Pre-Game Talk: Week in the Wild West (@SJ, @LA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I do think Beauchemin is being over extended, but Redmond certainly is not better.

Roman Will called up. Varly had his civil trial today so I wonder if it's related.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'm going with injury, I know for a fact that Will thing was not there earlier and they wouldn't screw themselves with the roster especially with something they knew well ahead of time.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Civil trials are usually for money and maybe restraining orders? 0.1% chance it's a trade because if Varly were to be injured...who wants a Will/Martin tandem in the NHL right now? Has to be an injury.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Man, those views on Beauch and Redmond. What is that dude smokin?

We still have Guenin wasting away on the roster.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Adrian Dater ‏@adater 57s57 seconds ago
Semyon Varlamov (personal reasons) did not accompany Avs to San Jose. First day of civil suit against him starts tomorrow

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Pickard was playing anyways so this doesn't change much. Maybe he'll get both games though.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
:biglaugh:

"Quality" Mike Chambers reporting:

Pickard and Berra have identical .922 save percentages, and Berra's goals-against average of .941 is just a smidge higher than Pickard's .940. But the Avs will keep just two healthy backups, and given Pickard's two-way contract and waiver-exempt status, he'll probably be the one reassigned to San Antonio of the American Hockey League.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It still is strange, not like they didn't know this. Plus Avs would not want to actually use Roman Will in any capacity. If this stupidity results in Bigras going down... or do they have personal leave non-roster some such?

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
FIRST STAR – SEMYON VARLAMOV, G, COLORADO AVALANCHE

Varlamov posted a 4-0-0 record with a 0.99 goals-against average and .972 save percentage to lift the Avalanche (26-21-3, 55 points) into the first Wild Card spot in the Western Conference.

Jesus. Varly is really back to god mode...

Lets just hope that our D improves with EJ back and Bigras staying in and that neither his trial nor the Allstar break slow him down.

Is Berra healthy? Could he get the game against LA or would Pickard play in a b2b? We surely don't want to see Will in net against LA?

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I have no idea what this even is but how long this it last and how long will it keep him out of the lineup?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I say let's not worry too much about it until some more details are known (my guess is his lawyer suggested he stay)... A player only has to go down on paper. Since Guenin can go down at anytime (for limited time), he could be a paper swap for a day or 4.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Yeah I saw that, this might be the time to back away from analytics just a touch. Is it fair to keep an eye on Beauchemin's usage and effectiveness, yes but to suggest he's a bottom pairing D and that Redmond is better is just so far outside reality and common sense that they really should just stop.

He literally said that there is better waiver D, lol

I can't get over that one

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm sure Pickard could handle a back to back if needed. Full confidence in him.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
it just seems like a total emergency, that's the part I don't get. I mean if you know that Varly won't be available to travel then you plan for it. Didn't Roy literally say today that Varly would be playing in LA? Its not like Roy in total balls to the wall playoff mode to be left short a goalie when Will is your next option. The kid gets too much crap but it should not be an option at all to see the him in the net. Now SA has to go out and sign another goalie to a PTO and the Avs have to send someone down that they don't want to. It is a total mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad