Buffalo Bills Week 8 -- Buffalo (5-2) @ Seahawks (4-3) Sunday 10/27, 4:05 pm, Fox

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Eh. Wc-2/3 is pretty wide open. You have the division winners (Baltimore, Buffalo, KC, and Houston) and wc-1 (Pittsburgh)

After that….the colts? Chargers? Denver? I think 10 wins likely gets in (or even 9) So 8-2 down the stretch. The big issue is they lost the tie breaker to Denver.

Most likely scenario is they get hot and are in the race and lose a few games down the stretch and we eliminate them in Buffalo in week 17
My view of the AFC right now...

It looks like Bills, texans, chiefs, north will be close.

Seed #5 might afc N 2nd place

Then thec ast 2 WC could come down th o 9-8 tesms-- chargers, Broncos, colts, 3rd place afc n, jets. dolphins, possibly Jags or raiders

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
There is no way Beane gives up that much for a DE that might be a rental with Von coming back after the Seattle game.

I could see him giving up one 2nd that can become a 1st if they get to the SB and Garrett plays or something like that, though.

They are still in a spot where the cap will be tight and they need the premium picks to supplement the roster with quality guys on rookie deals.
Depends on how all in he really is. I also would go up to that point if they ate a ton of money. I'd start at a 3 with the condition of the AFCCC it goes to a 2

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I just have a hard time seeing them going 7-3 to finish the year. That's what they need to hit to even have a chance.

Eh, the next 4 games are really critical for the jets season. @NE, Houston, @Arizona, Indy.

IF they can get to 6-5, I'll say they have a chance. 5-6...maybe. But that 7 loss threshold is probably the killer for them.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Depends on how all in he really is. I also would go up to that point if they ate a ton of money. I'd start at a 3 with the condition of the AFCCC it goes to a 2
There is no more money to eat as they already converted all the 2024 base salary they could to a signing bonus. Garrett right now is like Cooper was before the Bills traded for him in that Cleveland has done everything they can to make the contract trade friendly.

With what they have at DE, with Miller looking good before the suspension, and needs in other areas, I would be shocked if Beane saw that being the needed move to make, especially if the trade cost is as high as I have seen Bills fans talk about.

I wouldn't be shocked if spots like DT, S, and if Samuel's injury is serious, WR are much higher priorities for Beane heading into the TDL.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
They've got 3 "hard" games left: Us, Texans and Seahawks

Other than that: Dolphins x2, Cardinals, Colts, Jags, Pats, Rams

IMO, one doesn't need to squint too hard to see a 7-3 to finish the year.
Ayeee, they have too many issues, imo.

Their defense isn't elite like it was last year. Reddick needs to come in and completely transform that pass rush because it's just not potent on 4-man rushes like last year. Their run defense is bad, and offenses know this now. I also think getting rid of Saleh was a bad move.

Rodgers is starting to throw picks that he didn't in GB. Their O line is blah and can't open holes for their RBs. G Wilson isn't looking the part of a #1 WR. On top of all that, they have Hackett calling the plays on O.

In my mind, the Tua led Dolphins are 50/50 games for the Jets, and expecting them to win all the games they should is daring. The parity in the NFL is just too high, and the Jets are not a good team.

Finally, I wonder how the vibes are in the locker-room. Rodgers said the vibes were flat at half time, and I wonder if they've lost the locer-room. Rodgers has seemingly become the GM of that team, and Saleh getting fired may not sit right with some of those guys.

There's a chance. For sure. Never say never, but it's bleak is all I'm saying.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse

Garrett is an impact DE, he has been good in the community in Cleveland, and he's a good teammate.

I am curious why you wouldn't want Garrett anywhere near the Bills.

He once assaulted a player with a helmet on the football field, and yesterday ranted about model citizen deshaun Watson.

I don’t pretend to have a moral threshold to whether I’ll root for sports players, but I don’t particularly like Garret and would prefer him not on the team

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
There is always a chance the Bill's could terminate Von, but I have to think we might of heard whispers by now.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Dorian WIlliams has improved positionally, has some chemistry with Bernard/Spector, and gotten better in coverage responsibilities. He reminds me in ways to Edmunds. But I still want to see him start making some big impact plays on D now going forward (sack, Int, breakups, strip fumble, etc.). With his athleticism he should be able to do it.

Last edited:

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Who can stop the Chiefs from three-peating? That question seems like the answer is no one.
By all right, the Chiefs should have a loss or 2 by now. Their plot armor is just too thick right now.

And in saying that.....there's no one dominant team right now. Moreso than previous seasons, it seems like most teams can beat anyone any week.

Just get to the playoffs and get hot.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Who can stop the Chiefs from three-peating? That question seems like the answer is no one.
They arent blowing doors off of trams.

Most if these games have been close in late 3rd.znd 5th. 4 finished as one score games.

Going giward only yjr Panthers and maybe the browns may be.essy wins. They face divisional foes, bucs, Bills, steelers, and texans

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Dorian WIlliams has improved positionally, has some chemistry with Bernard/Spector, and gotten better in coverage responsibilities. He reminds me in ways to Edmunds. But I still want to see him start making some big impact plays on D now going forward (sack, Int, breakups, strip fumble, etc.). With his athleticism he should be able to do it.
I still think he’s a huge liability on play action, misdirection, etc. I’d settle for him not being out of position so often more than I need splash plays

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
There is no way Beane gives up that much for a DE that might be a rental with Von coming back after the Seattle game.

I could see him giving up one 2nd that can become a 1st if they get to the SB and Garrett plays or something like that, though.

They are still in a spot where the cap will be tight and they need the premium picks to supplement the roster with quality guys on rookie deals.
Garrett wouldn’t be a rental. He’s arguably the best defensive player in the nfl. If you trade for him it’s to make him a cornerstone piece of the team. Now is any singular player worth what he would demand (two firsts at minimum, I imagine)? I dunno. I hope the Chiefs don’t get him.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Garrett wouldn’t be a rental. He’s arguably the best defensive player in the nfl. If you trade for him it’s to make him a cornerstone piece of the team. Now is any singular player worth what he would demand (two firsts at minimum, I imagine)? I dunno. I hope the Chiefs don’t get him.
Beane would likely have a sizable lift to re-do Garrett's contract and extend core young players like Bernard and Benford.

Given the remaining two years on the deal, I wouldn't think it was 100% that the Bills could afford to keep him beyond 2024.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Man, putting Von and Myles on the edges with Oliver and Rousseau in the middle on obvious passing downs makes my heart flutter. Myles G is about to be 30, so I'm not sure how much I'd be willing to give up assets wise for him, but he's an enticing piece for sure.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Andre Reed was simply the best and got him to Canton. (although he could do more than that as well)

Prime Bease was a pretty damn good 80 catch guy.

Shakir more around 60-70 catches now. I do hope he can hold up to physical play in the slot though.
I liked Beasley but I got so tired of his “catch the ball, turn around and immediately throw his own face into the turf” move, he did it all the time.

Hard to argue about Andre, I do agree he was fantastic for us in his prime. I don’t think we’ve seen prime Shakir quite yet, and he’s already amazing.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
Man, putting Von and Myles on the edges with Oliver and Rousseau in the middle on obvious passing downs makes my heart flutter. Myles G is about to be 30, so I'm not sure how much I'd be willing to give up assets wise for him, but he's an enticing piece for sure.

Totally forgot about Von. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad.

only 1 more week until he's back. So that's good..

I would pass on trading for Myles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad