers in the bottom 6.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Might be in the minority but I rate Pelletier over Mercer
Pelletier will absolutely be an NHL player, it just remains to be seen if its more of a second line player or a 4th line energy guy.

Korzack is likely a future AHL callup/#8D kind of guy. He isn't really great at anything, just a very safe player to fill in for injuries

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Dunno about the other players but I honestly think McMichael is just Cody Hodgson lite. I don't get the fuss about him at all. At least guys like Mercer and Holloway can carve out careers in the bottom 6.
I think with Hodgson most understood the hype when seeing him play against other kids..

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018

You think McMichael has the lite version of a genetic mutation that causes his muscles to destroy themselves that won't get diagnosed late into his career and yet he will still play 300 games?

If Holloway can be a healthy Hodgson, that would be amazing

Last edited:

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
Only Levi has a chance to become NHL regular. The rest of the team will end up in the minors. Absolute lack of creativity which is heavily punished in NHL compared to team Canada.

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
Only Levi has a chance to become NHL regular. The rest of the team will end up in the minors. Absolute lack of creativity which is heavily punished in NHL compared to team Canada.
Maybe I'm slow, but I don't understand the irony, i.e. what you're referring to?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad