Pre-Game Talk: Western Conference Finals - Series Discussion (Bring on the Avs!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Series prediction?

• Avalanche in 4

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Avalanche in 5

Votes: 12 4.2%
  • Avalanche in 6

Votes: 45 15.8%
  • Avalanche in 7

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Oilers in 7

Votes: 80 28.2%
  • Oilers in 6

Votes: 110 38.7%
  • Oilers in 5

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • Oilers in 4

Votes: 10 3.5%

• Total voters

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
I’m already preemptively mad about 3 things this series:

-how the Avs dive anytime anyone looks at them and their incessant whining for calls. And how it f***ing works. The Refalanche have finished 1st in PP’s drawn in the league in the regular season the last 4 years

-how much I hate Kadri and the inevitable bullshit he will pull this series (and get away with)

-Colorado’s dumbf*** fans

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Kadri is the most important player in this series. He has shown to be capable of shutting McDavid down in the past. If he's on the top of his game shadowing and frustrating while still putting up points we'll be in trouble.

Goaltending as well huge.

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
Kadri is the most important player in this series. He has shown to be capable of shutting McDavid down in the past. If he's on the top of his game shadowing and frustrating while still putting up points we'll be in trouble.

Goaltending as well huge.
19 year old McDavid, who is 10% of current McDavid. And Kadri is scared shitless of Evander Kane.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

-how the Avs dive anytime anyone looks at them and their incessant whining for calls. And how it f***ing works. The Refalanche have finished 1st in PP’s drawn in the league in the regular season the last 4 years

-how much I hate Kadri and the inevitable bullshit he will pull this series (and get away with)

This. Holy f*** what an entitled group.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

I will say this: there’s a possibility the league is OK with McDavid driving the hype and drawing in viewers this postseason. Ever since he’s gone supernova against LA, the reffing has actually been surprisingly decent for us, outside of Chris Lee … but that was probably incompetence and not bias.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
True, but he plays a unique brand of hockey he gets under players skins about as well as anyone and he does a lot of dirty subtle things. Plus he is very good at walking the line on what the refs will and won't call, he will clutch and grab the hell out of McDavid and let him go that split second before a ref would call him for it.
McDavid's been fighting through that all playoffs. Lets just say Kadri isn't even in the top 5 players I'm worried about on the Avs.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
First, being in Ontario I'm stoked to see the games are at 8:00 EST.

Second, Is it strange that this is the least stressed I am about going into a series?

Round 1 - Would have been embarrassing to lose again in round 1 to an Underdog. I would be worried about McDrai's level of confidence in the frnachize

Round 2 - I couldn't handle losing to those ***holes!

Round 3 - To me, the season is already successful. The team could lose this series and not be losing faith over the result. The Avs core is slightly more due than ours is to make the next step. I think Edmonton can win this series. I just won't be embarrassed if they don't.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Have to assume Avs fans are saying the same about Keith, Ceci and Barrie stopping MacKinnon
Oh I don’t disagree, but I don’t see anyone really saying that those guys will be able to slow down Mackinnon. The mains is full of ‘wait till McDavid faces a real defense and goaltender’ posts which is just funny to me looking at who they’ve actually got on their blue line.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
All the Matthews hoopla feels so silly now. It's funny when you realize it was always purely based on stats. It's like how Vasilevskiy wasn't even nominated for the Vezina. The NHL needs to reconsider how they vote for things.
and WHO they let vote, nowadays it’s just a bunch of fanboys masquerading as “journalists”, they just pick their guy or vote against the guy they don’t want to win.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009

Yep. Fully expecting Kadri to pull some cheap shit and injure one of our star players

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
All the Matthews hoopla feels so silly now. It's funny when you realize it was always purely based on stats. It's like how Vasilevskiy wasn't even nominated for the Vezina. The NHL needs to reconsider how they vote for things.

What's stupid is the media, namely Toronto, is openly admitting the way they vote the Hart, its a narrative driven award. Like outright saying they are looking for storylines rather than legit looking for Most Valuable [to his team]

Yep. Fully expecting Kadri to pull some cheap shit and injure one of our star players

Yep. Once they get frustrated [and they do, esp hot head Mackinnon], they'll do stupid shit just to get an 'advantage'.

Reactions: oilers'72

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
First, being in Ontario I'm stoked to see the games are at 8:00 EST.

Second, Is it strange that this is the least stressed I am about going into a series?

Round 1 - Would have been embarrassing to lose again in round 1 to an Underdog. I would be worried about McDrai's level of confidence in the frnachize

Round 2 - I couldn't handle losing to those ***holes!

Round 3 - To me, the season is already successful. The team could lose this series and not be losing faith over the result. The Avs core is slightly more due than ours is to make the next step. I think Edmonton can win this series. I just won't be embarrassed if they don't.
good on you for that attitude, it's the right one. Unfortunately some of the bandwagoners on here will go back to bashing Holland and saying it was always cup or nothing. Then a whole lot armchair GM takes about unrealistic cap management

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I find that crazy someone that won with Detroit is still in the league. Must have been his rookie year?
The Penguins won the following year and I don't think Crosby, Malkin, Fleury, etc plan to retire by next year... In fact the Red Wings won in Gagner's rookie season. We drafted Eberle at the end of that season. It wasn't as long ago as you perceive it to be, I think.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
I think the Oil can win this, but are going to have to be much tighter defensively. Can’t give them numerous odd man rushes or breakaways. That highlight package earlier in this thread showed several.

Goaltending and defensive play will be the key to winning this series.

Reactions: oilers'72

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I guess you and many others have not watched Kuemper play. He's worse than Markstrom. The only reason why the Avs are in this is because they are a high octane and puck possession team. Lots of shots are coming from the perimeter. Look at who the Avs faced so far, neither the Predators or Blues have lethal weapons like McDavid, Kane and Draisaitl. Blues have one Tarasenko but he has done a whole lot of nothing.
Kyrou was very impressive last night for the Blues imo.

Reactions: dssource

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad